Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dstudboy1 View Post
    Well for us people on Sero why would we want to pay extra for the BB service? Just seems pointless to have to fork over an extra $30-40 bucks a month just for the BB service. I can see how it might make sense for a Verizon person to switch since the BB plan takes the place of a data plan which is cheaper.
    I would be confused about that as well--no added benefit with a BB plan on Sprint, unless you work it with retentions to get some crazy deal, which is possible, but a pain. With Sero and discount, I pay $27.14 a month 500 minutes and unlimited everything else, including SMS/MMS. That's why I've had a ridiculous 9 friends & co-workers ditch their carriers and switch to a Centro w/Sero (all are very happy with the device).

But I guess the alternate argument is if you're on Verizon it's somewhat of a wash or slightly cheaper, but I'd venture to say the other carrier's and their BB plans are still priced higher than other PDA phones.

Eh, with Sony-Ericsson on board with WM now, I see WM and their hundreds of devices gaining some major ground real soon. Just need Nokia now and they're getting closer

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  2.    #102  
    I am with sprint & I got them to give me a recurring credit on my bill for $20 a month for next two years to offset the higher cost of the bb data plan. So I still only pay $10 a month for unlimited web, SMS, GPS. So I know with sprint you can bargain with them to get a deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3 View Post
    Since the Sprint BB plan includes unlimited text, the price really just balanced out for me.
    That's a pretty good deal! Text, email and web in one price.

Don't the new CDMA BBs have EVDO?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post

Yes which is a nice bonus and for some worth the wait for BB devices on CDMA so long after GSM carriers get them.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts

Yeah plus it includes basic Sprint TV channels and navigation.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I have had 4 treos and have given up on the lousy bluetooth, the challenges of getting stable push mail and the lack of any real upgrades as their model number go up (600,650,700,755). I am holding out for the verizon curve. I have played with a co workers pearl and while it is nice and small who wants to surf or read mail on that small screen? She claims she can type well with suretype but the size of the curve and the advantages of big screen full keyboard... sorry palm.. you just don't listen to your user base!!

Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
    fascinating to see so many die-hard Treo people finally give the Pearl/Curve a try. i remember the day when i was scoffed at for suggesting such a thing. and yes, i'm still using a Pearl but now with Verizon (was with T-Mo) so to enjoy the savings of the family plan that i had in place with them originally.

my only question to myself is "would i still rather have the best in pocketability or the larger screen/footprint of the Curve?"

may try out a curve to see if i can live with the larger size but i'm sure it's going to be tough beating the smallness of the Pearl.

enjoy yours!
    Quote Originally Posted by jcasavant View Post
    I have had 4 treos and have given up on the lousy bluetooth, the challenges of getting stable push mail and the lack of any real upgrades as their model number go up (600,650,700,755). I am holding out for the verizon curve. I have played with a co workers pearl and while it is nice and small who wants to surf or read mail on that small screen? She claims she can type well with suretype but the size of the curve and the advantages of big screen full keyboard... sorry palm.. you just don't listen to your user base!!
    I think the pearl was designed phone first and bb 2nd . Where the curve is pda/planner first and phone 2nd so pick your poison which do you perfer? I perfer the phone first and like the pearl but holding out for the curve to see and compare before I drop my cash.
    Tritan

May the Pda be with you!!
    The GSM Curves have wifi and/or GPS, and hopefully they'll allow these features on the CDMA versions.

I'd get the Curve if I had to choose, due to heavy texting and screen size. Although I did love the Pearl. But they really did a good job on the Curve. Very nice screen on a BB, and the size is not too big and not too small.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!

The curve is coming . first pics on boy genius and bb geeks.

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2008/...comment-117236
    Tritan

The GSM Curves have wifi and/or GPS, and hopefully they'll allow these features on the CDMA versions.

