Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    You would still have the on-screen soft keyboard...

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    You would still have the on-screen soft keyboard...

Surur
    So would you go with the 2.8" screen and give up qwerty? As I am considering to do without the qwerty.
    CNG ATTWS Treo650
    No, because you are already carrying the bulk of a keyboard, but one thats not really usable much for text entry, just phone calls.

If you are very voice-centric its a good device, but if you know you will be doing a lot of data entry it does not seem ideal at all, even with a soft keyboard.

Surur
  4.    #24  
    For me it is a matter of one handed use. I have no want to pull out the stylus. If I want to create a quick task or appoinment in Agenda One

Start > Program > A1 Task

Select Precon Meeting as its in the drop down type name of group.

Set date & time with d-pad, save.

This is one of many examples.

I have 10 managers and 150 staff members, so I am always typing short emails of tasks or projects and I need my QWERTY.

I will be very pleases with the extra screen real estate on the HP Ipaq 914.

Of course I started with a blackberry as my first smartphone.

I also receive several hundred emails per day and being able to hold down the d key in WM6 to delete emails is DA BOMB! As well as the other shortcuts.

So on and so forth, I would have withdrawels with out the qwerty.

I know this not for everyone but you have to see how do you use your device.

Regards
    graylion
    I fall asleep reading the spec sheet of the HP 910c (I think that is the real name for the HP iPaq 914). This device has EVERYTHING in it.

I think HP just took the golden ring on what device everyone else has to beat with this model.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fender Doc View Post
    I fall asleep reading the spec sheet of the HP 910c (I think that is the real name for the HP iPaq 914). This device has EVERYTHING in it.

I think HP just took the golden ring on what device everyone else has to beat with this model.
    Samsung just knocked HP of the top spot, by adding a 320x320 screen.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=152918

Surur
    Becareful, the old iPaq 6900 had everything too? And is A-GPS inferior to the regular GPS (in say n95).

Also, no 3.5mm jack, no cigar.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    Becareful, the old iPaq 6900 had everything too? And is A-GPS inferior to the regular GPS (in say n95).

A GPS is the same GPS as everyone else, like the Nokia N95. And anyway, who still use wires. Thats what A2DP is all about.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post

aGPS is actually very accurate and fast, even when compared to standalone GPS, since the assistance server is doing all the work. You also get around structures that interfere with direct-satellite line of sight, which slow down regular GPS.

The issue is if it's locked or not by the carrier. Sprint and Verizon tend to lock theirs down on PPC devices, making it 100% useless. The HTC Kaiser seems to have an unlocked one.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  10.    #30  
    Well it has been a tale of many mobiles...

I started this thread back in September 2007.

I just placed my order in July 2008.

I ordered on the HP Small Business Site creating a new account.

It quotes 7/7/08 for delivery and we shall see.

I left the Treo 750v for a couple of months and went to the Motorola Q Global and then the iMate 8502.

Great specs, WIFI (8502), GPS but man I missed the Treo form factor and "Ease of Use".

I have high hopes that the HP IPAQ 910 will hold me over for the GSM version of the Treo 800 (Treo 850).

Good news is buying direct from HP I purchase the 3 year warrenty which at $129.00 is nothing compared to the carrier insurance monthly if available.

Wish me luck and cross you fingers. I will checking the update link on a regular basis.

Regards
    Last edited by graylion; 07/01/2008 at 08:46 PM.
    graylion
    just get an iPhone . I'm getting an 8 gig iPhone in 2 weeks .
  12.    #32  
    QWERTY Bar is the only form factor for me. Must have the keys.

Regards
  13.    #33  
    I have it also...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It landed at 11:00 am today but I had a very busy day.

Initial reaction is very nice. I still enjoy the Treo 750 keys better, more pronounced.

Cool features:
    - Additional hard keys (caledar, email, tab,
    - Scroll wheel neat not great just neat
    - WIFI, GPS,
    - Double LED
    - Nice big battery 1900?

Treo Features I Miss:
    - Better keys
    - Dedicated period key instead of one that is hsared with the : sysmbol. This make typing ip addresses harder.
    - Context menu/center action on email list, contact list, task list, appointment list, file explorer. This does not appear to work on the hp or windows. I did not realize that this was Palm special sauce?

Hmmmm....
    - Not sure that I like the flap over the USB port.

Regards
    graylion
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12