1.    #1  
    All I can say is wow. I thought I was going to regret it, but how behind is Palm? The Pearls is awsome in everyway. If you're are contemplating it, DONT! you'll be happy to have a device that performs more than you have to reset it. ITs not perfect, but way ahead of windows and palm IMO.
    Maybe you can shed more light on it? Seeing you have 2 lifetime post count and all. If you post a little more detail on the difference, you will have 66% of your posts about Blackberry and 33% about Treo!
    Let me shed a little light. I had the Pearl for a while and to me, it's certainly easier to use out of the box without a lot of tweaking, than either of the other 2. JMO, but I like BB's current platform. I can see why those just wanting a smartphone that works would go with Blackberry. Lack of 3G in US versions is one drawback. They have a 3G European version.

I just wish they'd loosen up on the proprietary email servers and browser(although you can still install Opera Mini), but I guess that defeats the whole purpose of BB. I had to go back to WM because I got sick of their closed system. Although needing an Exchange server for some things is almost the same.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Thanks for sharing this information guys.
    ITrush <my blog
    Phonediva...perhaps I'm mistaken but I believe the VZW Pearl is most certainly 3G.
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
    I have my personal 700p and a BB from work, and to me the Treo is SO much better there's no comparison. The BB apps are 2nd rate, and ugly. The lack of a touch screen is so archaic. And scrolling and clicking through all those menus drives me nuts. It's almost as if RIM tried to add as much complexity to the interface as possible. The 700p is just so much easier to navigate than the stupid BB.

Buy what works for you, but people reading this thread should know the BB isn't all wine and roses.

BTW, I can't remember the last time my Treo reset.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Yes, the new CDMA ones are 3G. I also understand they have GPS. More steps in the right direction.

And lack of touch screen is NOT archaic. With most Blackberries, you really don't even NEED one. A bit off topic, but WM Standard(the NEW smartphone version) also still has no touchscreen and still works quite well! There are about 10 or so new WM Standard phones with no touchscreen, and people are quite happy with them. Touchscreen is a luxury PDA phone users WANT, but don't necessarily NEED. I use both with and without, and can never say that the ones with no touchscreen SHOULD have one. Once you use one, you do get used to it, but to not have one isn't the end of the world. The only thing I'd say is it would be nice to tap on apps to open them, but I won't lose any sleep over not being able to.

And are you kidding? Most of the BB interface is so simple, you don't need a manual. They did bury a few things, but not enough to warrant that kind of reaction! Try using WM, now THAT'S the one with too many menus to go through!!

On my BB, I was able to change the "Home" screen to get to apps I use a lot and bury the ones I rarely use, Do you have the newer BB OS or the older one? This is on the newer OS. Maybe the older one is different , but I think they are all using the new one now, so you can customize your home screen so all your favorite apps show on there.

BB apps second rate and ugly? Well that's a matter of opinion but one should look on Handango and decide for themself. They can be plain, but then BB is a bit plain too(but some would use the term "clean"). But I didn't really care, I was just glad that I was able to enlarge the font so I could see what I was doing, LOL! A cleaner interface helps with larger fonts. On WM, the screen just looks more cluttered with larger fonts. I haven't use Palm OS for a long time, so I don't remember how it looks with larger fonts.

NO phone is all wine and roses. On every phone I've ever owned, there were at least 2 drawbacks.

P.S. Did you mean the built-in apps? I didn't have a problem with them either. Sure they're plain, but I could read them and get my work done and that was all that mattered in the end.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tre-i-e-i-o View Post
    Phonediva...perhaps I'm mistaken but I believe the VZW Pearl is most certainly 3G.
    Sprint and Verizon's versions. 3G is standard network practices in the CDMA world with Sprint future rollout of 4G , but with GSM you get your pick of unlocked phones and international use for all of the GSM lovers. I would rather have CDMA any day with more choices in world phones with both network radios.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Except Sprint and Verizon phones CAN'T be used worldwide due to being locked down. And the 2 phones that are dual GSM/CDMA are still tied to the carrier. I understand you have to ask them for a SIM, meaning you're still at their mercy while you travel to Europe and parts of Asia. I guess it's OK if your company foots the huge roaming bill.

But I still like having my own uncontrolled-by-carrier phone and can go where I want, and use whatever carrier I want without having to cry to the home carrier! I don't see why we pay good money for a phone and then it's never really ours due to the carrier and their restrictions! I do remember when it wasn't that way on CDMA, but then they used the excuse of theft to lock down phones. But at least you can still unlock the GSM phones!

no touchscreen is archaic?? hmmm last time I checked most computers do not have a touch screen. you have a mouse & have to click through menus. so the blackberry is essentially like that. what the big deal? what do we really need anyway?? my pearl is on the way!
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    The lack of a touch screen is so archaic. And scrolling and clicking through all those menus drives me nuts. The 700p is just so much easier to navigate than the stupid BB.
    -lack of touchscreen is "archaic?" really now.
    -scrolling and clicking through menus; you don't scroll, click, point, tap, push, 5-way navigate on your Treo? do menus just appear by staring at the screen? please.
    -you think the 700p is easier to navigate, great, glad it works for you. tell me how you navigate carrying that brick around.

blackberry products work, and work well. they're stylish, compact, and pocketable. what they aren't is a day and life organizer, but at least they don't reset.
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    I don't know about that. I have vwz Pearl for myself and a Curve for work and either is more than capable of replacing my 700p. It boils down to the compromises one is willing to make. After I was discharged from the Betty Fort/Palm Rehab Clinic I was ok. 2 or 3 relapses but hey, I was a dedicated Palm junkie . . .