I'd get the Curve if I had to choose, due to heavy texting and screen size. Although I did love the Pearl. But they really did a good job on the Curve. Very nice screen on a BB, and the size is not too big and not too small.
    I got my wife the Curve and she loves it.
    at&t iPhone3G
    As soon as sprint releases the curve....im all over it. i have thought about getting another type of device, but i have just held on to hope that palm would get it together. well they haven't. after messing with the bluetooth on my 755 today i am officially done. i have not used BT much, until now. How in the hell do you guys that use it put up with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKenny View Post
    after messing with the bluetooth on my 755 today i am officially done. i have not used BT much, until now. How in the hell do you guys that use it put up with it?
    maybe they just make excuses for it. that or they find some way to hack it to death to finally get it to do what they want it to!
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    Well, after owning every Palm device beginning with the original Palm Pilot, I am being forced to move to a Blackberry today.

My company adopted the Treo 600 as a standard when they first came out. After many hardware problems and complaints, it begain offering Blackberrys as an alternative (letting users choose between Palm - POS or WM - and Blackberry). I spoke with our IT department yesterday when my latest Palm 700p went into an endless reset loop from which it has yet to recover. Treos now account for less than 20% of smartphones in the company, but produce more than 80% of the service calls. So they pulled the plug. No more Treos.

I'll miss the simplicity of the POS, and the many polished 3rd party programs (including Datebk6, Chatter, TealPhone, PdaNet and TryDA) on which I've come to rely. I've lurked in these forums for years, visiting most every day. I spent some time searching yesterday, but I haven't found a community for the Blackberry that is anything like here. Thanks to you all.

Kelly
    ^ Kelly, continue to hang out and have some fun here in the "other devices/blackberry" forums.

you'll get along just fine, especially if you like "simplicity."

regards
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    If I can get retentions to give me a credit for the BB data plan I might just do it...
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Well I'm a very happy with my Pearl. The stability, battery life, and bluetooth are absolutely amazing. Did you know you van voice dial with a bt headset and if the headset disconnects continuously, IT'S NOT NORMAL? Someone should tell Palm. The only thing I haven't found a software replacement for is the white screen. I haven't been able to find one anywhere.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    Quote Originally Posted by kjflint View Post
    Well, after owning every Palm device beginning with the original Palm Pilot, I am being forced to move to a Blackberry today.

My company adopted the Treo 600 as a standard when they first came out. After many hardware problems and complaints, it begain offering Blackberrys as an alternative (letting users choose between Palm - POS or WM - and Blackberry). I spoke with our IT department yesterday when my latest Palm 700p went into an endless reset loop from which it has yet to recover. Treos now account for less than 20% of smartphones in the company, but produce more than 80% of the service calls. So they pulled the plug. No more Treos.

I'll miss the simplicity of the POS, and the many polished 3rd party programs (including Datebk6, Chatter, TealPhone, PdaNet and TryDA) on which I've come to rely. I've lurked in these forums for years, visiting most every day. I spent some time searching yesterday, but I haven't found a community for the Blackberry that is anything like here. Thanks to you all.

Kelly
    http://www.blackberryforums.com/

http://forums.crackberry.com/search....archid=1287744

They both are great resources for BB
    Tritan

Also pinstack.com, full of fun people who believe it or not, mod Blackberries. Not as much as the Treo obviously, just simple firmware hacks and themes, nothing serious.

19.    #119  
    I thought the small screen would be a pain but honestly it is great. As much as the curve is nice I may stay with the pearl because I like the small size. And honestly what kind of web browsing do I really need to do on the go that the curve would be that much better for?? I wish it had wifi though! But that is why I am getting the nokia N810 - for international travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    I thought the small screen would be a pain but honestly it is great. As much as the curve is nice I may stay with the pearl because I like the small size. And honestly what kind of web browsing do I really need to do on the go that the curve would be that much better for?? I wish it had wifi though! But that is why I am getting the nokia N810 - for international travel.
    I am thinking the same thing I have been waiting for over 4 months for the curve and with each passing day I am wondering if I am going to try the curve and decided I want a smaller device and switch to the pearl which has been out for some time.
    Tritan

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast