Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Here's another picture, where it looks a bit better.

and this picture makes it really look good. It confirms the device has 128 MB RAM.

http://mobilitysite.com/2007/09/sams...sung-sgh-i780/

Surur
    Nice, looks like 128mb/256mb RAM/ROM is now the new standard. Finally.
    Last edited by gadgetluva; 09/23/2007 at 01:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    Nice, looks like 12mb/256mb RAM/ROM is now the new standard. Finally.
    You mean 128/256 MB? I think?
    graylion
    Dang if/when AT&T gets this phone, they will probably have the sickest lineup of pdas I've seen in a while. The upcoming Kaiser, Ipaq, BB8820 & now this i780 all with GPS & WiFi. Love them or hate them but AT&T has really stepped up their pda lineup.
    Am I reading this right? A 2.1 Ghz processor? If that's the case, wow, is that impressive!!!!

I must be misunderstanding this - its too good to be true, right?

All it lacks is ev-do. Its an otherwise fantastic pda phone.
    Oh nevermind, I see that is just a network frequency, not the processor speed.

Does anyone know what type of processor this will have?
    Quote Originally Posted by graylion View Post
    You mean 128/256 MB? I think?
    woops yep.
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    Am I reading this right? A 2.1 Ghz processor? If that's the case, wow, is that impressive!!!!

I must be misunderstanding this - its too good to be true, right?

All it lacks is ev-do. Its an otherwise fantastic pda phone.
    It's a GSM/UMTS/HSDPA phone so it has 3G, just faster and better.
    What a great device but does the numbers placement bother anyone else?

I still want to hold this awsome device but I do not think my ocd can handle the key gaps between the numbers.

Regards
    graylion
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by graylion View Post
    Great screen real estate!

Nice form factor.

Keys look solid.

I do not like the way the number are spaced 1 apart? Seems odd to dial by feel like this.

D-pad/pointer looks better on the close up.

Regards
    The keyboard looks identical to the Blackjack. The cool thing about the Blackjack keys is when you are in the dialpad you can hit the number key or the key to its right and get the same number. For instance, you get a 1 is you press E or R key, you get a 2 if you press T or Y and you get a 3 if you press U or I. So it's like having two keys for every number. I would assume that this keyboard would work the same way as the Blackjack keyboard.
    Jeff
    Things that make you go hmmmm....
    graylion
    That looks like it might be the device with the four essentials I've been waiting for: HSDPA and US GSM-compatible, non-sliding QWERTY, WM6, 320x320. WiFi and GPS are not priorities for me, but nice to have those thrown in.

I need to hold it and feel it and see how it is, but this could be my next device. IMO it isn't super-pretty, although it is better than that FUGLY upcoming iPaq. (I really like the looks of the Treo 750, apart from being a tad too thick). Even though the thinner form factor is progress, I don't like the looks of the 500v/Centro as much as the Treo 680/750/755, so Palm is going the wrong direction looks-wise for me. So even though this device looks a little pedestrian, if it hits the market before Palm shows me a device with my above-mentioned four essentials, I'm gonna get this.
    Sprint, PLEASE get a CDMA version of this if it is ever made available. This is the first device that has made me seriously consider tossing out my Treo.

This appears to be the 800w plus GPS and a better camera.

And I REALLY LOVE the screenshot showing RAM and ROM. I wish this was the first thing previewers reported on.

I can do a lot with 80+MB free RAM.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    This is the first device that has made me seriously consider tossing out my Treo.
    Yep it certainly ticks all the right boxes

If the 800w isn't close to being this good then they might as well toss those plans in the bin and start again
    By now there are only a few things left the Treo might do better: ringerswitch, threaded sms and mms, some little goodies for the one hand operation..

But if the next treo won't offer gps, 320x320 and 128MB of ram, those treo pluspoints will be worthless.

just my 0,12 cent

And I can't wait to read the first i780 reviews.
    Ringer switch: seems like Samsung has a workaround with their "#" key functionality.

Threaded SMS/MMS: I thought some form of this was built into WM6?

Sprint should have their A-team in talks with Samsung right now about brining this over to the deprived CDMA crowd.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    Ringer switch: seems like Samsung has a workaround with their "#" key functionality.

Threaded SMS/MMS: I thought some form of this was built into WM6?

Sprint should have their A-team in talks with Samsung right now about brining this over to the deprived CDMA crowd.
    The workaround for the ringer switch is a realy good solution. Threaded sms and mms are as far as I know a treo special. The only workaround would be a software called textr or ? But that is an add on, nothing built in.
    Well the Palm threaded app works fine on most WM phones so I don't see why it wouldn't work on the i780.
    Quote Originally Posted by untouchablez View Post
    Well the Palm threaded app works fine on most WM phones so I don't see why it wouldn't work on the i780.
    Okay, if the app will work on the i780 and the phone offers good one hand operation, good standby and usage time - no reason to buy a treo.

Poor Palm.
    Palm needs to make this with a touchscreen and new linux OS. No, wait, Palm's manufacturing has sucked lately. Someone else needs to make this with a touchscreen and ALP. I'd buy that in a heartbeat.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast