Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    What keeps me from the iPhone is:
    1. the cost...i already have an iPod and the iphone won't hold all my music and videos
    2. AT&T....no way. no how. The money I save using my Sprint SERO it would be hard to pull me from
    3. 3rd party apps...i know it can be hacked..but i need function not just razzle-dazzle.
  2.    #22  
    Thanks for the kind words everyone!

I've been gone all day today visiting with family from out of town. I'll try to answer some questions now.

Nice job on the article, I was glad to see an iPhone review that was coming from someone with NO experience with the device, this is what I would consider an unbiased review...
    Thanks Bla1ze! I did have a little experience but hadn't really used it enough to really know all that much yet. And I'm still learning.

Read you review on iPhone and what struck me is that your comment about keyboard. I used to use Treo 300/650/700 and now have moved to iPhone. My impression of virtual keyboard is that one you get used to it, there is no difference.
    Hi mgkg3! I guess I just need more practice on the iPhone keyboard. As it is now, I'm just more used to the Treo's keyboard. I'm sure that after I practice more, I'll get to liking the iPhone keyboard more and more and hopefully I won't see a difference anymore after I'm used to it.

You mentioned using the iphone as your main music device. The Centro and Treos do have PT deluxe. Internet radio is pretty good to be honest. Much better than i thought it would be. Not too shabby at songs either. I will say the iphone is louder..but not by much.
    Hi cardfan! Well, I've been using it as my main music device mainly because of how great the screen is and because I've been watching lots of YouTube videos. It's really simple to get to YouTube since it's right on the iPhone's Home screen. I do love PT Deluxe though and use it on my Treo 680! And Kinoma is sweet!!

One question I have after many hours typing/dialing/texting/playing while holding the Treo one handed. How well can you do this with the iPhone?
    Hello roams11! Well, when I was using the iPhone all week as my only device, I actually didn't even think to try and do things one handed. I do remember dialing one handed fairly easily though and also opening apps. I think one could type and text one handed pretty well. Towards the end of the week, I was trying to speed up my typing by using both thumbs.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Thanks for the review and insight. I know others have discussed the idea of switching from a business phone to the iphone but I will pose it also. I have a nokia e62 it works great and yet I want a iphone and don't have the disposable income of some. I wonder should I wait for the 2nd gen for such a "iphone" buisness like iphone or give it up and accept the convergience of such a beast is further down the road?
  4.    #24  
    I wonder should I wait for the 2nd gen for such a "iphone" buisness like iphone or give it up and accept the convergience of such a beast is further down the road?
    Hi Pastor T! I'll think I'll let Mike or some of the other iPhone owners field that question as I'm really not sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pastor T View Post
    Thanks for the review and insight. I know others have discussed the idea of switching from a business phone to the iphone but I will pose it also. I have a nokia e62 it works great and yet I want a iphone and don't have the disposable income of some. I wonder should I wait for the 2nd gen for such a "iphone" buisness like iphone or give it up and accept the convergience of such a beast is further down the road?
    I'd guess that there's a good chance a lot of your business needs will arrive next year after the SDK is out.
    I was wondering how the battery life compares to the 680?
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I am in the process of deciding between the iPhone and the Treo. I guess this little test was tailor made for me! Thanks!
  8.    #28  
    I was wondering how the battery life compares to the 680?
    Hi Eguy! Well, both batteries are similar and for me, last a long time. I guess I'd have to say that the Treo 680 is better regarding battery life, only because I'm able to quickly swap out batteries and put in a fresh one instead of having to plug it in and recharge.
    Quote Originally Posted by pdaluver View Post
    Hi Eguy! Well, both batteries are similar and for me, last a long time. I guess I'd have to say that the Treo 680 is better regarding battery life, only because I'm able to quickly swap out batteries and put in a fresh one instead of having to plug it in and recharge.
    heh, that's a sneaky answer.

iphone has just under double the talk time of the 680 -- iphone has about 8 hrs. 680 has about 4.5.
    Quote Originally Posted by TimWilmath View Post
    I am in the process of deciding between the iPhone and the Treo. I guess this little test was tailor made for me! Thanks!
    I'll be re-reviewing the 680 over at phonedifferent next week if you want the flip side of the coin.
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Overthrow View Post
    I'll be re-reviewing the 680 over at phonedifferent next week if you want the flip side of the coin.
    It will be interesting to hear the results of the opposite switch!

If nothing else, this Round Robin is showing that usability is not an easy thing to quantify.
    As an iPhone owner, I got to warn peopple who plan to use it as his only phone....it's just not loud enough! I had many times I had to tell the person on the phone, "hold on, let me change the phone." and switch to the Treo. The prepaid account on my iPhone cost less for me to use but its just not loud enough outside.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    If the iphone gets a full suite of applications, it'll be a great device sadly limited by Apple's choice of carrier and lack of 3g speeds. those r issues will keep me from buying one.
    Agreed.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12