Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I switched from YEARS, and YEARS of Palm and Treo use to a Blackberry a aliittle over a year ago, and other than occasionally missing the touch screen, I have to say I now love the Blackberry hands down, and I have NVER had the frustrations with my Blackberry that I ever had with any of my Treos.

I am looking forward to the BlackBerry Bold coming out in a few eeks, which will have WiFi, and Threaded SMS, as well as a whole slew of features along with the email and Roack-Solid BlackBerry reliability I have come to know over that last year.

Goodbye frustrations...hello BlackBerry!!!

I do miss coming to this forum all the time though!!!
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
    Quote Originally Posted by MattM2G View Post

Goodbye frustrations...hello BlackBerry!!!
    I troll here mostly these days w/o logging in but I gotta say that's a helluva slogan I agree with 100%! Me as well as Perry,Q and well many others have switched to other devices. My blood pressure dropped tremendously when I switched over from my 700p to my 8830.
    Greatest Treo Call Bug EVER!
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ncc1701p View Post
    I troll here mostly these days w/o logging in but I gotta say that's a helluva slogan I agree with 100%! Me as well as Perry,Q and well many others have switched to other devices. My blood pressure dropped tremendously when I switched over from my 700p to my 8830.
    I know what you mean as the other day my phone reset as a call from a client came in. So frustrating! My 755p is pretty stable as long as I keep most 3rd party apps off of it. Takephone, Datebk6, Daynotez, Bonsai, Kinoma and TCPMP all get along nicely. As soon as I add something else, I have problems. So I am waiting for either the 800 Pro or the new Palm OS version (Nova) but I will probably not wait more than a few months unless something is announced as coming to Sprint. In the mean time I keep looking at the BB Curve.
    I started with the Palm Pilot Professional, had the 300, 600, 680 before I gave up on Palm. I left for the iPhone and I haven't looked back. There was no question, in their day Palm was the king. I still have tons of Palm stock that I will eventually sell - when I need a capital loss. But they've missed the boat so many times it hurts.

Dunc
    I have a blackberry at work and I can't stand it. Typing sucks it has the worst browser I have ever seen. Only thing goo about the blackberry is the email. Otherwise I would throw it in the trash.
    Typing sucks on a blackberry? That's like, an oxymoron...
    Well the pearl keyboard isnt great even with the predictive text. The curves keyboard is fantastic though.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

The Pearl worked for me but then I have girly hands, LOL! If you have larger fingers, I'd say the Curve or the new Bold would be better.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Anyone using a bluetooth keyboard for the curve? Any recommendations? I'm thinking the freedom but I don't want to shell out the cash unless someone here has one and it works with no bugs.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

I dont understand why so many young people have BB phones. I can understand they being "in" now but does that justify paying $30+ a month using the BB services? Also how many of these people actually take full advantage of those features?
  11. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wizziko View Post
    I dont understand why so many young people have BB phones. I can understand they being "in" now but does that justify paying $30+ a month using the BB services? Also how many of these people actually take full advantage of those features?
    Sprint makes it easier to own a BB because they include BIS in their SimplyEverythingPlan.
    no, i've never gone back, have tried other Blackberries and will continue to do so with the release of the Bold (and others). they are perfect for what i need (email/bloomberg) and come in a sleek and truly pocketable form which i like as well.

i like 'em better, simple as that. i definitely don't miss the bulk, nor the resets.
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    Where'd YOU disappear to?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by wizziko View Post
    I don't think it has to do with being "in" but more has to do with the BBM and PIN which is instant messaging with other BBers without paying extra fees or buying a 3rd party IM program and of course, its legendary keyboard.

My first smartphone was the Treo 650 when Sprint came out with it, and then moved on to the 700W and then eventually, the last one which was 750. I liked the form factor but just couldn't stand winmo and the instability of the 650.

Tried out the 8700 only as email on Tmo while still using 750. When the 8800 came out, I dropped Palm completely and never looked back. Went from 8800 to the 8310, 8820 and eventually the Bold being the best smartphone I have ever used and will stick with RIM for the forseeable future. So no, I won't be going back.

Yes, every device is evolutionary, but so is every single device out there. Everything on the BB is just so simple and easy without going through multi steps. And the security features is really second to none.
    I'm about to drop my Centro for a Curve in a week or so. I'm so tired of Palm's very out dated OS, and no real Java.

My first smartphone was a BlackBerry 7290. I had it for two years (and continue to use it as a phone-only device with no data plan), using BIS. I never had any problems with it. However, there is an IE-only webapp that I need access to for work, and I thought it would be good to be able to use it from my handheld device as well. It never worked properly on the BlackBerry browser, but it does work on Pocket IE with the Treo. So I bought a Treo 800w, and I like it plenty. Lacking push e-mail stinks, and having to restart the device every couple days in order to keep the e-mail send/receive working properly is a pain, but nothing to freak out over. The convenience of Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional when all of your work is on Windows computers makes it worth it to me.

So, the answer to the key question is: yes, once you go BlackBerry, you can move on to another platform. But since I started with BlackBerry, I'm moving forward to Treo, not back.
    I am a long time palm user with lots of data. I am considering the BB Bold. I am worried about losing data with the transfer. I have some things entered in the wrong fields, (ie. I have my Mastercard number under first name, etc). Will this all transfer over ok? Thanks for your advice in advance.
    The BB phone book and calendar are far inferior to the Palm. You may not only loose data, but have trouble getting to the data that does come over.

BB
    that is very discouraging
    Guess I will wait for the new Palm OS next year and hope the old palm data works on it
    Quote Originally Posted by rcyphermd View Post
    that is very discouraging
    Guess I will wait for the new Palm OS next year and hope the old palm data works on it
    To be fair, there are some advantages to the BB: stability and size. However, if, like me, you have a large phone book (mine is 3,500 entries, many with extensive notes) and use the calendar heavily, I am sure you will be very disappointed in the BB as a PIM. Also there are a number of very useful apps for the POS that do not exist for the BB. I also find that the 755p is much better at the net and I can listen to streaming audio and watch many (but not all) streaming videos. I have not been able to do this on the BB, but maybe there is a way.

Good luck.

Blazor Boy (aka BB =/ blackberry!)
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast