1.    #1  
    I can find where it looks like Sprint and VZ are getting the Pearl2 in a couple of months, but nothing on getting the Curve. I think I prefer the Curve to the 8830/worldphone, but would like to stay on Sprint when I move off the 700P
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    I agree would rather have the curves form factor rather then the pearl
    No one in the vast internet world has been able to find any concrete info as to a Curve-like device coming to CDMA until "sometime in mid-to-late 2008". I guess it would be at least Q2 before Sprint would see it since they are going to have a very busy Q4 (Centro, Touch, Pearl 2, Q9c) and then Q1 '08 (Palm 800w, Blackjack International).
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    No one in the vast internet world has been able to find any concrete info as to a Curve-like device coming to CDMA until "sometime in mid-to-late 2008". I guess it would be at least Q2 before Sprint would see it since they are going to have a very busy Q4 (Centro, Touch, Pearl 2, Q9c) and then Q1 '08 (Palm 800w, Blackjack International).
    The latest rumor is first quarter 2008. 8300 Series with GPS, but no wifi.
    Im getting ready to jump ship from Sprint to AT&T going Curve.Im really getting sick of CDMA Device Choices...I just had to vent
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    Im getting ready to jump ship from Sprint to AT&T going Curve.Im really getting sick of CDMA Device Choices...I just had to vent
    After you jumped, Sprint will have surprised you shortly after. I am going to be patient. My 700p is doing the job and that is all that matters for now. I love my devices but I am not going to pay money to get out of my contract with Sprint nor waiste extra money even with a subsidy for another device from another carrier on top of it. I might get a new device once every two years or "more". I jumped from a 600 to a 700...bad move in my behalf but it shows how long I wait between devices. If your device is a hobby I can understand. I feel the same way about sports cars.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    All the carriers have good and bad points, but I'll take my 700p EVDO over my Curve's EDGE anyday - especially for SlingBox (the device, not the moniker
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
    Quote Originally Posted by tomvb2000 View Post
    All the carriers have good and bad points, but I'll take my 700p EVDO over my Curve's EDGE anyday - especially for SlingBox (the device, not the moniker
    Sprint will be rolling out WiMax next year and a 4G network should bring some attraction to the device listing.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Sounds like the trial in Chicago was impressive from what I read. let's hope the smartphones are too. kind of surprised I haven't heard more rumors of new devices yet.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
    Quote Originally Posted by tomvb2000 View Post
    Sounds like the trial in Chicago was impressive from what I read. let's hope the smartphones are too. kind of surprised I haven't heard more rumors of new devices yet.
    I'm actually not convinced yet that they will have Wimax in phones...

So far "Acer, Asus, Lenovo, Panasonic and Toshiba" have expressed interest in adding it to their laptops and Sprint talked about how it would be subscription based as opposed to plan/agreement based. There's also talks of UMPCs like OQO and vid cameras with wimax chips.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Stay with 700p for now. There are not a single phone on Sprint worth switching to. Wait for treo 800w. It should be out before or around the same time as Curve.
    Get the latest cell phone news and deals at www.icellphonedeals.com.
    I got my new phones free at bestincellphones.com, where did you get yours?
    Well we know now that the Pearl 2 is comming out for Verizon on 11/1 and Sprint short after.. I really would like to see either the 8820 or Curve (with gps and wifi) on Sprint REALLY SOON. I am so sick of my 5th 700p.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I live in a non-EVDO area and won't be for some time...getting ready to make the jump from a Sprint Treo 650 to the ATT Curve. I'm thinking that it could be a good change.
    Bump
    hehehe keeping the dream alive.

Just spoke to retentions..Thanks to my friend codyppc telling me about his BB Pearl deal .Retentions said they would have the Curve available in April

APRIL....I hope were not played as fools
    SKU for the BlackBerry 8330 is now in Sprint's system.
    http://www.blackberryforums.com/rumo...tml#post819682
    Delayed yesterday until June 1 according to my sprint stores manager
    That rumor is definitely making the rounds. As much as I don't want to believe it, my resolve is starting to crumble. Guess I'll have to wait a little longer.

All the testers were running OS4.3, but with WES coming mid May, I wonder if RIM is planning some announcement that might explain the Sprint delay (OS4.5 would be sweet).
    There's rumors about everything, some saying it's delayed, some saying Sprint says it's coming on the 20th, and that everything else is false. There's about a 90 page thread on sprintusers.com about it all.

I'm just going to wait till the 20th and see what happens. If it's out, I get it. If not, I suffer a bit longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by gregnauman View Post
    Delayed yesterday until June 1 according to my sprint stores manager
    TRANSLATION: My Sprint store's manager, like all the rest of this industry's CSRs, has his own personal guess based on rumors and stuff he made up.