Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    No threaded text messaging and no streaming radio! Other than that it is great! So stable! No regrets
    not even a new bb curve would change your mind?
    Tritan

May the Pda be with you!!
  2.    #62  
    Maybe a curve went sprint gets them. But I love the tiny size of the pearl!
    Global Posts
    637 Global Posts
    How much does that international data plan cost?

Quote Originally Posted by txschafers View Post
    I agree....I have had several Treo's and actually loved my 750 thru AT&T. However, my 8820 is ROCK SOLID!! I had to reboot my 750 about twice a week and I seemed to always be tweaking it. It cracks me up when I hear people talking about a smartphone like it needs to be one step down from a Cray super computer. Actually, if there was a data plan like the BB's have that permitted unlimited international data I would probably still be using my 750. I travel internationally so the BB is the only way to go. I use the Treo for GPS now and that is about it. Tom Tom 6 works great on it.

My company issued 8820 has GPS as well but I like the interface on the Treo better from a GPS perspective
    you got the purple blue pearl on sprint?
    Tritan

5.    #65  
    Yes for sprint. Another thing is it took awhile to feel 100% comfortable typing with SureType. After 2 weeks I was profficient. But it took about 30 days to get used to it completely. After two weeks I thought oh I can do this but I would rather check and send emails or I.M. On my computer. I felt handicapped. But now I am all good!
    The funny thing about this thread is that my wife is about to dump her pearl for a Treo. I think what's the right phone for one person, is not right for another.
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins

Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix
    Yes for sprint. Another thing is it took awhile to feel 100% comfortable typing with SureType. After 2 weeks I was profficient. But it took about 30 days to get used to it completely. After two weeks I thought oh I can do this but I would rather check and send emails or I.M. On my computer. I felt handicapped. But now I am all good!

I see i was wondering the same thing. Sounds like the 8130 has a bunch of bugs in the OS, fast battery drain , random call log and text messages vanishing,along with Sprint tV not working and music skip with incomming calls.

http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=148145

There is a new OS on the way from what people are saying to correct these issues. Alot of them have to do with keeping some memory free for programs to run . That memory issue is true on any smartphone.
    Tritan

8.    #68  
    I have not experienced any of those bugs in the 30 days. Just do it. Palm is dead!
    thanks for your input. Otterbox is just getting ready for a case for the pearl 2 on sprint in February so I will get on at that time as I work outside and need a great case for it.
    Tritan

Global Posts
    634 Global Posts
    I currently have a 700p and been looking at the pearl. I'm getting tired of palm's resets. I get at least 3 resets a week. Most of the time it happens when I'm about to make a call. I hit the send button and it resets. It drives me crazy having to wait a few minutes just to make a call. The only other phone I would like right now, besides the pearl, is the iphone. But I'm not about to switch to At&t just for that.

One program I use a lot on my treo is "my checkbook" which is free. Is there anything similar to it for the pearl that is free?
    Quote Originally Posted by enilm View Post
    I currently have a 700p and been looking at the pearl. I'm getting tired of palm's resets. I get at least 3 resets a week. Most of the time it happens when I'm about to make a call. I hit the send button and it resets. It drives me crazy having to wait a few minutes just to make a call. The only other phone I would like right now, besides the pearl, is the iphone. But I'm not about to switch to At&t just for that.

One program I use a lot on my treo is "my checkbook" which is free. Is there anything similar to it for the pearl that is free?
    a Quick google shows this program for 9.95 but there are others.

http://www.handmark.com/products/detail.php?id=991&r_id=google_blackberry_checkbook2&s_kwcid=checkbook%20blackberry|926577199

If your looking for every program under the sun in your handheld smartphone then stick with palm. I have had palms since they first came out with the orginal pilot and load and bought a lot of software thinking this is cool I don't need my desktop computer anymore. True is most programs just sat as I would wait to get home to do any serious work. I would just view word docs no editing on a 2.5 inch screen. I loaded a bible program but scrolling just sucks after 10 mins of reading so back to the paper I decided on. I also load many more programs and just didn't use them.

I kept going back to the same few over and over. Internet to quick look up somthing, email , and PIM. So for a those few I use over and over the BB works better for me push email is just rock solid.

They more you put on any device the more buggy and slower it becomes just remember that !
    Tritan

Global Posts
    634 Global Posts
    My brother just got the pearl. It's really nice. I played with it a little. But I'm not sure whether I like the suretype and the screen is a little too small.

What I've been looking at now is the curve. Man is that a sleek looking phone. I would not even think about it. Anyone know whether this is actually coming out for Verizon?
    yes it is coming its a matter of time.
    Tritan

Door, ****, you know the rest.

Treo >> Blackberry
    This is the Blackberry subforum though. So the door, **** thing doesn't apply. If you can't talk about BB here, something's wrong.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I have not experienced any of those bugs in the 30 days. Just do it. Palm is dead!
    I was getting tired of the treo (and the size/weight). Decided to try to the pearl. Played with it in the store and did not like it. Read over this thread and decided to give suretype another try.

Im hooked for now. Plus I love the size. Anyone know if the drivers for the igo bt slim stowaway keyboard will work for it though? It currently says its unsupported.

Thanks again for everyone's input.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Too bad there are still no Curves yet for CDMA. That one has a full QWERTY board and then you could dump Sure Type, plus it's small too.

I just checked iGo's site and the Pearl is compatible with newer BB software on it. 4.2.1 or higher. They have driver downloads also on the site. However I can't really tell if they mean CDMA Pearls are included. I think your number is a little higher, like 8120 or 8130, right?
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 02/07/2008 at 12:02 AM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Too bad there are still no Curves yet for CDMA. That one has a full QWERTY board and then you could dump Sure Type, plus it's small too.

I just checked iGo's site and the Pearl is compatible with newer BB software on it. 4.2.1 or higher. They have driver downloads also on the site. However I can't really tell if they mean CDMA Pearls are included. I think your number is a little higher, like 8120 or 8130, right?
    I love the suretype...it really works well but you have to spell words correctly and you have to give it an honest try. It's made two errors in the last couple of days and I type a lot on it.

As far as the keyboard drivers, when I go to their website and select "RIM" and then "Pearl 8130", I get the following message:

Your Search Results

Your product is currently
    Not Compatible: Model has been tested and found to be incompatible" I guess I will try the other drivers to see if I can get them to work.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    I just ordered my Pearl......Never thought I would say that. I feel like I just cheated on my wife. I still like the Treo but I out of town right now and every time I REALLY need to use it, it crashes. I just can't take it anymore. Maybe I'll try the new POS sometime next decade. Maybe I'll be back sooner. I ordered my wife a Centro as well so I'll still be using POS some.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho View Post
    I love the suretype...it really works well but you have to spell words correctly and you have to give it an honest try. It's made two errors in the last couple of days and I type a lot on it.

As far as the keyboard drivers, when I go to their website and select "RIM" and then "Pearl 8130", I get the following message:

Your Search Results

Your product is currently
    Not Compatible: Model has been tested and found to be incompatible" I guess I will try the other drivers to see if I can get them to work.

Think I had auto-word suggest or something like that activated on mine. SureType is like T9 in many ways. So I didn't mind it either. But for those who can't get over QWERTY, the Curve is for you!

Maybe send a letter to iGo support and remind them the CDMA Pearls are out and they need to get with it, LOL!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast