Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Cool. At least they are improving, which hasn't been said about Palm in a long time.

Great review btw, so what do you think about Palm OS now? Still prefer wm? I'm sure the stability improvements have also improved your opinion on the os, no?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattycerts View Post
    Cool. At least they are improving, which hasn't been said about Palm in a long time.

Great review btw, so what do you think about Palm OS now? Still prefer wm? I'm sure the stability improvements have also improved your opinion on the os, no?
    Thanks for the compliment and I agree, improvement is a welcomed thing.

My opinion of Palm OS: it's still the same in many ways

Considering how "old", "outdated", "ugly" etc. etc. it still does some things better than any device out there, even WM which has had plenty of development. For instance:

• Still a better phone
    • OS is still very fast
    • 26-keys for Favorites (sms, email, phone, app, links)
    • Search for keyword in Blazer (why is this still missing in PIE?)
    • Ignore call with SMS
    • Automatically add new #'s to new/old contact
    • Pics&Videos is nicer
    • Preferences are not overwhelming
    • SMS is still better
    • Much better use of screen real estate
    • Turn off screen during phone calls (auto)

Of course, there are things that really show the OS's age too, like no MP3 ringers out of the box, no picture ID for SMS or email, no pop-up alerts for Versamail, lame midi sounds for Versamail, lack of profiles, etc. I mean some of those are just still shocking that they are absent. Or could Palm not even refresh it's icon base? lol

But yeah, I still really like Palm OS and the Centro is a great device to show the good side of POS (for a change). The developer community is still awesome, selection of apps is still impressive (Kinoma, pTunes, Chatter, Gx5's stuff) giving new life to the OS still.

So I'll continue to switch on/off both OS's. It gives you perspective: you see what Palm got right for so many years and what Microsoft is still missing and you see how far things have come along for WM as well. I think that's why I like WM Treos so much: it comes as close as possible for merging the two systems together.

But I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Centro. My non-smartphone friends are much more impressed with the Centro than my other WM devices, probably due to size, cost and the simplicity of the UI.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12