WLAN (802.11b/g) / Push E-mail
    Optical Mouse
    GPS with Navigation Client
    Full Browser
    Bluetooth Stereo Music Profile (A2DP)
    Bluetooth v2.0 / USB 2.0
    * Memory External : MicroSD
    http://www.allaboutphones.nl/forum/v...0&sk=t&sd=a#bu

This device was recently shown of at the GITEX technology show, and features an mouse mode using the d-pad, ... and of course a boatload of other technology, in a 13.3 mm thick shell.

Here's a video of the mouse mode in action.

Who would have thought the first 320x320 screen WM device would not come from Palm? I guess with recent developments we should all have expected it....

Surur
    Very nice device.

As far as the "the first 320x320 screen WM device would not come from Palm", neither device is out yet, so I'm not sure that's a fair statement. (This isn't on any carrier yet?).

Plus I'd imagine Palm would go CDMA first, GSM second.

Samsung "showed off" their i760 over 9 months ago and it just got released, sort of, on Verizon.

Edit: The mouse feature is neat as it avoids a stylus, but ultimately I think it's the wrong way to go for mobile devices (looks frustrating). Nice option though.

Edit II:
    I can't vouch if this is true or not, but this was posted today at ppgeeks
    just to give you a quick shout that if someone wants to look at and feel the real taste of Gandolf 800w they can if they are in Wash D.C Metro Area the phone would be available to see at one the local sprint store which is located in Tysons Corner, Va but the phone is not the final version it is still running beta tester stuff on it......
    Last edited by Malatesta; 09/20/2007 at 02:15 PM.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Very nice device.

As far as the "the first 320x320 screen WM device would not come from Palm", neither device is out yet, so I'm not sure that's a fair statement. (This isn't on any carrier yet?).

Plus I'd imagine Palm would go CDMA first, GSM second.

Samsung "showed off" their i760 over 9 months ago and it just got released, sort of, on Verizon.

Edit: The mouse feature is neat as it avoids a stylus, but ultimately I think it's the wrong way to go for mobile devices (looks frustrating). Nice option though.
    At least we have seen it, and we know it actually powers on. Thats more than we can say about the 800w.

Edit: Good

BTW, the screen is flush, like the HTC Touch.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    At least we have seen it, and we know it actually powers on. Thats more than we can say about the 800w.

Surur
    see my Edit II above.

5.    #5  
    see my Edit II above.
    Brilliant!

Surur
    Dang it, and I no longer live in the area.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Man, this phone looks killer too... this looks way better than the HP one.
    So other manuf. also think the square screen is a good idea too? Interesting.

Why not a CDMA version for Sprint/Verizon?
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    So other manuf. also think the square screen is a good idea too? Interesting.

Why not a CDMA version for Sprint/Verizon?
    From what I've seen, square gives you this: slightly larger screen size e.g. 2.5, 2.6 +

But at the same time, keeping the device more narrow.

Landscape looks very nice, but you end up getting a 2.4" screen and those devices tend to be more wide.

(I'm only talking about front qwerty devices too, obviously)

It's probably not a huge difference, but it is something to consider.

Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Very nice device.

The mouse mode seems like it screams for the Pearl's pointing device, but I agree with you-- seems like a half-baked solution at best. if you don't want to use a touchscreen, just get a Smartphone/Standard device.
    Wow I can't wait oh the choices coming down the pike.

I am still leaning towards the HP but I now want to hold the Samsun i780 which also looks sweet. However I never liked the red dot on the IMB laptops, I wonder how easy is it? I like the more narrow form.

Do we know what the speed and memory for the Samsung? Did I miss that?

I will believe in the myth known as 800W when we have something that we can chew on. Maybe the 800W will have Bluetooth 2.0, hmmmm? Come on Palm you can do it. I think I can, I think I can........

Thats it I will pry the QWERTY kets off a new Blackberry and glue them onto a Treo 750 while stuffing the guts of the Tytn II inside, now we are cooking. TRYTONBERRY, insert evil laughter here!

What is that Aerosmith song, dream on, dream on . .. .. . . . . .

Oh and I think this is my 100th post, hey for me that is a lot.

It is a pleasure posting with the collective and combined knowledge that everyone brings to the forum.

Regards
    graylion
    Major props to Samsung for creating a non slider with WM Professional. With Samsung there's a possibility there might be a cdma version somewhere in the future. I know I would get this asap because there aren't many front qwerty WM Pro devices available to us in the states. Samsung definitely surprised me with this one.
    Call me odd but I actually like that idea of a pointer. It looks nice. I wish this device was on CDMA.

And to Mal which Samsung i760 are you referring to? The CDMA model or the totally different GSM model?

And someone in the D.C. area please check that sprint store out with a decent camera and see what is up?
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodycape77 View Post
    And someone in the D.C. area please check that sprint store out with a decent camera and see what is up?
    I dropped by the Sprint Store at Tysons Corners last night, asked the CSR if I could see the Treo 800w they supposedly had and got the 1,000 mile stare. He asked the other folks in the store if they'd ever heard of it - no luck. Either a false rumor, or the night shift doesn't know what's going on in the day shift.
  15.    #15  
    Here's a better quality picture. That 320x320 screen sure looks high-res. Cant say I like the calculator-like look though

Surur
    320x320 is going to be a nice sweet spot for screen size and resolution...

I agree, the looks of the device are lacking. But the BJ always looked kind of weird too.

also, regarding the mouse feature, a commenter at engadget wrote this:

samsung had two on display at Gitex. Either the drivers weren't done, or users will be VERY frustrated with this input mechanism. Way worse than the Pearl trackball

17.    #17  
    also, regarding the mouse feature, a commenter at engadget wrote this:

samsung had two on display at Gitex. Either the drivers weren't done, or users will be VERY frustrated with this input mechanism. Way worse than the Pearl trackball
    I'm sure its a total gimmick, but maybe the sensor can also act as a finger print reader?

Surur
    Hmmm...the KB keys are kinda neat.

(1) dedicated email button (I wish more would do this)

(2) labeling is nice/clear

(3) vibrate button (shared with # key)

(4) Separate function key (FN) from Caps and Num lock

Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    Here's a better quality picture. That 320x320 screen sure looks high-res. Cant say I like the calculator-like look though

Surur
    Great screen real estate!

Nice form factor.

Keys look solid.

I do not like the way the number are spaced 1 apart? Seems odd to dial by feel like this.

D-pad/pointer looks better on the close up.

Regards
    graylion
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I bet the front camera is the first thing to go when AT&T officially announces it.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast