1.    #1  
    I was reading the manual for the Touch from Sprint today and saw that it supports Java out of the box. Could someone who has purchased this phone tell me what it is using for a JVM?

Thanks in advance!
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    It does and so does the ppc-6800.

Sprint has finally started to better integrate their WM devices (e.g. finally we have Sprint TV after 2 years; still no MMS though). The Java is mostly for their Sprint Music store and services.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    It is most likely the same Jeodek / Esmertec engine the 6800 uses. What I don't know is if it will be the latest version with full screen support for Opera Mini.

On a side note, it looks like it suffers from the same certificate deficiency as our 700wx Jeodek/Jbed distribution: http://www.geek.com/review-sprint-touch/ (Check out the Gmail Test)
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    700wx Jeodek/Jbed distribution
    I've not heard of this... Where can I get it and is it better than the IBM VM?
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  5.    #6  
    Thanks for the link. Is this a better solution than the one provided by IBM?
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

Well yeah, except that the Gmail app doesn't work with it, Opera Mini 3.1 and 4 run a Lot better with Jbed. Did you see the screenshots? Full Screen! and stable. And the fonts are much nicer. I still keep the IBM one around for Gmail and some of my own J2ME apps that run well with it.
  7.    #8  
    Well yeah, except that the Gmail app doesn't work with it, Opera Mini 3.1 and 4 run a Lot better with Jbed. Did you see the screenshots? Full Screen! and stable. And the fonts are much nicer. I still keep the IBM one around for Gmail and some of my own J2ME apps that run well with it.
    Thanks for the info! I'm not worried about Opera so I guess I'll stick with the IBM xolution.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G