1.    #1  
    Retail: $449 for both

Lowest Street based on MySimon search:

@ shop4digital:
    Prism - $394.95
    m505 - $385.00 !!!!

I could go on, but the market has spoken!!!!
    Some thoughts:

• The lower price is unquestionably good for the consumer, but if Palm follows with an actual retail price drop, it's a bad harbinger. If the percentage of returns is anywhere near the rumors I've read, Palm is in big trouble
    • Anyone waiting for a tactical price drop in the Prism is going to be sorely disappointed, unless Sony can score a shot across the bow
    • Prices notwithstanding, the m505's screen just doesn't cut it. It's not horrible, but for $450, "not horrible" isn't a ringing endorsement
    • I debated whether to get the Prism or the m505 before the latter was released. I opted for the former and couldn't be more relieved. I also picked up an Eyemodule2 a week later, and have been having gigabytes of fun, reaffirming my faith in Springboard modules
    • Palm should look into the possiblity of taking the R&D for the m505 or IIIc and porting it to the m100 series. I could see a market for an 8-bit m105c that retails for $199. The m100-series market isn't as fussy as the V-series market, and would better appreciate the color upgrade, but only at a competitive price
    • Whatever the engineering wisdom is behind the universal connector, I'm lost on it, and can't imagine too many people feel differently. Compatibility with hundreds of existing accessories is a big selling point, not to be taken for granted
    • Where's Claudia Schiffer?
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by Gameboy70
    Where's Claudia Schiffer?
    [/B]
    LOL!!

Yeah I guess this means she's getting a teal-colored Prism this time around!!
    M505 is horrible. It should be cheaper than a Prism. Actually it shouldn't be on the market.
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.
    ... I also picked up an Eyemodule2 a week later, and have been having gigabytes of fun, reaffirming my faith in Springboard modules
    [OffTopic] Yeah, we've noticed the ever-changing avatars. Interesting pictures. I like it. [/OffTopic]
    All right, that's it: right here & now I'm offering free sex to Donna Dubinsky if she'll lower the price of the Prism (Jeff's not my type)! Okay, that was uncalled for, and Donna's not my type, either.
    But, unbelievably, Claudia Schiffer's STILL not returning my calls!
    (Let the record reflect, BTW, that it's 10:40pm on a Friday night, I'm still at work, w/nothing to do, and am bored out of my mind.)
    And EM2 still, rocks, rolls & rules, doesn't it?
    Claudia, I'd love to take some extra-special pix of you to demo my new EM2....
    "Great Spirits Have Always Encountered Violent Opposition From Mediocre Minds." -- Albert Einstein
    Originally posted by narnia_77
    Yeah, we've noticed the ever-changing avatars. Interesting pictures. I like it.
    Thanks. I just keep the EM in the Prism all the time. The avatar slot's a good place for a daily slice of life. Next month, I'll probably post a gallery of my greatest hits on eyebrowse. I keep thinking of new things to do with the EM. Wait 'til I get the Total Recall and MemPlug -- you ain't seen nothin' yet . . .

Thanks. I just keep the EM in the Prism all the time. The avatar slot's a good place for a daily slice of life. Next month, I'll probably post a gallery of my greatest hits on eyebrowse. I keep thinking of new things to do with the EM. Wait 'til I get the Total Recall and MemPlug -- you ain't seen nothin' yet . . .
    [POTTYHUMOR]
    Please tell me you were taking that lavatory shot standing up!
    [/POTTYHUMOR]
  9.    #9  
    Clever shot GB! Ah..you DID wash your hands before you posted right?
    Contrary to the above post I have chosen to give up my Prism in favor of the m505. The screen is not as bright as the Prism under ideal lighting conditions but under really bright indoor lights or outdoors (in a car) the m505 is spectacular. The other beauty of the m505 is the increased battery life that is rendered due to the decreased backlighting demands. Lastly, I have finally found a PDA that fits comfortably in my pockets without worry that flimsy outer casing will crack or lead to screen damage. The m505 is built with a rock solid aluminum body...no creaks or flex.
    Originally posted by dvIceT

