1.    #1  
    Hi everybody,

First, this is an official Round Robin thread.
    1. is anyone aware of a way to pull contacts from Yahoo! or GMail directly to WM
    2. is the gps chip available for things beyond telenav (google maps for mobile, windows live search, etc)? If so, how do I set it up so that google maps / wls / etc see it?
    3. any other recommended hacks, tips, tricks, registry quickies, etc.

This is what I've installed so far -- if you see anything key missing, I'd love to see what you recommend.
    • agile messenger because the built-in IM client won't work
    • spb mobile shell to present a different 'today' screen
    • yahoo! go
    • google maps for mobile
    • OggSync to sync the Google Calendars
    • windows live search
    • opera mobile
    Last edited by Overthrow; 11/05/2007 at 07:23 PM. Reason: forgot about agile messenger
    WLS would freeze the tilt if I let the screen time out with it open. It may be fixed now, but watch it like a hawk.
    In WLS, go to Menu>Settings and choose GPS Intermediate Driver. It should work without any other input.

The GPS is unlocked and should work with all apps. The port to use is COM port 4 and 4800 baud, but 9600 baud also works apparently.

The AT&T Tilt is pretty raw, lacking many customizations HTC made to the Kaiser. I suggest going over to xda-developers and downloading some cabs for the Kaiser to improve things a bit.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=332438

Surur
    As an addition to that, if looking at all those lines of lists of CAB files is freaking ya, out, you may wish to view HERE for an "all in one tweak" pack, as an addition to that, Kevin seemed to have an issue with all the LED lights driving him crazy, their is a fix for that problem here, if you consider it a problem that is..
    turn off speech recognition in WLS to avoid the freezing issue
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    You might look into Phone Alarm
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Overthrow View Post
    Hi everybody,

[*]is anyone aware of a way to pull contacts from Yahoo! or GMail directly to WM
    i don't know of an over-the-air method for direct syncing to Yahoo, but you CAN export the contacts from Yahoo to a CSV file that Outlook on the PC can import. After that, you'd sync your tilt once and be done with it. If you are a Mac user, than I have no recommendation, other than borrowing a PC for a few minutes .
    I have an AT&T Tilt and I'm really enjoying it.

1. No idea, don't use either service for contacts.
    2. I've used GPS with GoogleMaps, Live Search, and Tom Tom and all work great. I never once used Telenav. Make sure to run QuickGPS (in the Programs list) to update satellite data.
    3. Watch out for the freezing bug. My Tilt at first would freeze when browsing large webpages online. I did a hard reset, prevented AT&T bloatware from installing (Soft-resetting when customization is about to begin), and turned off the HTC Task Manager in the settings. The task manager seemed to cause some freezing issues in my testing. KaiserTweak is a easy simple way to do some advanced registry hacks; i personally do each one individually to avoid any snags but for the regular user I'm sure KaiserTweak is fine.
    Also, try out CooTek Touchpal for a nice keyboard.

www.cootek.com
  10.    #10  
    awesome, thanks everybody.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Hi everybody,

1. is anyone aware of a way to pull contacts from Yahoo! or GMail directly to

Looks like the other questions are covered, as for the address book problem, one (workaround) I've found is export the web-based address book then import it into outlook (csv files). It's ugly and requires too much manual intervention, but it works.

I note you've tried Opera Mobile; if you get a sec you should also look at Opera Mini, I found this to be the best browser. Quick, user friendly, small footprint.

This is what I've installed so far -- if you see anything key missing, I'd love to see what you recommend.[/list]
    You definitely need to check out the free "apps" created in the WM Developers/Mortscript forum, like:

TreoAlerts
    Pocket SportsCenter
    Pocket StockCenter
    Xcast
    Perasites' apps

etc.

Would also recommend SPB Diary or PocketBreeze and if you're missing the iPhone contact list, check out PocketCM (www.pocketcm.com)
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."