1.    #1  
    Well, I just saw the clie' at Fry's(yeah, I hate them too, but HAD to get the new Dance Dance Revolution w/2 dance pads for my son's birthday.)

!Wow! is what immediately came to mind.
    I did not want to love it.
    I detest the memstik.
    But, ....oh the form factor slim, light, thin...
    graffiti recog is good on a screen HARDER than prism and BRIGHTER than the m505 next to it.
    I could never, never, never, get used to THAT.

I beamed vegas slots to the clie, and man, it looked good, but the best part in my first date was, the TEXT!
    I'm telling you, I almost came up with an excuse to buy it right then and there.
    But then, reason came to me, I detest the idea of the memstik.
    I don't want another mem solution.
    Maybe mmc, but that's it.
    I do not want to be 'brand' hogtied.

I can't wait to hear your comments when you see the new clie'
    "I cannot live without books." Thomas Jefferson
    Lucky. No Fry's where I live. Does anyone know if it's in any other retail chain.

Actually, I shouldn't go see it - my Prism is only seven months old. I can't justify buying a new PDA - can I? If only it had a SB slot.
    Damn. I knew I should have gone to Fry's today.
    Looks like the Clie N710C is out at some stores. "jeffeynboo" has an excellent first impression. So far the Clie sounds very promising.

http://discussion.brighthand.com/sho...5&pagenumber=1
    Fat's
    Originally posted by gbgood
    Ditto man! I love the Clie for it's Hi-Res reflective screen, and even more for it's Headphone Jack and MP3 capabilities but I hate it for it's Memorystick expansion. I would hate to sell all my SB's and buy New Mem stick stuff . Yeesh!

I guess I'll have to wait for Handsprings new baby. maybe a 320x320 reflective in an Edge form factor that can display 65,536 colours and a tiny expansion slot for Modules that don't increase the overall size!!
    <FONT face="verdana,arial,helvetica" size="1" >NetCaptor and Odigo Rule!<i></font>
    "The Internet is now on computers?"
    Homer Simpson
    Well, I have a prism now, and if I were to get a Sony (I do have other sony devices that use memory stick, so I don't mind) It would have to have a modem. Pretty much, I just want the ability to store and get email. So unless there is some memory stick modem thing out there, I don't think I'll get one soon.
    There is a modem sled...Makes more sense than a Modem Memory stick anyhow, seeing this way you can have both the Modem AND the extra memory.
    Matt Nichols
    VigoSpraxPalm@Yahoo.com
    Originally posted by gbgood
    Maybe mmc, but that's it.
    I do not want to be 'brand' hogtied.
    Every time I come close to being swayed by the Clié's screen and form factor, I remember the Memory Stick, which snaps me out of my spell. The cheapest 64mb MS I've come across is $81.12, with $11 shipping; a 64mb SM card (for use with the MemPlug) is $47.00, with free shipping. For any size, I have yet to see any MS that comes close to $1 per megabyte, where CF and SM cards, more often than not, are under $1/MB. And I remain skeptical of Sony's ability to produce affordable I/O MS modules, even though it's technically feasible.

It's interesting that people once complained about the proprietary nature of the Springboard slot, even though the technology is being used for non-propriety memory solutions like CF, MMC and SM -- and possibly even MS. I'll stick to the Prism and keep my expansion options open.
  9.    #9  
    Every time I come close to being swayed by the Clié's screen and form factor, I remember the Memory Stick, which snaps me out of my spell.

I'm with you. I refuse to consider another, albeit even MORE proprietary, memory.

At least w/smc, cf, mmc choices, I'm not limited to brand.

Furthermore, I can't imagine the necessity for Sony's own media. Were they sitting around the conference table saying, "Well, we could use sm or cf or mmc or....Nah, let's just make our own."
    "I cannot live without books." Thomas Jefferson
    Originally posted by Matthew Nichols
    There is a modem sled...Makes more sense than a Modem Memory stick anyhow, seeing this way you can have both the Modem AND the extra memory.
    I'm there!!! Gonna get one that is!! It'll be a pal for my dlx and I'll sell my prism.
    anyone know if there are any clie<=>cellphone cables out yet? or if it uses the same connector as the old clie, any out there from before?