Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    I am on the fence.
    They are very different devices. One reminds me of a Mac truck and the other a sports car. Obviously if you need one the other can't substitute.

Surur
    The touch rely's on the WM on screen key board. Pass.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc_rock View Post
    The touch rely's on the WM on screen key board. Pass.
    PocketCM Keyboard, a free on-screen keyboard from pocketcm.com resolves these issues.
    Sprint's Touch is supposed to have a much faster CPU than the previous HTC release.

Definately considering it, but I am not sure I would like giving up the hard keyboard.

Son has an old 6700 with bad bluetooth. Who knows, maybe after the Touch is available I will be able to trade the 6700 in for the Touch as an insurance replacement.
    Quote Originally Posted by dgoodisi View Post
    PocketCM Keyboard, a free on-screen keyboard from pocketcm.com resolves these issues.
    Its qwerty or nothing for me. On screen keyboards are not an option.
    It's not even on my RADAR.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    An always exposed keyboard is not just for text entry, but also for navigation. Its quicker to press a few keys than touching the screen all over the place.

Surur
    Well, I already jumped last January and got a Q. I am not sure if I can live w/o a keyboard but I am probably going to try one out anyway. I tried out a Mogul for a few weeks and determined that it was not for me - I have gotten used to the size of the Q and the Mogul was too big. The Touch is very sweet looking - and I will have to try it with the 2-3 different kb options that are out there. I am also looking forward to seeing the Q9c at Sprint too.
    I can't give up the qwerty. I'm too attached to it. The Touch is nice, but I'll never have a device again without a tactile keyboard, and I don't think I'll even go to a slide-out device like the Mogul, no matter how fantastic - I had a 6700 and hated always sliding that thing back and forth.
    END OF LINE
    I was originally on the fence because of the lack of a physical keyboard. However, after trying out the new Touchpal keyboard on my wife's Mogul I will definitely be jumping ship when the touch comes out. That says a lot because I've been with Treo's since the 300 came out.
  12. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    I'll prob give it a try just because of the better screen, increased RAM (I actually have to see if its better that the 700wx WITH MY OWN EYES 1st) , & the decrease in overall size.
    I'll have to try one of those on-screen keyboards since everyone is clamoring about them.

It's going to be difficult to not have a new Treo at the end of the year - again.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    I'm going to give it the ol' "30 day trial", just for kicks.

This is what I'm going to try first: If I can get to any number in my contact list and dial with < 5 taps/swipes/d-pads/whatever, then it can potentially replace my Treo.

That's why I use a Treo: Phone 1.0, PDA .9 (-.1 for screen size)

I hated the 6700 as a phone

Next trial will be the Treo 800w...
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I'm on the fence too. A couple of months back I would have jumped in a heartbeat. Now...I'm getting quite comfortable with the keyboard and d-pad nav. I rarely pull the stylus out these days. Not sure the touch is all it's...um...cracked...up to be.
    Pilot 1000>Palm Pilot>Palm IIIx>Visor Prism>Toshiba e310>Toshiba e740>PPC-6700>Treo 700wx
    <a href="http://www.xianfox.com">xianfox.com</a>
    Maybe, if the Touch Dual were available. But even it doesn't have a full QWERTY keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by storyr View Post
    I'm going to give it the ol' "30 day trial", just for kicks.

This is what I'm going to try first: If I can get to any number in my contact list and dial with < 5 taps/swipes/d-pads/whatever, then it can potentially replace my Treo.

That's why I use a Treo: Phone 1.0, PDA .9 (-.1 for screen size)

I hated the 6700 as a phone

Next trial will be the Treo 800w...
    I may give this Samsung I760 a shot. Available tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deltaflyer View Post
    Maybe, if the Touch Dual were available. But even it doesn't have a full QWERTY keyboard.
    Same here. The Dual looks like a nice compromise between a Treo device and the Touch.

I'm sure it'll be fun to play with, but I can't switch.

Of course I just picked up the Centro to play with too, lol.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I may jump for the Tilt, not the touch!
    I can not give up my QWERTY, must have the QWERTY.

I will be switching to the HP Ipaq 900 unless the Treo 800w shows itself anytime soon.

Regards
    graylion
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast