1.    #1  
    The one thing I have realized from reading all the posts, is that it is really great the number of choices people have in a smart phone. A good salesperson should be able to help someone choose the right smartphone based on their wants and needs in a phone given the great number of choices. I really like the fact that each smartphone has its own personallity and seems to fill a particular niche.
    Unfortunately, salees people are in this for commissions and meeting goals, not making sure that users get the best device for their needs.

I know of very few who work in the cellular arena who are competent enough in terms of knowing devices inside and outside of their carrier deck to be able to make those calls.

That all being said, there is a good bit of a selection out there (if you are a GSM user, less so on the CDMA side), and given a good bit of homework, something on or off the carrier deck can be found and give a pleasing bit of use.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
  3. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Antoine of MMM View Post
    Unfortunately, salees people are in this for commissions and meeting goals, not making sure that users get the best device for their needs.

I know of very few who work in the cellular arena who are competent enough in terms of knowing devices inside and outside of their carrier deck to be able to make those calls.

That all being said, there is a good bit of a selection out there (if you are a GSM user, less so on the CDMA side), and given a good bit of homework, something on or off the carrier deck can be found and give a pleasing bit of use.
    Hear hear.

And most of the time when the people have questions or issues, that salesperson is on to the next sale.