Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    I think it's too expensive to buy, the content is definitively too expensive, and they are trying to tie you to getting content only from Amazon too much. If it was $200, the books were $5 each, and you could move your own documents and ebooks on to it via the USB port, rather than emailing them to it "for a fee", they might just have a new iPod/IMS. As it is, it's a Walkman at best, maybe even a (shock, horror) Zune.

The screen looks cool though, well suited for it's purpose.
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    Ugliness will kill it.

Surur
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    i'd love one but probably won't get one for mostly the same reasons. and I live in europe.
    sony have an ebook aswell which loks much better has a usb connection ans supports .doc .txt and .pdf + some more, the ebook 505 or something to that effect
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    OK, what do I know - apparently they sold out in hours!

OTOH, people queued for that iPod phone contraption, apparently!
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    Haven't decided. Seems like a nice present for the wife who's a huge reader (so am i). But man, that price.. And those books you're buying? Worthless perhaps in the future but then again, a lot of them just take up space.
    concept is great but execution is tasteless. design looks like 1985. so now I need to carry how many devices?
    Design is ok to me. I sure don't want a "thin" book. Hopefully these thin nazis don't get to amazon..lol (but yeah, enough worry about its looks to warrant changes)

I just worry about it long term but i think it'll go over well. But needs price slashed.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Design is ok to me. I sure don't want a "thin" book. Hopefully these thin nazis don't get to amazon..lol (but yeah, enough worry about its looks to warrant changes)
    Too late.

Its that unusual combination of thin AND ugly.

Surur
    For some reason, I am drawn to it, even though the rational mind says "no".

I like the size, and evdo.

Everything says it will flop, but Apple has done all right with propriety hardware and content.

I bet the iBook will show up next year.
    I just purchased it

Hope the wife likes it. I've read enough real reviews on it to feel comfortable doing it. Most decry the price and looks..two things that don't worry me. As it is, they have a 30 day policy.

BTW..i don't think it'll flop. This is the future. Apple can come out with the ibook or whatever, but i like Amazon's chances.
    I just purchased it
    Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

Surur
    cardfan, we look forward to your review.
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    I just purchased it
    Ah ha! I hoped someone would - do tell us what you think!

Apple can come out with the ibook or whatever...
    Perhaps that is what the much vaunted Apple tablet really is??
    The intrigue builds....
    Hey I knew they would find a use for those old Startrek and B5 props . . .

Regards
    graylion
    IMO it should be
    * Palm TX sized
    * Offer FREE with 2 year subscribtion service of eNewspaper or eMagazines. For example, if they offer NY Times, Newsweek and Econormist for 20 a month I would go for it. Well maybe not Newsweek, but some other serious magazine with less pictures.
    I agree they should have bundled some content. It seems kind of obvious, but maybe they figured it wasn't worth it.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Bump. Wife just got one for me for Christmas. Love it and eagerly await version 2.0, so I can give this one to her and get the updated one for myself.
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.