Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Man, you can always tell who's got an economic interest when these campaigns go on, and on, and on. What a silly waste.

L2S
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    If I read an article in my daily rag saying Dyson vacuum cleaners have a 50% 1 year breakdown rate, I'm going to believe them. I'm not going to go on the internet and research how the columnist has always been biased to Hoover.

Surur
    i'd much rather own an Oreck.
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    The very fact that you are on a cellphone website sets you rather apart from the masses. If I read a horrible review by a respected journalist about a car I had a passing interest in I would not waste my time giving it a test drive though. I would just move on to the next product which wasn't supposedly junk.

Isn't that the whole point of these review - getting advice from supposed experts so you wont have to do it yourself?

Surur
    How about thinking for yourself and also getting other opinions? Doesn't that occur to people? I can never go with what one person says about anything! I need to see what others say and even look at the product myself before I decide to write something off.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Phone Diva, you are mising the point. He was complaining about things which were not true. Again, it would be like me complaining about Treo's only having 160x160 screens. That's not a matter of opinion, its just plain wrong.

Surur
    I thought he was grumbling about WM6 from what I saw. In the original review, I mean. Not the button comment from ZDNET. Obviously that was wrong.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I don't know, Phone Diva. Some of us have to rely a bit on some "expert" tech reviewers as well as other posters to help us pare down the field a bit. Based on your signature I can tell we are somewhat different. I, unlike you, do not have the time, patience, or disposable income to test every single device that looks even the least bit intriguing.
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
    You could go down and look for yourself though. Even if you don't buy the device, most stores have a tester to see if you like it initially. Although now ATT likes to put out some dummies, which messes up the whole purpose of looking at the device first. But the salesperson sometimes lets you look at one out of the box if that happens.

I haven't been to other carriers' stores lately so I don't know what they do, but never buy anything sight unseen IMO. "Experts" may rave about something but YOU may hate it! If you're looking at phones for business purposes, take some time to look, feel and test. Otherwise you'll end up b*&%$ing on the forums, LOL!

Of course that only works for those in urban areas where there're stores. It sucks for those who have to order by internet.

P.S. Get some things used but in good condition if you want to test more than one device, LOL!

7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    You could go down and look for yourself though. Even if you don't buy the device, most stores have a tester to see if you like it initially. Although now ATT likes to put out some dummies, which messes up the whole purpose of looking at the device first. But the salesperson sometimes lets you look at one out of the box if that happens.

I haven't been to other carriers' stores lately so I don't know what they do, but never buy anything sight unseen IMO. "Experts" may rave about something but YOU may hate it! If you're looking at phones for business purposes, take some time to look, feel and test. Otherwise you'll end up b*&%$ing on the forums, LOL!

Of course that only works for those in urban areas where there're stores. It sucks for those who have to order by internet.

P.S. Get some things used but in good condition if you want to test more than one device, LOL!
    The point is not about you, or Oalvarez, or anyone else on this forum, or even people who were really interested in the device. Its about stopping casual consumers from even considering it in the first place. This is the very market this new interface device was supposed to attract.

The only saving grace is that those people probably dont read Pogue either, but many more would read Pogue than a site more positive to the device.

Surur
    This is the very market this new interface device was supposed to attract.

The only saving grace is that those people probably dont read Pogue either, but many more would read Pogue than a site more positive to the device.

Surur
    and no one ever came across your iPhone drivel patch/paste workings?

give it a rest
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    The point is not about you, or Oalvarez, or anyone else on this forum, or even people who were really interested in the device. Its about stopping casual consumers from even considering it in the first place. This is the very market this new interface device was supposed to attract.

Surur
    And I'm still wondering why you think many people will not think for themselves!!! You can't stop anyone from doing anything if they think for themselves, which I hope anyone with the cash to spend on a Shadow can do!!

I'm sure some people follow reviews blindly. I've seen this myself and seriously don't understand how supposedly smart people let someone else do their thinking for them. But not everyone is such a sheep. That's all I'm saying.

Like you said, who reads Pogue? How many kids and young adults read Pogue? That seems the Shadow's main target audience, since WM6 has a somewhat cooler interface just for the Shadow. Plus slider phone=targeting youth most of the time. I'm pretty skeptical that he's going to discourage the target audience. Maybe a somewhat older audience who is probably his main readers, but once again, how can you take one guy's word as gospel? Unless it was someone you knew who actually owned the phone and had problems with it. I'd be amazed if that many people actually do put this much faith in stranger!

10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
    and no one ever came across your iPhone drivel patch/paste workings?

give it a rest
    I thought you covered that already with your "respected" dig? I cant recall making slashdot either.

Surur
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12