Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    BenQ T80 WM Standard Phone

" OK, let's see here. Sexy, stylish design? Check. Sliding numeric keypad ? Check. Windows Mobile Standard? Check. Yes, this is what we want. More Windows powered Smartphones! There's just not enough around in our humble opinion, so the BenQ T80 looks like a winner to us.It's got NFC too, which is probably something no-one has heard of. Put simply it's a short-range wireless solution a bit like Bluetooth but is designed to be used with public transport systems and other payment solutions. Imagine waving your phone at the train ticket machine in the morning and you're pretty much on the money. The BenQ T80 phone will be the first phone to hold NFC applications on a secure digital memory card - in this case the microSD card inside the phone.Set for release before the end of this year (although we don't quite know where yet) the BenQ T80 runs Windows Mobile 6 Standard and has GSM Quadband network with integrated WiFi. The phone itself is a slider design and has a thin top / screen section with LG Chocolate-style buttons. Have a look at slashphone for more pictures (hit the tabs for up-close shots). Following the spin-off of BenQ we've got everything crossed that this will appear in Europe sometime.The handset appeared previously at Computex in June and it's promising to see it getting a full press release now. There's still not much else known about specs, however we'll give you more as we get it." via coolsmartphone.com

HTC Vogue WM Professional

HTC Vogue 100 Coming Soon
    The HTC Vogue cellphone may be coming soon. its asking price is reported to be at $450 each. It comes in with Windows Mobile 6 Professional operating system with a 32bit Qualcomm MSM7500 Chipset CPU clocked in at 400MHz. The device measures 58 x 99.9 x 13.9 millimetres and has a ROM capacity of 256 MB and RAM capacity of 128MB.

Furthermore, the Vogue 100 has a 240 X 320 resolution with color transflective TFT screen. Additional features are:

Expansion Slots:microSD, microSDHC, TransFlash, SDIO
    Serial:RS-232 , 115200bit/s
    USB:USB 2.0 client, 480Mbit/s , USB Series Mini-B (mini-USB) connector
    Bluetooth:Bluetooth 2.0
    Wireless LAN:802.11b, 802.11g
    Multimedia Telecommunication
    Satellite Navigation
    Built-in GPS:NMEA 0183 , 20 channels
    Built-in Digital Camera
    Main Camera:CMOS sensor, 1.9MP
    Built-in Flash:Not supported
    Power Supply
    Battery:Lithium-ion polymer , removable
    Battery Capacity:1150 mAh
    http://www.mobilewhack.com/htc-vogue-100-coming-soon/

Pretty and functional!

Surur
    Actually those look really ugly to me.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by LoganT View Post
    No accounting for taste, or the lack of it...

Surur
    IMO the first good looking WM phone is the Toshiba 900.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    IMO the first good looking WM phone is the Toshiba 900.

This one? Its think its pretty plain looking...

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by LoganT View Post
    The first one looks cool to me!!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    i believe that keyboardless devices are the easiest to make look good. once you introduce a sliding keyboard they start to look bloated. when you introduce WM then you need buttons galore and the devices starts to look busy like a walkie-talkie. that is why virtual keyboard devices look the best; they are typically slim and without too much interruption. that is what makes the iPhone as attractive as it is and the Treo look dated.
    Last edited by oalvarez; 09/07/2007 at 06:45 AM.
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    My vote goes to the new QWERTY Ipaq, but who am I to judge...
    Slider phones are quite the rage now and they still look good. Look at Sony and Nokia's lines.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Eh. the LG WM Prada looks the best of WM devices these days IMO. The Benq one you showed above would be sick with OLED, touch, and no slider. Ah well.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Antoine of MMM View Post
    Eh. the LG WM Prada looks the best of WM devices these days IMO. The Benq one you showed above would be sick with OLED, touch, and no slider. Ah well.
    Of course! How could I forget the LG KS20!

Oi, say 'ello to 12.8-mm thin LG KS20, the 3.2Mbps HSDPA cuz to their KU990 touchscreen hottie. Although the KS20 shares much of the looks of the KU990, they've actually trimmed back the display to 2.8-inches (compared to 3-inches on the KU990) while acing that 5.1 megapixel shooter for a skimpy, business-minded 2 megapixeler all riding atop a Windows Mobile 6.0 OS. Expected Q4 in Europe running on some of that Vodafone carrier action, at least. We'll be sure to get up close and personal with it at IFA later in the week if that's ok with you. Though so.
    http://www.engadget.com/2007/08/29/l...o-6-and-hsdpa/

Surur
    see what i mean? they "look" the best this way....i think most would agree.
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    Is that an actual cover on the first phone or are my eyes playing tricks on me?
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    Is that an actual cover on the first phone or are my eyes playing tricks on me?
    Its a WM Standard phone, so non-touch screen.

Surur
    In this world, anything that has a "slider" or a "flip" and is "slim" automatically classifies as "good looking."

Thanks.
  16.    #16  
    Here's another WM Standard smartphone I would not kick out of bed.

Its an unannounced 3G slider from Vodafone which should show up soon.

http://www.theunwired.net/?item=unve...ile-smartphone

Surur
    Touch III is the real deal. thats the Vogue but 3g GSM version with a drop down qwerty.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    In this world, anything that has a "slider" or a "flip" and is "slim" automatically classifies as "good looking."

Thanks.
    I don't know. Then again, more casual users are awed by that aspect of things than some of us here. Yes, Treos are clunky and therefore something that does/looks different can have a sense of being better looking, but I'd even gather that would be more the case of one's eyes getting something different than the norm.

For me, a beautiful device is not just one in hardware design, but user interface, software, and usability. A pretty device's hardware (the LG WM Prada for example) can be marred by a horrible interface (in this case, WM's shell that's stylus driven for a device designed to be touched).
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
  19.    #19  
    There is no need to complicate things.

I think for the general population a pretty phone is pretty standard - slim, sleek, usually curvy and shiny, minimal buttons, large screen, nice colours and materials. Its at very basic things.

Surur
  20.    #20  
    The Stylus hate is way overblown.

Surur
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast