1.    #1  
    Here's the link to an article in The Register that states that Acer has licensed the Palm OS for a new line of PDAs. I bet that they're dancin' in the aisles over at Palm!!!

Here's the link:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/2/19157.html
    What the Heck! It's what I want!
    Originally posted by visor empowered
    Here's the link to an article in The Register that states that Acer has licensed the Palm OS for a new line of PDAs. I bet that they're dancin' in the aisles over at Palm!!!

Here's the link:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/2/19157.html
    More co-opetition. I'm not sure if they're dancing, but they ain't pissed either. It's a fine line to walk along.
    "Hey! Check out these cresent-fresh skulls in my salad!"- Sifl & Olly
    Originally posted by visor empowered
    I bet that they're dancin' in the aisles over at Palm!!
    Oh, I doubt they're dancing in the aisles. It's yet another licensee to add to a growing list of hardware developers that are stealing market share away from them. If I were a Palm exec, I would be more concerned with finding a way to stay profitable in a deteriorating environment.
    Acer? Quite possible the last company I'd ever be compelled to purchase a handheld from. The article mentions that Acer already has a PPC device. Who knew?

That said, it is nice to see a PC manufacturer showing interest in the Palm OS.
    We're all naked if you turn us inside out.
    -David Byrne
    Originally posted by foo fighter
    Oh, I doubt they're dancing in the aisles. It's yet another licensee to add to a growing list of hardware developers that are stealing market share away from them. If I were a Palm exec, I would be more concerned with finding a way to stay profitable in a deteriorating environment.
    Agreed. If they were actually considering wigging out on their licensees to salvage the hardware marketshare, this would go down in the books as an extremely stupid move. BTW, if I'm remembering my conversations from Fall Comdex last year correctly, Acer was supposedly a company that was going to be OEMing the BlueConnect module (since Widcomm supposedly isn't going to be selling to endusers). This could possibly mean an upcoming announcement of a Springboard slot licensee? That would be interesting.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Originally posted by homer
    Acer? Quite possible the last company I'd ever be compelled to purchase a handheld from.
    Well Intel and Compaq are selling MP3 players...
    I thought that Acer was primarily selling their handhelds in the Asia market. Maybe that's why their products are relatively unknown here.
    Fat's
    After a couple of defunct laptops designed by Acer, I think that they are the last company that I would buy a Handheld from.

BEN
    Originally posted by BEN
    After a couple of defunct laptops designed by Acer, I think that they are the last company that I would buy a Handheld from.

BEN
    Ditto on the bad laptop. Worst purchase I have ever made. Took one day to turn it in for another.
    Hey foo fighter, I think you're right on with your post. You'd think Palm would be wising up and not giving away their precious market share, they need it bad right now, last time i checked their stock it was worth 7 bucks a share, down from 63 in november.
    I actually have an Acer laptop (521TE) that I bought pretty cheaply about half a year ago that works well...