1. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    In case you are interested:

http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/linu...genda_pda.html

(note this took a really long time to load for me...be patient if it doesn't come up right away)
  2. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    * The VR3's display has ... 160 by 240 pixels, 16-bit gray-scale. Think of the display as the same size, physically as well as in resolution, as the new Palm m100/m105 models, except with renderable space on the VR3 where the fixed Graffiti writing area exists on the Palm.

* There are also seven physical buttons around the device (including power), plus a handy switch inside the stylus storage chamber. The VR3 wakes up when the stylus is removed, and returns to sleep when it is re-inserted.

* The device also has mono audio record and playback ability when a microphone and/or set of headphones are plugged into the audio jack. A piezo buzzer is used for normal audio generation needs.

* As an interesting extra feature, the VR3 includes a "Consumer IR Port" -- a high-intensity IR LED intended to allow remote control of consumer multimedia devices such CD Players, from distances much beyond normal beaming range.
    "... 16-bit gray-scale ..." Really?
    It rather looks like 16 shades of gray, doesn't it?
  4. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    Originally posted by weberflo
    "... 16-bit gray-scale ..." Really?
    It rather looks like 16 shades of gray, doesn't it?
    I don't know about you, but I won't even consider a PDA that doesn't have at least 65,000 different shades of grey!!! Why doesn't Palm get a clue?!?!?! WE NEED MORE GREYS!!!