Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by g.711 View Post
    Follow the money. This is a vast Apple conspiracy intent on world domination which began with the onset of blue tooth headsets. These small devices are slowly reprogramming people to believe that the Touch is bad. But the Touchies will overcome.
    Understood, but who was the second gunman on the grassy knoll?!?!
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
    I bought a Touch on Monday to replace my Treo 700WX. At the end of the first day, I was ready to return it due to the keyboard. Plain and simple, the stock keyboard options are useless. Since then I have tried the TouchPAL keyboard and the PocketCM keyboard. After digging around the PocketCM support forum, I found a layout and skin that made the PocketCM a pretty good keyboard option for me. The keys are a good size and the auto-correction feature works great. Having used this layout for the last two days, I feel I am typing about as fast as I was on my Treo, but with less mistakes due to the auto-correction. With the keyboard tweak, it makes the Touch a much more viable Treo replacement.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I hope you are being objective when you say that. My friend has an iPhone and "loves" the keyboard, says it is "superfast" yet whenever I see him type it seems like he hits the backspace key more than any other key. I think a lot of people that "love" these keyboards are just trying to convince themselves that they didn't make a terrible mistake.
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
    My relationship with the PocketCM keyboard is purely platonic! Seriously, I can only give my opinion on how it works for what I use it for, which is moderate email and sms and for that, it is adequate. I wouldn't say it's super fast, but then I also wouldn't say I was super fast typing on the Treo. The thing that really helps is the auto-correction. The bottom line is that if your main concern is the keyboard, the stock keyboard implementation on the Touch is disappointing to say the least, but there are some alternatives like TouchPal and PocketCM that are decent enough to get the job done. For me, it's a good enough alternative to balance out the lack of a physical keyboard vs. some of the unique benefits the Touch has such as the size and additional screen real estate. Also, a nice thing about Sprint is having 30 days to return it. That should be more than enough time to put the phone through the paces and see if it meets your needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by dingosatemybaby View Post
    I bought a Touch on Monday to replace my Treo 700WX. At the end of the first day, I was ready to return it due to the keyboard. Plain and simple, the stock keyboard options are useless. Since then I have tried the TouchPAL keyboard and the PocketCM keyboard. After digging around the PocketCM support forum, I found a layout and skin that made the PocketCM a pretty good keyboard option for me. The keys are a good size and the auto-correction feature works great. Having used this layout for the last two days, I feel I am typing about as fast as I was on my Treo, but with less mistakes due to the auto-correction. With the keyboard tweak, it makes the Touch a much more viable Treo replacement.
    Dingo,

Could you share the specific layout and skin you are using?

Thanks.
    Certainly. It's the English iphone 2.0 layout and the iphone 3.3 skin.

Here's a link to the forum:
    http://pocketcm.com/phorum/list.php?14
    Last edited by dingosatemybaby; 11/10/2007 at 04:11 PM. Reason: add link
    Quote Originally Posted by Tre-i-e-i-o View Post
    I hope you are being objective when you say that. My friend has an iPhone and "loves" the keyboard, says it is "superfast" yet whenever I see him type it seems like he hits the backspace key more than any other key. I think a lot of people that "love" these keyboards are just trying to convince themselves that they didn't make a terrible mistake.
    Yet everyone is asking about the iPhone skin for the Pocket CM keyboard! (Just kidding, I know you are talking about all of them)

I certainly do not love the iPhone keyboard. But I get by. I would say I type on it a little slower than I did on the Treo. On the iPhone I mess up and hit the wrong key, and on the Treo I would either do the same thing or miss a key altogether.

However, when typing in normal English (no slang, a rarity) the iphone is MUCH faster thanks to the auto-correction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattycerts View Post
    Yet everyone is asking about the iPhone skin for the Pocket CM keyboard! (Just kidding, I know you are talking about all of them)

I certainly do not love the iPhone keyboard. But I get by. I would say I type on it a little slower than I did on the Treo. On the iPhone I mess up and hit the wrong key, and on the Treo I would either do the same thing or miss a key altogether.

However, when typing in normal English (no slang, a rarity) the iphone is MUCH faster thanks to the auto-correction.
    I am just as fast (and as accurate) on my iPod Touch as I am on the 750. I love typing on the Apple keyboard. I especially like the custom keys (like .com) when using Safari.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12