Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    IE does not reneder some simple web sites properly, but WM5 IE does. Also, the email (pocket outlook) is less configurable than WM5, and actually does not work with one of my key accounts. I may have to send the Touch back if I cannot resolve.
    One of my email accounts has never worked well with either WM5 or even on Palm OS's Chatter for that matter. So I forward its email to a free carrier like AIM because they support free push IMAP (actually, now I do Mail2Web to have the contacts synced, etc). As for web, give Opera Mini a try for the screwy sites.
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    One of my email accounts has never worked well with either WM5 or even on Palm OS's Chatter for that matter. So I forward its email to a free carrier like AIM because they support free push IMAP (actually, now I do Mail2Web to have the contacts synced, etc). As for web, give Opera Mini a try for the screwy sites.
    This account works fine on WM5, and any other client, so it's something with WM6. Really odd. It's a critical account, so either it's bye-bye Touch or (maybe) another ISP.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    i'm off and got a tilt.. never been happyer
    Quote Originally Posted by kash View Post
    i'm off and got a tilt.. never been happyer
    you never had a treo
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleu View Post
    you never had a treo
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    you guys that have a Touch - come back and talk a bit. I tried one out in the store today. LOVE the size and the screen, but that T9 kb was not working too well for me. I realize that with anything new, practice makes perfect, but was wondering how those that have had it for a couple of weeks are getting along w/o a "real" kb.
    ok... I have been using the Touch for a few weeks. Yes, the virtual keyboard takes some getting used to, but you juat need to find one that works for you.

But the form facror and performance are worth it.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    I like the Touch very much. The Touch Full Screen keyboard is not the issue folks make it out to be. At first I started using the SBP Full Screen keyboard along with every other new keyboard app that came out. But as of late I’ve been using the Touch Full Screen and once I figured press once for the left letter, twice for the right letter and press and hold for the number well it has just came to be second nature. I can type just as well as I did on the 650. But the size, I can’t get over how small and sleek it is, and the style is beauty through simplicity. I play around with my wife’s Centro an then tell myself I could never go back to Palm. You cannot get the full impact of the phone in the store, after two weeks you’ll never look back. Every feature and application looks and feels better in Windows OS. I know the POS truest will say are you nuts. Well I guess I am. Drag you finger up the screen and see the Touch Cube, swipe again to your contacts and make your call. Or hit the contact soft key and flip through the contact list as it auto scrolls tap your contact and its there. Slick and smooth, luv it
    thanks - one more - how's the actual call quality? I have a Q and it functions as my primary phone. The call quality on the Q is great, IMO. The Mogul was OK, I could have lived with it, but the Q's is so much better. I am thinking about the Touch or the new Q9c, but I have to have a good phone first.
    Just bought mine today! Fell in love with it after playing with it on two sepparate occasions at the Sprint Store. Size and weight are deffinite selling points for me not to mention the screen that is flush with the phone bezel. Someone finally got a clue and designed it correctly!

I Will be configuring it tomorrow. I'm currently using a Treo 700WX with Sprint so I bought the Sprint Touch CDMA Version. I do exchange sync at work and also sync with 2 other email accounts and do moderate surfing and multimedia. I'll have to report back with my review in about a week in case anyone is wondering how I think it compares to my Treo 700WX. Can't wait to get it!

Hate to say it but I think the days of the Treo are limited. Other phones are coming out that are smaller, faster, more reliable, etc. for the same price or less. I've been a Treo user since the 300 so this will be a big change for me. I think a change for the better though...I hope
    I'm thinking about getting a Touch but I still have concerns. I've been a long-time Palm OS user who's dabbled with WM devices throughout the years and most recently had a brief fling with the Mogul (I returned it). Prior to the Mogul I had written a virtual thumbboard app for Palm OS and was sold on the idea of a large touchscreen finger-friendly device before the iPhone came out. So with the Mogul, I found myself installing various iPhone-clone apps. I didn't like the feel of the Mogul's keyboard at all and actually found that the SPB virtual keyboard might be slightly preferable, but it had some significant shortcomings and the Mogul's small screen and bezel made it a less-than-ideal experience.

With the Touch, the screen's the same too-small 2.8" size (I'd love a 3.5" or bigger, VGA or better screen), but I suspect that the lack of a bezel should make a virtual keyboard work better, as you'd be able to more easily tap on the pixels at the farthest edges of the screen. If I do decide to buy one, I'll likely be looking to create a WM port of my thumbboard app.

Some of the things that still concern me:
    1) Lack of dedicated mute switch.
    2) WM sluggishness compared to iPhone.
    3) WM lack of thumb-friendliness in most apps (but I guess that gives me a market to sell new software apps too, so perhaps this is a good thing).
    4) Screen visability in direct sunlight (not sure if this is a problem or not, but the Mogul was bad and I believe surur has stated here that the GSM Touch didn't do so well). I'd like to be able to use the TomTom software I already own and have the Touch be an all-in-one in-car MP3/GPS (and ideally speakerphone) solution.
    5) Browser kinda sucks (certainly compared to the iPhone's).
    6) Lack of WiFi makes me sad. I don't know that I *need* it, but having it would allow for some interesting usage ideas, especially as a developer (e.g., controlling my Media Center computer's MP3 playback from any room).

The fact that it's $500 (I'm currently locked in on my contract) makes it a non-impulse buy, so I've got to mull it over some more.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    dudrsnacks likes this.
    anyone know when the touch cruise will be out?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
    anyone know when the touch cruise will be out?
    I heard its delayed to late January. There is a group buy being organized over at Howard Forums.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    you guys that have a Touch - come back and talk a bit. I tried one out in the store today. LOVE the size and the screen, but that T9 kb was not working too well for me. I realize that with anything new, practice makes perfect, but was wondering how those that have had it for a couple of weeks are getting along w/o a "real" kb.
    I downloaded touchpal and I've never looked back. I'm texting as fast (probably faster with word recognition) as I did on my 755p. If the keyboard is your issue, there are several downloadables that will suit your fancy.
    Blackberry 7520 (Nextel)> Palm 700p (Sprint)> Burgundy Palm 755p (Sprint w/sero)> HTC Touch (Sprint w/sero) Apps include: Touchpal, HTC Home Customizer, TCMCP
    I want to correct my previous post...email works just fine...must have been operator error.

Love the Touch and Tengo Thumb.
    Someone asked about call quality...it is pretty good.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Just ordered a Touch.....had to make the move.....I am so done with my Treo 700p......its time for a change
    "Yet each man kills the thing he loves, from all let this be heard. Some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word. The coward does it with a kiss the brave man with the sword."
    -- Oscar Wilde
    The Touch of great. Once you adjust to a virtual keyboard, and in your case, Windows Mobile, you will be happy.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    When you get your touch may I suggest this link.
    http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/htc-t...ing-icube.html

The icube is a modification of the standard cube which is default with the Touch.

I think you made the right choice. Now that I’ve been touched for two months. I‘ve finally got use to the touch screen keyboard. You will love the size and speed.
    so i had a Q and switched to the touch and honestly i love the touch waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better, and as for texting.. i text at least 5000 times a month an when i grabbed the touch i texted just as fast if not faster than i did on my Q, an dont give me any nonsense saying "well you mus not be that fast at texting" because it really was simple for me.. htc did a great job, also if you wanted to boost your texting speed then you can download a threaded text download for free that will help out even moreso.. i kinda feel like the treo users that wont even pick up the touch and try it out are possibly missing out on a better experience, the touch flies!
    i hate idiots... seriously
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast