1.    #1  
    I'm about to get a new contract w Sprint (SERO) which does not include BB data. It may be possible to add it, but that more than doubles the monthly costs. I'm fine with accessing my mail over the net via POP (no corp BES or Exchange server) and using Opera. Most carriers seem to require specific BB data plans at about $40/month, that's 500/yr w tax.

a. In general, can you use a BB for data (mail, net, navigation) without the carrier's RIM data plan?
    b. How?
    c. Can this be done specifically with Sprint Sero? Online Sero ordering requires the BB data option when you select any BB.
    Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrackBerry View Post
    a. In general, can you use a BB for data (mail, net, navigation) without the carrier's RIM data plan?
    b. How?
    c. Can this be done specifically with Sprint Sero? Online Sero ordering requires the BB data option when you select any BB.
    Sorry, not possible without a BB plan.

There are some fellows over at the HowardForums board that claim to have partial access working without a BB data plan, but it's klugey, and most of the BB functions won't work.
    sprint has a vision "blackberry connect" plan which has everything but BES. It is $30 a month. It is under regular Vision plans & not Blackberry Connect Plans. Other people have been able to get a recurring credit on their account to offset the higher data plan as well. I pay $10 a month for unlimited Vision with text messaging. I don't want to pay $30 a month for the same crap. I will call them & see if they can give a recurring credit...
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    sprint has a vision "blackberry connect" plan which has everything but BES. It is $30 a month. It is under regular Vision plans & not Blackberry Connect Plans. Other people have been able to get a recurring credit on their account to offset the higher data plan as well. I pay $10 a month for unlimited Vision with text messaging. I don't want to pay $30 a month for the same crap. I will call them & see if they can give a recurring credit...
    Any luck? I am in the same situation and curious what you found.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    637 Global Posts
    If that worked I would strongly consider getting the blackberry.

Quote Originally Posted by noahas View Post
    Any luck? I am in the same situation and curious what you found.

Thanks.