Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by wellsjs View Post
    Well, I've had my HTC XV6800 a couple of days now . . . starting to settle in with WinMo and trialing a few apps to compliment what came on it. I love this device!!! It definately takes some getting used to. Day one I was thinking "big mistake," because everything was a pain due to lack of skill/experience with WinMo, but yesterday I "turned the corner" and am really, really starting to like everything about this HTC product.
    If you like it now, hop on over to XDA Developers and browse that site. It's amazing what you can do with an HTC product. My Tilt has a "cooked" ROM that is smokin'.
    Ya Im using Dutties hybrid..... A cooked ROM Is the way to go. See ya at XDA.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    I've been a Palm user and advocate since my 2mb 3Com Palm III. That was almost 10 years ago. But this baby is seducing me to the dark side... just wish it had a keyboard; but I guess text inputs will be like using my Tungsten T3....
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Well, its done. The 6800 and accessories will be here monday. My wife will get the 700wx, just in case I cant live without the one handed keyboard on the treo
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Now look what I've found.
    Add a keyboard and bar code reader, minus 3G and wait for a WM6 upgrade and we have the Symbol MC35. The next generation to this could be another stronger competitor.
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    I do have a treo 750. That is my primary phone. I got a unbranded HTC WM5fom a friend. XDA rules! I was flashing different ROMS into it like crazy. It was a hard phone to master before the hacking and flashing. Once I got the hand of short cuts and stuff it was cool. The treo 750 is a HTC device (cheatha) but it does not have a the fancy ROMS. Good luck buddy and bring any findings to the WM section here if you please. See, you technically don't have to leave!
    Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell.
    I jumped to what I call "The Right Side" in Jan of this year with a 700wx... I'd been with palm since maybe '96 or '97.... It hurt me to leave, but I did not really leave, I had a "Palm" device.

I'm trying to wait for the 800w to release (or whatever it will be called). I do like the htc touch though (I'm on sprint). I really like the layout of the Samsung SCH-i760... with the regular keys in front.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    I bounce back and forth. I dropped the 650 for the PPC 6700---->700p--->700wx--->750--->Kaiser,,,,,,, but I still chat here at TC,,,,, We've got the best people!!!
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    The 6800 is in my hands. The treo 700wx now belongs to the wife. This thing is SO FAST! How can it have such a large screen, slide open and still be smaller than the treo? Im lovin this thing so far. Its going to be tough to get used to no keyboard, but Im sure Ill figure it out...
    Quote Originally Posted by COBronco View Post
    The 6800 is in my hands. The treo 700wx now belongs to the wife. This thing is SO FAST! How can it have such a large screen, slide open and still be smaller than the treo? Im lovin this thing so far. Its going to be tough to get used to no keyboard, but Im sure Ill figure it out...
    After you have it awhile, join jamespaulritter and myself at XDA Developers. That site will show how nice that device can really be.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Deltaflyer View Post
    After you have it awhile, join jamespaulritter and myself at XDA Developers. That site will show how nice that device can really be.
    I signed up last night. I also downloaded all the goodies for the phone. The only one I havent put on there is the volume hack. I really like this thing so far. Today will be a busy day and Ill be using the phone functions alot, and Im curious to see how it stacks up! Thanks for the invite!
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    So, Ive had it a couple days now. NO PROBLEMS. No freezeups, no bluetooth dropouts, not slowdowns. Its running everything I had on the treo plus alot more new stuff and it works. Voicedial is something I really missed, and now its back. The shortcut keys during text/email are awesome, and the huge list of software/hacks for this phone just make it awesome to use.....Unless Palm really knocks one out of the park, I doubt Ill be back to the Treo. I miss the one handed keyboard, but less each day...
    Quote Originally Posted by wellsjs View Post
    After seven+ years I'm leaving the Palm OS world. I ordered a VZW XV6800 HTC yesterday and can't wait to start learning the WM OS and experiencing what this smokin' device has to offer. See ya'll around, and thanks for all of your help and advice over the last couple of years.
    I made the jump from the 650 to a HTC 6700 and now have the mogul. So it's been a couple of years since I made the change and I am glad I did. I haven't been to this site in about a year and poped in to see if the level of activity has slowed down as Treos loose market share.

I actually have fond memories of this site and those that contributed. I must say in hindsight that I liked Treocentral more than the treo itself.

Anyway, I wish Treo made better Windows Mobile devices. Unless they get their act together and add wifi, memory, and built in GPS the market share slide will undoubtedly continue. It's a shame really.
    My Windoze toolz http://www.securitysoftware.cc
    Speaking of slide-outs... anyone interested in buying an unlocked like-new MDA? It was a replacement when my screen stopped working a year ago. I expected to be back with T-M by now, but I can't as yet.

I came back to a Treo 700P because I thought I needed a BT modem connection. It proved entirely unreliable and I had to move to a PC card solution. I'll be moving back to an adult OS asap.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    How much? My friend is looking for one.
    $300 + shipping
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Upon further review, how about $200 + shipping?
    He ended up with a touch, thanks though.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12