1.    #1  
    How long before devices like this one for the Jomada are adapted for Palm OS (Handera, next version of Innopocket)?

CF Digital Camera Review
    "That IS a Palm III form-factor in my pocket, AND I'm happy to see you...."
    Man...if something like that was available for the Visor, I NEVER would have bought my EM2.

That looks rad!
    It'd be great to have more digi-pix competition, of course. But I don't like the look of the HP or Casio digi-cams -- they're too obtrusive. And add too much length to the unit. And I think using CF, it's too easy for them to snap off, if they're snagged. Finally, when the Casio was 1st out, it was like $299 or $399 or something crazy (it's now $199, I think). I didn't see a price for the HP.

And what is this: You can't use it in ANY PktPC, just OURS? EM1 & EM2 works in ANY Visor.
    "Great Spirits Have Always Encountered Violent Opposition From Mediocre Minds." -- Albert Einstein
    But look at the quality! I was looking at a teacher's Jornada he bought the day before on Wednesday. I let him borrow the CF from my digicam and he was looking at my photos w/o any other software on it. Sometimes I wonder if what I hear here is biased because it seemed like a decent machine to me, especially the CF out of box factor. I'm not sure how much a Jornada runs nowadays though, so you may pay for it
    -Vincent
    I just read the full review (busy w/other stuff) -- the HP camera doesn't do video, either.

I like to think I'm more obj. than to be biased. If ppl. can get past the obj. that would prevent me from going HP & their digicam, more power to 'em. I can't.

I'll admit the photo quality looks good, and from this link ...

http://www.cewindows.net/peripherals/cfcamera.htm

... it looks like the price is good, at $169. (Tho that price doesn't appear on an "official" site.)

Still, psnly, if I were to jump ship from the Palm OS to PPC (unlikely, w/out a lot of other factors falling into line), I'd still go to a Casio CF so I could shoot CMF video w/sound for $199.
    The following link details the Casio:

http://www15.brinkster.com/sachacrom...=reviews/cfcam

But I'd bet almost anything that EM3 will enable sound, if Blocks / IDEO isn't working on a SW patch right now to enable it into EM2.
    Last edited by bkbk; 06/01/2001 at 08:01 PM.
    "Great Spirits Have Always Encountered Violent Opposition From Mediocre Minds." -- Albert Einstein
  6.    #6  
    [i]And I think using CF, it's too easy for them to snap off, if they're snagged. [/B]
    That's a darn good point. And with the mem stick, it becomes a damn good point. I'm hoping that these upcoming? mem stick (and SD for that matter) add-ons are sheathed in aluminum or even Ti for the more expensive ones.

AMOTHER THOUGHT. Okay usually in tech smaller size means higher cost. How much more expensive will these divices be than their SB counterparts?
    "That IS a Palm III form-factor in my pocket, AND I'm happy to see you...."