Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Well Palm, HP is stepping ahead.

The HP IPaq 914 spec sheet is out.

Download here:
    HP Link Has Been Removed

Notes:
    - Windows Mobile 6 Professional
    - Dedicated mute button, no longer a palm only item now.
    - 3 MP camera, wow!
    - A lot of dedicated keys in addition to the soft keys and hopefully the programable short cuts.
    - Mini-USB, way to go.
    - WIFI, even if I don't need it, I have it.
    - Scroll wheel, hmm we will see how well it is integrated
    - A side OK button, I like it.
    - Tri-band HSDPA 3.6/7.2 Mbps (850/1900/2100 MHz)
    - Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
    - 128MB Ram, 256 ROM
    - 520 MHz
    - 320 x 240 touch screen
    - 1840mah battery! I hope this is enough juice, if not they sell and extended.
    - Assisted GPS (A-GPS) navigation
    - Bluetooth 2.0, ya
    General Access Profile (GAP)
    Generic Object Exchange Profile (GOEX)
    Service Discovery Application Profile (SDAP)
    Serial Port Profile (SPP)
    Dial-Up Networking Server Profile (DUN)
    Handsfree Profile (HFP)
    Headset Profile (HSP)
    Human Interface Device (HID)
    Object Push Profile (OPP)
    Personal Area Networking Profile (PAN)
    Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP)
    Audio/Visual Remote Control Profile (AVRCP)
    Generic Audio Visual Distro (GAVDP)
    File Transfer Profile (FTP – Server only)
    Basic Imaging Profile (BIP)
    SIM Access Profile (SAP – server only)
    Bluetooth Printing Profile (BPP)

Models
    HP iPAQ 910 Business Messenger – without camera
    FB047AA#ABA United States

HP iPAQ 910c Business Messenger – with camera
    FB050AA#ABA United States
    FB068AA#ABA United States - commercial
    FB070AA#ABA United States - AT&T

In the Box: HP iPAQ 910 Business Messenger ,standard battery, USB synchronization/charge cable, AC adapter,
    wired stereo headset with 2.5mm jack, HP iPAQ Companion CD, documentation

I have a lot of hope for this device.

Lets see if HP has the special sauce too, and if they can mix it up in the right recipe.

Oh and they even mention the device that is coming out in 2-3 months with enough information for me to wait for this.

Palm I hope you have studied this device it is the one we want, at least I do.

Regards
    Last edited by graylion; 09/18/2007 at 11:04 AM.
    graylion
    Zoinks 1840mah battery! I tell you, I'm very impressed.

and sad
    Does it have US 3G? Historically HP like to design smart phone that used popular oversea radio standard with a exterior design that cater to the American asthetic and taste. Very werid combination.

That and bad carrier relationship.
    Yes. It said so in the specs in the PDF doc.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I love everything except I dont know if this is really a palm only thing but if you build such a beautiful device with awesome specs WHY leave out touchscreen....its soooooooo important to me and handy for cut paste select text etc
  6.    #6  
    Being a windows mobile pro device (ppc as they had been called) this device has a touch screen.

Regards
    graylion
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    Does it have US 3G? Historically HP like to design smart phone that used popular oversea radio standard with a exterior design that cater to the American asthetic and taste. Very werid combination.

That and bad carrier relationship.

I am very pleased that they are releasing an unbranded or HP branded version as I think it is the carriers holding back the technology so that they can charge for their features.

I say GO HP and make this happen.

Regards
    graylion
    wow i love this its got everything iv ever wanted on a treo...but god dammit why cant sprint get one of these everything is for frikkin GSM n my plan is so awesome on sprint id never leave them
  9.    #9  
    I will take this on AT&T or Verizon.

Verizon for their quality service and customer service.

AT&T for their 19.95 unlimited mediamax.

Regards
    graylion
    Re Palm's special sauce - HP probably got an infusion of that when Tod Bradley, ex-palm, went to work there.

Surur
    If this phone feels nice in my hand I'm leaving Palm AND Sprint to get it.
    I just saw the picture. Dammn! I hope they make a weatherproof version, because this "civilian" version is not winning any beauty contest.

Also partner with GM to brand it under the HUMMER badge.

I like the form factor of the 614 very much. Spiritual successor of my SE m600.
    This device will be heavier than current Treos (common complaint here). It will be sold thru ATT at some point (in the pipeline for later this year). And will be more expensive than anything for a good bit ($499 is plausable w/contract).

Still a solid device, and not much more that US users know of to get instead of it.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    [QUOTE=Antoine of MMM;1347338]And will be more expensive than anything for a good bit ($499 is plausable w/contract).QUOTE]

I really don't think that's too expensive considering you get everything and the kitchen sink with that particular phone. It's got everything, at least on paper.

One thing though - do you guys find that landscape orientation is not very useful for a business phone? I think portrait always makes the most sense and gives you the most working area given WM's design. That would be my only extra wish for a phone like this - a portrait oriented screen.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Antoine of MMM View Post
    This device will be heavier than current Treos (common complaint here). It will be sold thru ATT at some point (in the pipeline for later this year). And will be more expensive than anything for a good bit ($499 is plausable w/contract).

Still a solid device, and not much more that US users know of to get instead of it.
    Actually it is rated as follows:

156 grams Treo 750
    146 grams HP 914

4.37 x 2.28 x 0.87 Treo 750
    4.45 x 2.52 x 0.63 HP 914 (Corrected - It Is Wider)

Very close, also a little taller, wider, and thinner. I am ok with that.

Regards
    Last edited by graylion; 09/19/2007 at 07:25 AM.
    graylion
    graylion,

You reversed one of those numbers for the HP, it should be this:

4.45 x 2.52 x 0.63"

Making it quite a bit wider than the 750 ;-)

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Thou I've been using QWERTY keyboard since Treo 600/650 days, I am considering to go with HP 610c (it has a larger screen but not QWERTY).

Anyone has positive experience moving away from QWERTY to regular phone pad for data entry?
    CNG ATTWS Treo650
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    graylion,

You reversed one of those numbers for the HP, it should be this:

4.45 x 2.52 x 0.63"

Making it quite a bit wider than the 750 ;-)
    Damn, you are correct. I have edited my comment. Must stop listening to the voices.

OK now that is my first blemish on the HP 914, but I still want it.

Regards
    graylion
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Playcentric View Post
    Thou I've been using QWERTY keyboard since Treo 600/650 days, I am considering to go with HP 610c (it has a larger screen but not QWERTY).

Anyone has positive experience moving away from QWERTY to regular phone pad for data entry?

Yes, positive I can not do it. I switched back once, I will not do that again. Must have the qwerty!

Regards
    graylion
    Quote Originally Posted by graylion View Post
    Yes, positive I can not do it. I switched back once, I will not do that again. Must have the qwerty!

Regards
    Even with the 2.8" screen vs 2.5? Was doing simple email and simple data entry significantly more difficult without qwerty?
    CNG ATTWS Treo650
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast