1.    #1  
    I have an interesting situation. I have owned a Visor now for about 8 months and just won a Palm IIIC. What do I do ?

Having color would be cool, but I like the Visor quite a bit. I have no springboard modules yet, but am considering a GPS or a wireless module. Obviously, these cannot be used with the Palm IIIC.

Do I give up my Palm IIIC and use the proceeds to buy a module or two ? Do I give up the Visor and keep the IIIC ? Do I keep both ? If I keep both can you sync two Palm OS machines from the same desktop computer and live ?

Help !
    Keep 'em both for a week. Sell the one that got used less. Don't look back.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
  3.    #3  
    Then I'd have to open the box of the new one - making it's potential value less.
    True, but you won't really know if you want it otherwise.
    -Joshua
    Sell both & get a Prism (Thats sorta what I did, when I won a Palm V).
    Matt Nichols
    VigoSpraxPalm@Yahoo.com
    Originally posted by Matthew Nichols
    I'm guessing you have the VDX?

Out of the Box, I think that the IIIC has a little more wow factor, but long term I would go with the VDX: expansion.

...but really I'd sell both & upgrade too!
    Originally posted by Matthew Nichols
    Another fine idea (although I'd substitute the prism for a Clié or an edge, but it's the principle that makes the idea fine).
    -Joshua
    Originally posted by ****-richardson
    [...]I'd substitute the prism for a Clié or an edge, but it's the principle that makes the idea fine).
    <<drifting off topic>>

D-R: Did you become dissatisfied with the Prism? Or do you think that the Clie simply edges it out? Just curious.
  9.    #9  
    I think I'm leaning toward keeping my Visor Deluxe and "returning" the IIIC . I'm happy with what the Visor does and really want to try a Springboard module or two.

Thanks for your advice !
    Originally posted by dietrichbohn
    I'm guessing you have the VDX?
    Actually, I sold the Palm V this year for pretty much $200 + I got $200 for signing up with MCI. I could have sold me VDX to a friend for $150-$200 easy, but I decided to keep it to use with the Magellan. In theory I could have sold it and ended up with the same deal, a Prism for $50.
    Matt Nichols
    VigoSpraxPalm@Yahoo.com
    Originally posted by dietrichbohn

<<drifting off topic>>

D-R: Did you become dissatisfied with the Prism? Or do you think that the Clie simply edges it out? Just curious.
    I'm not dissatisfied with the Prism. I just think the Clié is the device to beat as far as color goes (part of that hinges on Sony's ability to flash higher color depth onto the device), and the edge is the device to beat as far as monochrome goes (as is).
    -Joshua
    I just have to jump in here.
    I had my Visor deluxe since 11/99 and it's the best.

For Valentine's day, I gave my newbie husband a IIIc, figuring he would enjoy the color and use it more for that reason.

I still had my Vdx- because I loved it and had the backup mod, keyboard, and modem. And was waiting for the Prism to come down in price.

The IIIc had such HORRIBLE graffiti recognition that I called Palm and they said:
    1. Maybe you need more graffiti practice. PPPPlllleeeeeze!
    2. Maybe you installed the software wrong. (see above response)
    3. We haven't heard of anyone else having this same problem.

Well, I went to my pc and looked up graffiti/IIIc on newsgroups, and you would not believe the angry customers out there with the SAME problem and SAME tech support (lack of).

FastForward-
    Gave my husband my deluxe, he missed the color but was so happy that writing was EASY and not a chore. Uses it a couple times a day now. He expecially liked the Visor datebook view upgrades.
    As for me, WELL, I upgraded to the Prism and now I be dreamin' in COLOR.

PS. Before returning the IIIc, both serial and usb co-habitated perfectly fine on my pc.
    "I cannot live without books." Thomas Jefferson
    Originally posted by ****-richardson

I'm not dissatisfied with the Prism. I just think the Clié is the device to beat as far as color goes (part of that hinges on Sony's ability to flash higher color depth onto the device), and the edge is the device to beat as far as monochrome goes (as is).
    That's what I figured you meant.

Re: Clie vs. Prism, I'm having a hard time choosing which device I think is better (academic, since I prefer mono anyway... I have thus far managed to avoid the multimedia bug). I guess I'm with you, but I put Clie only slightly ahead: that memorystick gets on my nerves! (although I love it in my digital8 cam!)
    do NOT return the IIIc, unless you cannot stand the responsibility of a color screen.

The thing is, is that the modules you want have alternatives on the IIIc! (GoAmerica , and Streetfinder!) , that are usually cheaper for the IIIc than on the HS. Plus, it's color. If you have a VDX, you can sell them for the same price. No kidding.

Of course, selling both for a Prism is not a bad idea either. Or, why not give the IIIc to me? I'll um.... donate it to the needy. Hey, they need organization ya know!!!!!!
    <b><font size=1 color=teal>"Sorry about the whole thing about losing your life savings, but that Palmpilot is property of Enron, so please give it back"
    Originally posted by driver8
    I think I'm leaning toward keeping my Visor Deluxe and "returning" the IIIC . I'm happy with what the Visor does and really want to try a Springboard module or two.

Thanks for your advice !
    If you're going to return it, do it now before you open the box and get tempted by the color. I agree with what others have suggested: sell both and UPgrade.
    "That IS a Palm III form-factor in my pocket, AND I'm happy to see you...."
    Originally posted by gbgood
    The IIIc had such HORRIBLE graffiti recognition that I called Palm and they said:
    1. Maybe you need more graffiti practice. PPPPlllleeeeeze!
    2. Maybe you installed the software wrong. (see above response)
    3. We haven't heard of anyone else having this same problem.

Well, I went to my pc and looked up graffiti/IIIc on newsgroups, and you would not believe the angry customers out there with the SAME problem and SAME tech support (lack of).
    Maybe Handspring's patches to fix a similar problem with the early Prisms would help.

Gave my husband my deluxe, he missed the color but was so happy that writing was EASY and not a chore. Uses it a couple times a day now. He expecially liked the Visor datebook view upgrades.
    As for me, WELL, I upgraded to the Prism and now I be dreamin' in COLOR.
    Yep. Like others here, I say sell both and get the Prism.
    Last edited by Gameboy70; 06/05/2001 at 10:03 PM.
    Originally posted by Gameboy70
    Yep. Like others here, I say sell both and get the Prism.
    Ditto.
    "Great Spirits Have Always Encountered Violent Opposition From Mediocre Minds." -- Albert Einstein