Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    How can you call a start menu "finger friendly". That's ridiculous. Text-based long and narrow menu items are never "finger friendly".

There is a readon why both the iPhone and the PalmOS use the square shaped icon launchers. Becuase fingers are large fat and round.

I don't believe you can build a simple finger based interface on top of the wm foundation. but it doesn't matter either way. Even if they can do it, most people won't recognize it because it lack the "chic-ness" the iPhone and the Nokia phones have.

And I don't believe the traditional power users need the help of the finger interface. That photo viewer for example, its a perfect example of simply app that you only need the 5-way to control, there is no need of the touch screen at all.
  2.    #22  
    Maybe "finger-friendlier" would be a better discription. The list is much wider than usual.

Surur
    Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post

Surur
    Doesn't it seem like they could get another 1/2" wide and at least 1" top to bottom additional screen realestate in this thing?

Maybe it would make the cost too high or there isn't enough room for the core components behind the screen... I don't know - it just looks like some wasted space on the front which could be occupied by a larger screen.

Oh well -maybe in their thrid realease - the HTC DUAL 3 or - the TRIO.

At any rate, I really like what I am seeing in this. I echo bloodycape77's desire to see this on CMDA (Sprint). I hope that they get this version and not one w/o the slider.
  4.    #24  
    Here's a good video showing some of the enhancements HTC made to the Touch Dual.

http://www.theunwired.net/media/vide...ouchFLO_II.flv

http://www.theunwired.net/?item=vide...lo-walkthrough

The device looks incredibly slick. I just bought a Kaiser 1 week ago, and I am already salivating ...

Surur
    Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    Man. This thing really has my attention.

Keep up the good work Surur. I want to continue learning more about this device.

I hope Sprint gets this.
    Last edited by Dim-Ize; 10/09/2007 at 09:55 PM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12