1.    #1  
    I could barely believe it, but Palm is giving away the store. Check out these prices that Palm e-mailed me to "thank" the Palm community. If only Sony would follow suit with their Clie.

Model Discount Price Maximum Quantity
    --------------------------------------------------
    Palm(TM) m100 35% 83.85 3 units
    Palm(TM) m105 35% 129.35 3 units
    Palm(TM) IIIc 40% 179.40 3 units
    Palm(TM) Vx 40% 179.40 3 units
    Palm(TM) VIIx 40% 119.40 3 units

Nows the best time ever to get a new handheld, as long as you don't need the new frills of the latest releases.

Wahoowa
    Just as a point of information, according to PDABuzz.com, these prices are only available to registered developers.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Uh Toby, whats with the club?
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.
    Originally posted by mikedemo
    Uh Toby, whats with the club?
    That's his 'scepter'. When DNRC takes over the planet, it will be used to keep all in-duh-viduals in line.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Originally posted by Toby
    That's his 'scepter'. When DNRC takes over the planet, it will be used to keep all in-duh-viduals in line.
    That's why I chose Mr. Yuk as my avatar. No hidden agenda here, just trying to keep the kids from poisoning themselves.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    Originally posted by ****-richardson
    That's why I chose Mr. Yuk as my avatar. No hidden agenda here, just trying to keep the kids from poisoning themselves.
    DNRC doesn't need to have a hidden agenda. Our plans are hidden in plain sight. The in-duh-viduals wouldn't understand even if they were painted on billboards. MWUAHAHAHAHHA!!!1!!11!!
    Man, that price for the Palm Vx is a pretty good deal.
    Fat's
    Palm's CEO gave the entire graduating class Palm VIIx's yesterday.

Actually a pretty smart move since many will sign up for palm.net service.
    Originally posted by hamiltondj

Actually a pretty smart move since many will sign up for palm.net service.
    ...or play astroids on them.
    Fat's
    mmmmm, color for $180 I'm glad I'm a registered developer. and YES I actually program for Palm OS.
    You know it's bad when your Calculus Professor uses the word "Unpossible"

"It's a long way from my thoughts to what I'll say, It's a long, long way from paradise to where I am today." -Switchfoot, Home
  11. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    Originally posted by hamiltondj
    Actually, I remember reading in an article somewhere about Mr. Yank suggesting they could destroy a bunch of units to get rid of inventory glut...fortunately, he then realized that giving them to schools might be more 'socially valuable'.
    I am a palm developer.
    I want a Prism. But $450 vs. $180... looks like I'm getting a IIIc
    - John
    Originally posted by Toby
    .... in-duh-viduals ....
    "The Dilbert Future" is easily one of the funniest books I ever read. Starting on p.1, when he starts w/that concept.
    "Great Spirits Have Always Encountered Violent Opposition From Mediocre Minds." -- Albert Einstein
    Do you actually have to have WRITTEN an app for the Palm OS? I'm a registered developer, but I've only written miniscule stuff like PQA's so far.....

Actually, giving away VIIx's is smart for Palm. They can make the money off of the service.

I wish Handspring would do that! Maybe in a year or two?
    <b><font size=1 color=teal>"Sorry about the whole thing about losing your life savings, but that Palmpilot is property of Enron, so please give it back"
    Originally posted by bblue
    Do you actually have to have WRITTEN an app for the Palm OS? I'm a registered developer, but I've only written miniscule stuff like PQA's so far.
    How to qualify:

1. Find a GPL'ed Palm app
    2. Add a "Hello world" function
    3. Post it on PalmGear

Congratulations -- you're a developer with a new app to your credit!
    Another sign that Palm is going fown the tubes. When are they going to wake up and send their CEo packing?
    All that you do to become a Palm developer is goto their site, click on the "Palm OS" link, and then "Developers", and then click on "Getting Started." Follow the instructions and low and behold you are a Palm Devloper and you get those cheap prices.

--David
    I don't have any apps to my name but I'm signed up for the developer program it doesn't ask for any proof. They also have pretty good deals on the m500 & m505, very tempting.

While I probably won't take advantage of this I might offer it to a friend who was interested in getting a PDA but doesn't really have the cash.
    Matt Nichols
    VigoSpraxPalm@Yahoo.com
    They also have pretty good deals on the m500 & m505, very tempting.
    How much is the m505 if you are a developer?
    Thanks in advance.
  20. xjx
    Originally posted by carguy

How much is the m505 if you are a developer?
    Thanks in advance.
    20% off.