Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I picked up a sprint htc touch today....and wow i love this thing...i had a 700wx since and evn had a P before that..there are so many things palm chose to do their own crap on that I never realized and now truely have a real windows based phone...amazing...how on each contact you can see when you last called them, having the last called person display right there instead ofgoing extra steps...its just more simple...only thing i realy miss from my treo is the hard keyboard but the aesthetics of this phone are WOOOW coming from a treo and everything i ever wanted on a treo is here.... i highly recommend it and im gonna try my best within my 30 days to get use to the keyboard considering i text a lot n if so then im game
    Where did you pick it up?
    Quote Originally Posted by hotis300boy View Post
    .there are so many things palm chose to do their own crap on that I never realized and now truely have a real windows based phone...amazing...how on each contact you can see when you last called them, having the last called person display right there instead ofgoing extra steps...
    hotis:

FYI: that's a WM6 addition that all WM6 phones have.

The Treo 700wx does not have that since it is...dun dun...WM5. The Treo 750 with WM6 upgrade will do the same thing.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  4.    #4  
    lenox mall atlanta sprint store
    Please post a review on the keyboard. From the previews I've seen that thing looks simply awful, worse than the iPhone.
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
    And the keyboard is where the action is. Ben
    Got to say that after playing with a touch today, I was really surprised by how much I liked it. I have tested one in the past, and don't remember liking it so much. If I was going to go back to a WM device, it would be to the touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Tre-i-e-i-o View Post
    Please post a review on the keyboard. From the previews I've seen that thing looks simply awful, worse than the iPhone.

Have you ever used the iPhone keyboard? I love it. HTC should build one just like it into the touch (I think they are in the next model).
    played with one today i can see were it will take some time to get used to but i love the form factor may give up my centro which i really like for the touch love the abilityto use the full screen but i am afraid to give up on the ease of use of the centro

Fred
    I think the clear message is that Palm should be bring a Touch-like Palm OS device to the market pronto... but I guess that just isn't in Palm's plan for world domination... too bad that it forces us (me) to choose between the more desirable hardware vs the more desirable software...
    I have yet to see the Touch, but in my experience I feel that an exposed QWERTY is the only way to go with WM devices. I'd rather save time with keyboard shortcuts than have the luxury of some touch-UI features.

I'm talking WM of course. Completely opposite opinion re: the iPhone.
    does this thing have wifi?
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    does this thing have wifi?
    No.

Only the non-3g GSM version had Wifi.

Did you guys see this:

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/Gad...ory?id=3838620

Peter Svensson (not familiar with him so I don't know his allegiances) actually proclaims the Touch "the worst phone I've tried over the past few years." Achi Machi!
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tre-i-e-i-o View Post
    Did you guys see this:

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/Gad...ory?id=3838620

Peter Svensson (not familiar with him so I don't know his allegiances) actually proclaims the Touch "the worst phone I've tried over the past few years." Achi Machi!
    I'm pretty sure Surur's head will explode if he reads that

It was a bit harsh, especially about the "windows errors" and skipping of WMP, which are complaints I have not heard about on that device. The dialing of a number/delay on screen thing though is pretty true with a lot of WM devices, which is always frustrating, and I think he's right about the Touch's positioning as an iPhone wannabe is close to the mark.

He also says that the Shadow doesn't have much 3rd party support, which is just bunk. True, there is more development for WM Pro, but I found about 95% overlap in software for both platforms. Not sure what app he couldn't find.

But the Touch is a device I think you either love or hate, not much in between since it's all form-factor preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    I'm pretty sure Surur's head will explode if he reads that
    I read it yesterday. I hope he dies in a fire.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    I read it yesterday. I hope he dies in a fire.

Surur
    lol, I'm just glad to hear you survived

That AP rwview was a joke, and that guy is a joke. Have you read his blog/articles? It's like he takes the Engadget stories and recycles them. What a talent.

Just got my Touch...can't wait to test out the "worst" phone in the past several years. ;-)
    I just hear the latest mobilitytoday podcast. Holy **** they devoted a whole show on the inefficient UI of the Touch/Shadow and WM6 in general.

(It's very funny to me personally, since MobilityToday has always been a hardcore WM site.)
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Follow the money. This is a vast Apple conspiracy intent on world domination which began with the onset of blue tooth headsets. These small devices are slowly reprogramming people to believe that the Touch is bad. But the Touchies will overcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    (It's very funny to me personally, since MobilityToday has always been a hardcore WM site.)
    They have not been for the longest time. I took them of my RSS feed ages ago.

Surur
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast