Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This is an Official Round Robin Contest Thread

...What what? Go take a look, everybody, it starts for real tomorrow. I just needed a placeholder here so I could start the linking on the site.

The Smartphone Round Robin
    Last edited by Dieter Bohn; 10/28/2007 at 07:06 PM.
    Alright. I can't wait to have a 755p and a world phone ....hmmmm, which one do I want. Oh, I'm so confussed.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    If we win... do we get our choice of smartphones that actually now exist... or our choice of anything we can dream up? Now that would be a contest!!

"Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Or if we win, we get one of each!!!! Now that'd be a round robin, roy, right round! lol
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by duanedude1 View Post
    If we win... do we get our choice of smartphones that actually now exist... or our choice of anything we can dream up? Now that would be a contest!!

heh - "coupon for one free smartphone, redeemable when the perfect one arrives."

No, sorry, the smartphone actually needs to *exist* today. :-)
    What would really be sweet would be to win one that you HOPE comes to your provider. i.e. - I really want a Centro, but it's not on AT&T yet.

I'm more interested in seeing what the editors think about the smartphones they swap to. I love Palm OS, and have fiddled with Windows Mobile, but I'm curious to see what the other half thinks...
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins

Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix
    Quote Originally Posted by septimus View Post
    heh - "coupon for one free smartphone, redeemable when the perfect one arrives."

No, sorry, the smartphone actually needs to *exist* today. :-)
    That rules out Treo's then huh?
    Damn .... no 800w?

Oh well...
    Treo Lineage: 600 -> 650p -> 700p -> 755p -> 700wx
    Currently Using: 700wx | 800w | Moto Q9c | Mogul

Exchange 2003 ActiveSync WM5.0: 2068 Users
    Exchange 2007 ActiveSync WM6.0: 50 Users
    Exchange 2007 ActiveSync WM6.1: 2 Users
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Sounds fun.
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Very nice -- I was hoping some contests would pop up on this forum. Now to get my wife that ruby red centro . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr View Post
    Very nice -- I was hoping some contests would pop up on this forum. Now to get my wife that ruby red centro . . .
    not if I beat you to it..hehe...shooot..I finally got here to like my treo...she is now loving the idea of a phone that can give her maps, hold her medical apps and text like crazy...hehe
    Palm 105--->Samsung i-300--->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 300 (still has the best keyboard)-->Treo 755p-->Palm PRE-->Treo 680(unlocked by me)--->iPhone 3G---->iPhone 4---->Hp Pre3
    As much as I like my Centro - if I were to win, I'd snag up a Touch and pass my Centro on to my fiancee! Here's to a Touch!
    ASUS A8Jp XBOX360 Elite NDS Lite & R4DS Kodak Z712 IS Creative ZEN 8GB Palm Centro

Current MP Games: Team Fortress 2 (PC), Halo 3 (360)

Quote Originally Posted by dreadpiratedoug View Post
    As much as I like my Centro - if I were to win, I'd snag up a Touch and pass my Centro on to my fiancee! Here's to a Touch!

Even over the Q9c?

That device looks HOT.

Quote Originally Posted by jrinehart View Post
    Even over the Q9c?

That device looks HOT.
    I had a first gen Q and it really put me off of Motorola smart-devices.
    ASUS A8Jp XBOX360 Elite NDS Lite & R4DS Kodak Z712 IS Creative ZEN 8GB Palm Centro

Current MP Games: Team Fortress 2 (PC), Halo 3 (360)

I really prefer the P OS, but a chance to try something new for free would be hard to pass up. If I win, how much time do I get to decide?
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jrinehart View Post
    Damn .... no 800w?

Oh well...
    The 800W does exist today. People have held them in their hands. If I am not mistaken you were one of them?? It just hasn't been released yet. The question is how long is the cupon good for and is it carrier specific?

There may be hope for your 800W.
    Last edited by Jas O; 10/29/2007 at 02:59 PM.
    I wouldn't mind getting an 8 gig iPhone to replace my 4 gig. Or maybe a Treo 680.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jas O View Post
    The 800W does exist today. People have held them in their hands. If I am not mistaken you were one of them?? It just hasn't been released yet. The question is how long is the cupon good for and is it carrier specific?

There may be hope for your 800W.
    Unfortunately I have not held one Just seen pictures

Good questions on expiration date and carrier. Would like to know that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dreadpiratedoug View Post
    I had a first gen Q and it really put me off of Motorola smart-devices.
    But the 9m is sooooo nice.
    I've had the Treo 680 for a year now. It would be good to try a Blackberry or a Centro.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast