Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Originally posted by GSR13
    ****-Richardson:

Actually, I thought it was kinda funny as well. Of course, I actually saw the "j/k" and got what you were referring to.

Unfortunately, there seems to be a cut throat attitude on Boards lately that rip people up for any little thing. You almost have to type on eggshells to keep from upsetting some people. Very sad, considering I get some of the most useful information straight off the Boards.
    ****-Richardson, GSR13, I didn't mean anything bad or taken offense by the D-R's comment, I saw the "j/k" also. I just thought that I might have missed a previous discussion regarding the topic. My bad.

Anyway, looking back..it was kinda funny following Brad's comment.
    Fat's
    Slot_Machine:

Thanks for the info. I am only minutes from the Best Buy in Alpharetta (I work on Windward). I may head over in a bit and see if they have any on display.

****-Richardson:

Actually, I thought it was kinda funny as well. Of course, I actually saw the "j/k" and got what you were referring to.

Unfortunately, there seems to be a cut throat attitude on Boards lately that rip people up for any little thing. You almost have to type on eggshells to keep from upsetting some people. Very sad, considering I get some of the most useful information straight off the Boards.

**I know I have less than a 100 posts, but please PUT THE STONES DOWN. I WILL NEVER GET OUT OF LINE AGAIN...**
    You might want to call first. The Best Buy on LaVista road still has loose PDAs that you can actually hold. I got the guy to let me put in the Mem stick and played the movies on it.

Of note: If you buy a 3yr service plan for $60, you can apply full credit from the PDA you buy today towards a new future PDA.

The form-factor is PERFECT. Once again, instead of repeating accoloades that others have posted, I'll just leave you with one word:

****-AH!!!!! (butter!)
    "That IS a Palm III form-factor in my pocket, AND I'm happy to see you...."
    Wooohooo, CompUSA out here in NY, starts selling the Clie 710 next week.

*salivating*

I can't wait to have my Prism and the 710 duke it out for my affections. (similar to a Pokemon battle)

Prism!! use your 16bit color

710, defend with your hi-res 320x320 screen

Prism, sonic attack with MP3 playerSpringboard

710, beat it to the punch with built in audio playback

yada yada yada . . .

Then the winner can romp all over the M505.
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.
  4. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Fat_Man

1. the Memory Stick Duo: they are smaller than SD cards
    I wonder if you could leave the adapter in the Clie's MS slot. If not, then it doesn't help you much that they are smaller, since you have to carry some (larger) adapters anyway.
    Just got back from Best Buy in Alpharetta. They had four Clie's. Three were sold and one was on hold for someone. None of them on display.

"BEGIN SARCASM" Can you believe that? They would rather sell them than put them on display for me to drool over. Absurd. "END SARCASM"

I did get to look at the box for the one on hold (lot of good that did).

However, I finally got see the M505 in person. I got to turn it on and touch it and see it side by side with a Prism. While it was not as bright as the Prism, I was NOT disappointed in the screen. Of course, after all the negative things I have heard I expected to hate it. When I powered it on it looked pretty dim, but once I turned the sidelight on it really looked very good to me. Considering the overall form factor and sleekness of the chassis, I would consider upgrading. I really love my Prism/MemPlug/Stowaway combination, but I would love being able to see the screen outdoors.

I guess I will just have to wait for the next generation color device from HandSpring.
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
    I did get to look at the box for the one on hold (lot of good that did).
    Don't forget about LaVista Rd
    Originally posted by ****-richardson

This has already been posted before. Jeez! Try a search before you post.

j/k Thanks for the clarification. So, as far as you can tell, the 710 should be able to support 16-bit color with an optimized OS, right?
    JEEZ, don't do that to me early in the morning. In the three seconds that it took to realize that you were joking, I did about four mental double-takes (Where?, When?, Who? & How did I miss it?).

I think my brain has whiplash.

Yes all the available info says that Sony can support 64K color with an OS update (that's not to say that they will).

Sorry if I got a little technical. I tried not to, but it is a technical subject.

Slot_Machine - Yes a programmer can get to the hardware directly. AFIK this will be the only way to get to the hardware cursor. I don't have time right now, but I would love to see a 64K color picture viewer at 320x320.
  8. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    Originally posted by bradhaak
    Slot_Machine - Yes a programmer can get to the hardware directly. AFIK this will be the only way to get to the hardware cursor. I don't have time right now, but I would love to see a 64K color picture viewer at 320x320.
    To quote Homer Simpson: "mmmm...64K color at 320x320 resolution...(drool)"
    Originally posted by bradhaak

JEEZ, don't do that to me early in the morning. In the three seconds that it took to realize that you were joking, I did about four mental double-takes (Where?, When?, Who? & How did I miss it?).

I think my brain has whiplash.

Yes all the available info says that Sony can support 64K color with an OS update (that's not to say that they will).

Sorry if I got a little technical. I tried not to, but it is a technical subject.

I'm anxious to know what CLIE programs will look like in 6 mos!!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123