Please tell me you were taking that lavatory shot standing up! [refers to a picture that's been replaced]
    I went to the lavatory for the mirror. Sheesh.
    Originally posted by Jscalia
    Contrary to the above post I have chosen to give up my Prism in favor of the m505. The screen is not as bright as the Prism under ideal lighting conditions but under really bright indoor lights or outdoors (in a car) the m505 is spectacular. The other beauty of the m505 is the increased battery life that is rendered due to the decreased backlighting demands. Lastly, I have finally found a PDA that fits comfortably in my pockets without worry that flimsy outer casing will crack or lead to screen damage. The m505 is built with a rock solid aluminum body...no creaks or flex.
    Well I have seen the M505 and it sucks big time. the only thing it got for it is Form factor..And that will change I bet when Handspring release their next color unit. Prism is still King in the Color Palm OS Space in NA.
    Originally posted by Jscalia
    Contrary to the above post I have chosen to give up my Prism in favor of the m505. The screen is not as bright as the Prism under ideal lighting conditions but under really bright indoor lights or outdoors (in a car) the m505 is spectacular.
    I'll admit, I've never seen the m505 outdoors, but I rarely use the Prism outdoors except for the Eyemodule. A little hand shading goes a long way. Indoors, under any amount of lighting, I find the Prism to be vastly superior to the m505. If there is some indoor lighting situation that's so exceptionally bright that it makes the Prism's screen look bad, I have yet to see it, and it's rare enough to be a non-issue. The main reason I bought a Prism in the first place was to have a more visible screen in poor lighting conditions, which is most of the time when I'm using a PDA -- even here in sunny California.

The other beauty of the m505 is the increased battery life that is rendered due to the decreased backlighting demands
    I would've preferred that Palm decrease the battery life to match the Prism's battery life, if it meant increasing the m505 brightness to match the Prism's. I've read a couple of accounts of m505 adopters installing a hack to activate the "backlight" automatically when the power is turned on.

Since I'm in the habit of returning the Prism to its cradle at night, I no longer think about the battery life -- which was something I feared when I went from a VDX to Prism. I hated the idea of non-removable batteries. Now I don't have to buy batteries, I wonder how I went without a rechargable unit for so long.

Lastly, I have finally found a PDA that fits comfortably in my pockets without worry that flimsy outer casing will crack or lead to screen damage. The m505 is built with a rock solid aluminum body...no creaks or flex.
    No argument there. The size, form factor and casing are going to be the decisive factors for some people. I'm not one of them.
    Just ordered the Palm M505 at compusavers.net for $357.50. Hmmmm. I CAN'T have a color computer whose image flat disappears in sunlight. So, we'll see.
  15.    #15  
    Originally posted by sanchan
    Just ordered the Palm M505 at compusavers.net for $357.50. Hmmmm. I CAN'T have a color computer whose image flat disappears in sunlight. So, we'll see.
    $357.50??
    The market is starting to shout! The 505 bores me to tears, but I understand why people big on form factor like it. It is small, weighted properly, and feels like a solid ingot of aluminum. Great unit if a leeettle spalsh of color is all you need.
    Originally posted by bkbk
    All right, that's it: right here & now I'm offering free sex to Donna Dubinsky if she'll lower the price of the Prism (Jeff's not my type)! Okay, that was uncalled for, and Donna's not my type, either.
    But, unbelievably, Claudia Schiffer's STILL not returning my calls!
    (Let the record reflect, BTW, that it's 10:40pm on a Friday night, I'm still at work, w/nothing to do, and am bored out of my mind.)
    And EM2 still, rocks, rolls & rules, doesn't it?
    Claudia, I'd love to take some extra-special pix of you to demo my new EM2....
    Don't you think that your Lady would be offended by this post? hehe

Besides, doesn't it seem a little "Convenient" for Jeff & Donna have been together with this for so long?
    I think that's what's keeping the Prism price so high... to pay for....... ........ .......... um... their new car!!!

Is the EM2 worth getting? I've had my eye on it.... but I have only a measly VDX.
    <b><font size=1 color=teal>"Sorry about the whole thing about losing your life savings, but that Palmpilot is property of Enron, so please give it back"
    ....Next month, I'll probably post a gallery of my greatest hits on eyebrowse. I keep thinking of new things to do with the EM. Wait 'til I get the Total Recall and MemPlug -- you ain't seen nothin' yet . . .
    Hey, eyebrowse's new photos (I haven't seen the site since EM1!) are great!

bblue:
    My lady doesn't surf this site, but yeah, she's probably slice my --
    ... well, you know.

I think the EM2 is one of the few SBs worth every penny of the orig. MSRP -- and I, too, am but "a simple HSVD" user!
    "Great Spirits Have Always Encountered Violent Opposition From Mediocre Minds." -- Albert Einstein