Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    How does a Treo 680 user like using the iPhone as a phone? I imagine that it can get kinda old after a while to not have one-button access to speed dials. Voice dialing would obviate this discrepancy for the most part, but iPhone can't do that either.
  2.    #22  
    I made some calls late this afternoon and I have to say that I was suprised at the clarity of the person's voice on the other end. My husband calls me everyday from his Treo 650 on his way to work to let me know that he arrived safely. Many times when he calls, and he always calls my Treo, there is so much static and I can hardly hear what he's saying. But today, I could hear him very loud and clear and I was really impressed.

I like the dial pad . It' nice and big and readable. The back button in the bottom right corner is nice too. I also like the tabs at the bottom like Favorites, Recents, Contacts, and Voicemail. I appreciate the speaker phone too.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    For some reason, over the past week or so, I've developed a really bad case of iPhone envy. I'm a WinMo guy, but have used PalmOS when I owned a Treo 650 (and waaaay back in my Handspring Visor Deluxe days!)

Something about the iPhone's large screen and ease of navigation really appeal. I took a long hard look at what I use my HTC Touch for, and it boils down to PIM, Email, Web browsing (I don't sync with an exchange server).

And for those three things.... The iPhone looks like the ticket.
    Quote Originally Posted by dreadpiratedoug View Post
    While I agree that there's a lot that needs to be changed on it - having different carriers would be the first step. They want everyone to have one, don't restrict it to AT&Nazi. I seriously dislike Apple's products - but the iPhone itself is a nice product - once they "open" it up, it will be even better. But it is a device that needs integrated GPS - get rid of the Wifi if they come over to Sprint ...
    After having service from all 4 major carriers, AT&T has been the best for me. Best customer service (I'm a business customer so maybe that's why), best reception in teh places I go to (Verizon and Sprint both have issues at my Alma Mater and in my current office building, T-Mobile doesn't even work in half of my client's offices), best selection of phones, and overall, better experiences for me.

But I do agree, the iPhone should be available on at least two different carriers. I bet when the Gphone comes out, it'll be available on all 4 carriers eventually.
    Last edited by gadgetluva; 11/01/2007 at 03:05 PM.
    I've only played with the iPhone a couple of times in the Apple store, but one of the things that annoyed me was always having to go back to the "home" screen to launch a new program. I guess it goes back to only having 1 hardware button, but I really like how, on my treo, I can go from an e-mail to a calendar appt to a text message--all by using the hard keys. Do you miss that on the iPhone at all?
  6.    #26  
    I finally got Outlook working again after not having used it for probably a couple of years. I've been trying to get the iPhone to sync Calendar and Contacts with my Outlook. I finally got it to sync the Contacts but still haven't had any luck with the Calendar. Could it be becausing I'm using Outlook 2002? I updated my Office XP to service Pack 3. Whenever the iPhone is connected to iTunes, under the Info tab, it says, "No supported calendar application can be found."

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12