Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    The Palm OS is so old it can't recognize your newer sim. You're going to need a sim from your provider dating back to the late 90's.
    Umm i'm actually having trouble with figuring out if you were serious or this was sarcasm lmao!!
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Did the SIM card ever match up?
    Yeah, how can we figure out it Kevin likes the Treo 680 unless he's gotten it unlocked...
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins

Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Caf View Post
    Ah, yes that would be the first thing to learn, Palm OS Treo's are never really "off" unless you pull the battery out. The screen will turn off if you briefly hit red button, but push and hold the red button and all you'll do is either turn on the radio or turn off the radio. It will never turn "off" the actual treo, it will always quickly turn on the screen when you hit a button to launch and application, phone, or go to the home screen.
    Oh, also, just to mention, you won't loose any data if you run out of battery. The Treo stores everything and actively uses NVRAM. So no lost 3rd party apps, no lost contacts, no lost documents. Maybe this is obvious, but having just read your WM Tilt initial impressions article that the Tilt scared you with warning of lost data if you don't save what you are doing before your battery dies.
    hahaha - wonder if he's gotten it fixed yet?
    ASUS A8Jp • XBOX360 Elite • NDS Lite & R4DS • Kodak Z712 IS • Creative ZEN 8GB • Palm Centro

Current MP Games: Team Fortress 2 (PC), Halo 3 (360)

He is gone away for the weekend, presumably with out his blackberry so we won't know until monday.
    Good luck CrackBerry Kevin! These Treo guys and gals can help you out with any problem so you're in great hands! I've learned a lot on these forums!

And your CrackBerry forums look like they're filled with a bunch of very nice and helpful folks too! I'll be needing their help soon with the Curve!
  8.    #28  
    "The SIM Lock has NOT been removed from this phone."

Unlock code came in, I entered it...and that's the message I've gotten (tried twice then stopped there). I'm obviously entering it right or else I don't think a message would pop up at all.

I'm playing with the phone anyways..getting to know the OS, etc. Will get another Treo 680 tomorrow that's hopefully unlocked and will work properly so I can really get to know it intimately.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackBerry Kevin View Post
    "The SIM Lock has NOT been removed from this phone."

Unlock code came in, I entered it...and that's the message I've gotten (tried twice then stopped there). I'm obviously entering it right or else I don't think a message would pop up at all.

I'm playing with the phone anyways..getting to know the OS, etc. Will get another Treo 680 tomorrow that's hopefully unlocked and will work properly so I can really get to know it intimately.
    That's a bummer, not being able to use the device as your phone to give it as much time as you were meant to. Oh well you're not missing too much IMO
    Even though in some peoples mind less time may be a good thing..lol... it still would be great to see a full on review of the device, but, I'm sure kevin will give it all he got for however many days he will have left remaining with the device...I been waiting for the BB-Treo comparison, due to the fact I know how I feel about them, just want to see if that is in line with other BB users as well.
    Being that Kevin has not been able to use the 680 as a phone/email device, will he get more time to experiment? One week is very short time anyway and he will only have a couple of days.
    jb
    Blackberry Curve 8310
    A bit late to the Power problem, but as he has figured out, press AND HOLD the red Phone button and it will turn on the cellular/radio. Do it again and it will turn off the cellular/radio.

There's lots of sim-unlocking services over at Howardforums. I'm sure one of them can help Kevin get it unlocked.

It would be interesting to hear a BB user's point of view of the 680, if he gets it working.

Oh, one more thing, make sure Kevin installs the camera battery drain update so that he doesn't complain about the horrible battery life once he turns on the camera. Once the camera has been launched, you will notice the battery shooting down within hours, even if you turn it off. Crazy but this update will fix it.
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws
    any updates on the sim issue crackberry kevin? I hope you work that out soon, I really would like to hear (rather read) the opinion of a Blackberry power user on the Treo
    Palm 105--->Samsung i-300--->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 300 (still has the best keyboard)-->Treo 755p-->Palm PRE-->Treo 680(unlocked by me)--->iPhone 3G---->iPhone 4---->Hp Pre3
    hope he got it unmlocked - i'm looking forward to hearing his review, and comparing to our Treo Gal's reveiw of the BB
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
  15.    #35  
    Need Help!

So I'm trying to get BlackBerry Connect set up here. I did use VersaMail first and added my gmail account it. Pretty painful. The pop3 is slow (it timed out), the messages that were getting displayed were from monttths ago (none of the newest messages seemed to get to the phone).

Trying to Get BlackBerry Connect setup. I downloaded it, installed it, and am trying to get set up per the instructions below. I seem to be stuck though... i When I try to "Register Now", it won't let me as it says "Error: BlackBerry Service Suspended". When I try to Start Service, it won't let me as "Service cannot be restarted because there are no Service Books on your device". When I go to the Service Books panel, it's empty.

Is this a function of being on Rogers then and not on AT&T? Within the Information tab within the BBC panel on the Treo I found a device pin. I logged into my Rogers BIS account in hopes of adding this Pin, but when I entered the PIN and the Treo's IMEI it couldn't find the device on the network (which makes sense as the Treo wasn't letting me register it).

So to sum up, I am:
    - using an unlocked Treo 680 on Rogers in Canada
    - have a BlackBerry BIS account
    - have installed BlackBerry Connect onto the Treo

What do I have to do to get set up? Can I get the service books onto the Treo somehow?

THANKS!

Quote Originally Posted by Bla1ze View Post
    Setting Up BlackBerry Connect On Treo 680

Posted cause I know Kevin will need it lol, sorry it wasn't a direct post Kev, but it contains to many pics to post in the forums.
    Kevin Michaluk
    Community Editor, CrackBerry.com
  16.    #36  
    OH..by the way. first unlocked treo wouldn't work..tried reunlocking it and no luck. Received another unlocked Treo and this one accepted my Rogers SIM all goood. I'm in Treo business now!
    Kevin Michaluk
    Community Editor, CrackBerry.com
    You have answered my question that I have been wondering from the beginning of the Round Robin. The 680 Blackberry Connect doesn't work with BIS. I have been doing lots of reading on this on blackberry sites and the sorts and everything I read says BC and a BES. See below:

With PDA Connect for BlackBerry® Connect, email messages are automatically delivered to your Nokia E62 or Palm® Treo™ 680 device. You can easily send, receive and reply to emails and calendaring at your convenience. Customers can use BlackBerry® Connect on the Treo™ 680 and the Nokia E62 to access corporate email on the BlackBerry® Enterprise Server (BES); the Nokia E62 also supports BlackBerry® Internet Service (BIS) for access to personal (ISP) email accounts.
    This is from ATT website. Maybe a US thing but maybe not. So if you get it working and prove me wrong, it will be even better.

Good Luck
    jb
    Blackberry Curve 8310
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackBerry Kevin View Post
    OH..by the way. first unlocked treo wouldn't work..tried reunlocking it and no luck. Received another unlocked Treo and this one accepted my Rogers SIM all goood. I'm in Treo business now!
    Yay! Much more fun with a SIM that works!
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    If your email can use IMAP (like Gmail now can), and you are going to compare the Treo to the blackberry, you have to get Chattermail. Versamail is mediocre. Used with IMAP, Chattermail is actually better than the blackberry's email in most ways since it is a full featured IMAP client.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    The Palm OS is so old it can't recognize your newer sim. You're going to need a sim from your provider dating back to the late 90's.

Hilarious!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast