1.    #1  
    When I have "stay on in cradle" selected and put my Palm M505 in the its cradle, I noticed something strange.

If I seat the device while its already turned off, half of the screen vertically, slowly turns into a darker shade and the other stays the normal color when off. This only happens when you have "Stay on with in cradle" selected in your general preferences, and the cradle is plugged in as well.

Anyone else have this happen to them?
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.
    Mike, sorry about the title just couldn't pass it up. I've just tried it and don't notice any differences. How long does this take?

Do you have a Hungarian or USA unit?

Any weird hacks? This might be a phenom- only to your machine because of software etc.

Or maybe it's just too much coffee.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
  3.    #3  
    I have CRDiamond installed to auto turn on the sidelight, but even when i removed it and had the same issues.

Here are the steps.(Make sure you don't already have the device in the cradle.)

1) On your M505 go into System->Preferences->General then select "Stays on in Cradle".

2) Turn off the decive.

3)Palce you M505 in cradle.

If the cradle is plugged in. You may see the issue I have with half of the screen pixels become active. (Happens every time I do it.)

When I deselect "Stays on in Cradle", the screen doesn't do it anymore.
    -Mikedemo
    Not happening on my unit:

Mine is Hungarian unit. Maybe a difference if your's is American?

Off topic: are you patiently awaiting the last episode tomorrow night?
    Moose Man
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
  5.    #5  
    Yup. I can't wait to see big fleet battle. Also wonder if Janeway or Chakotay dies. I dunno who but I bet someone does.
    -Mikedemo
    Originally posted by mikedemo
    Yup. I can't wait to see big fleet battle. Also wonder if Janeway or Chakotay dies. I dunno who but I bet someone does.
    As I sit here with the TV on and a teaser just went over UPN, I think that perhaps Tuvoc might be the one that gets the ax, hatchet or whatever other means of succumbing to death the writers have conjured up.

I'm looking forward to next fall and the new series. Hope it's not another DS9. Too dark for me if it follows that pattern.
    Moose Man
  7.    #7  
    I think the new series takes place before the Original Star Trek Series. I dunno if that a good idea, but thats what i heard. Also that guy from "Quantum Leap" is suppose to be the Captain.

Anyway, thanks for checking out the M505 issue. I am not too pleased with the M505 and I am thinking of retuning it for a Visor Edge and give it to my girl as a graduation present. As for me, I guess I'll stick with my Prism or get the Clie 710c. What do you think?
    -Mikedemo
    I think the new series takes place before the Original Star Trek Series. I dunno if that a good idea, but thats what i heard. Also that guy from "Quantum Leap" is suppose to be the Captain.

Anyway, thanks for checking out the M505 issue. I am not too pleased with the M505 and I am thinking of retuning it for a Visor Edge and give it to my girl as a graduation present. As for me, I guess I'll stick with my Prism or get the Clie 710c. What do you think?
    I say keep the Prism for now and that Tuvok, if anybody, is going to be the one to die.
    "Hey! Check out these cresent-fresh skulls in my salad!"- Sifl & Olly
    I seem to remeber an article in which Kate Mulgrew (Janeway) heavily implied that her character doesn't make it. Of course the question is, is it the older Janeway (seen in the trailer) or the younger one?
    Sven

If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished.

I think for $50 bucks additional for the Clie is probably worth it if you are interested in a slightly bigger unit and MP3. I'd wait though and physically see the Clie screen. I'm not certain though that I'd go with an Edge over a M500, but they are on special so again, it's a personal call. But the Edge would not be compatible with the Sony but I heard somewhere that the Sony memory stick might be compatible with the SD slot in some fashion down the road....something to think about.

I enjoyed my Prism while I had it for about 4 months. I keep going back to the smaller form factor though so I can carry it in my front pants pocket. Never been too much of a geek to where a belt clip model and it's too usefull to keep in the briefcase.

I started out with Palm Pilot's and can remember the only options were memory. 512K versus 1MB so all of these options available now....which one is right for me may not be right for you, depending upon usage. I think you can argue any of them as being pretty good units and worthy of the money.

Thank goodness the Lakers aren't playing tonight so I can totally focus on Voyager. I hadn't heard anything about the plot of the fall program so thanks for that tid bit.

sdoersam: Interesting - first time a Captain would be killed while in charge of her ship? Kirk bought it but he wasn't in the correct time line and nor was he Captain at the time.

I gues will just have to wait about 12 hours or so to find out.
    Moose Man
  11.    #11  
    I think the form factor is why I haven't returned the M505 as of yet. It fits in pocket without making an embarrassing bulge.

oh decisions decisions.

As far as trek goes . . .

I think Tuvok had a thing for Janeway maybe he'll confess his love for her when he dies. And I hope Seven gets re-assimilated (Why not?). I am just excited to see that the Federation is using the Prometheus Class ships. Any chance of seeing the Enterprise-E or at least another Sovreign Class ship. Don't tell me it was the only one was made?

BTW: any of you guys play ST:Elite Force?
    Last edited by mikedemo; 05/23/2001 at 12:44 PM.
    -Mikedemo
    BTW: any of you guys play ST:Elite Force?
    I do, but with my crappy VooDoo2 12MB I get ~15-20fps which was fine for solo-play but sucks for internet play.
    "Hey! Check out these cresent-fresh skulls in my salad!"- Sifl & Olly