Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
    see what i mean? they "look" the best this way....i think most would agree.
    If we were going on just style or sexiness alone with no other factors, then yes I would agree. But often times there has to be a balance with size, style, and productivity. For many who have to constantly type LLLLOOONNNGGG emails buying a phone without a sliding keyboard would be counterproductive.

Beauty is simply in the eye of the beholder....are they thinking sexy to help them get a date, or the hours they have to spend with it for work.
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    The Stylus hate is way overblown.
    Is not I just wannt use my fingers more, and for a 'touch'screen, why does another appendage (layer) need to be added is all I'm saying (will have to not go any further else this topic will be blown way off course).
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Drool! They all look good to me! I like the HTC TyTN II also.
    we were speaking about "looks" and not productivity. for those that need a slideout keyboard (or an exposed one) they must accept the give-up in looks for the added productivity. that's pretty obvious and i think i alluded to that. the more you throw on these things the less good looking they become. for those that don't need all of that productivity the iPhone is good at both offering features for the masses combined with great looks, but that's why i still have to carry a Pearl monday thru friday. oh well.
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    we were speaking about "looks" and not productivity. for those that need a slideout keyboard (or an exposed one) they must accept the give-up in looks for the added productivity. that's pretty obvious and i think i alluded to that. the more you throw on these things the less good looking they become. for those that don't need all of that productivity the iPhone is good at both offering features for the masses combined with great looks, but that's why i still have to carry a Pearl monday thru friday. oh well.
    ah. I see. All solid points. Thanks for the clarity.

I was beamoaned in college and high school for saying that the most attractive women had it in both body and mind. Too many just went for the former and neglected the latter. I guess my mobile tech likes tend to follow the same.

The part were you said that "the more you throw on these the less good looking they become" is something that I think device makers really struggle with. Buttons, multiple layers, and transistions become more difficult to simplify when u want to add something else. But the solution isn't always to take things away either. Too minimalist and you give the impression of having to relearn more. In both cases you might end up with a good looking device, but a not good functioning one, making its looks nil when it comes to anything more than showing off.

6.    #26  
    Showing off is an important function for many many people.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by Antoine of MMM View Post
    ah. I see. All solid points. Thanks for the clarity.

I was beamoaned in college and high school for saying that the most attractive women had it in both body and mind. Too many just went for the former and neglected the latter. I guess my mobile tech likes tend to follow the same.

The part were you said that "the more you throw on these the less good looking they become" is something that I think device makers really struggle with. Buttons, multiple layers, and transistions become more difficult to simplify when u want to add something else. But the solution isn't always to take things away either. Too minimalist and you give the impression of having to relearn more. In both cases you might end up with a good looking device, but a not good functioning one, making its looks nil when it comes to anything more than showing off.

was speaking in general terms and not directly at anyone specifically (just to be clear!).
    I think the vogue looks great. I think black and gray look a little better than the goldish color http://www.htc.com/product/03-product_htctouch.htm
    Is not I just wannt use my fingers more, and for a 'touch'screen, why does another appendage (layer) need to be added is all I'm saying (will have to not go any further else this topic will be blown way off course).
    "Inking" is pretty hard without a stylus. For example, the Sketches program for iPhone while clever, lacks any real utility because a big fat index finger just can't be used for meaningful annotations.
    which is my problem with smaller WM touchscreens; it's quite hard to push an icon/button, successfully.

i'm in the "say no to stylus" camp
  11.    #31  
    Why dont you guys take this debate to another thread?

Surur
    all has to do with the design of the devices you mentioned as being "pretty," no?
  13.    #33  
    all has to do with the design of the devices you mentioned as being "pretty," no?
    As Antoine said, there is no way it wont spiral out of control, or at least take up more space than the original premise of the thread. I would love to discuss it in another thread however.

Surur
    since when did you start caring about a thread spiriling out of control?
  15.    #35  
    since when did you start caring about a thread spiriling out of control?

Anyway, here's another one that just popped up, and may come to T-Mobile USA.

It is most certainly going to T-Mobile USA. While Juno is the codename, we havenít got word of the official launch name yet. Itís a Windows Mobile based device and has a "consumer friendly interface, most likely HTCís TouchFlo," says our source. He also goes on to tell us that it will have a QWERTY keyboard, but from the looks of things, is that SureType? T-Mobz should be positioning this phone as an "adult Sidekick" and the phone has a "wow screen and interface." It is currently a T-Mobile USA exclusive and set for a mid to late October release.
    http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2007/09/12/htc-juno-yes/

Surur
    Saw that one on BGR earlier, no slider and an update to HTC's Touch UI and this could be really nice.

17.    #37  
    It looks like a non-touch WM smartphone, so no touchflo. Probably just more "fluid interface" type eye candy, but still button-driven.

Surur
    If this were not a Moto propirerory OS and something else (Palm, WM, Symbian...even their JUIX OS), this the new Moto ROKR E8 would fit my idea of beauty because of design and function:
    http://www.unwiredview.com/wp-conten...otorokr-e8.jpg

IMO, this should be the next Treo's design (haptic included, 3G also).

If this were not a Moto propirerory OS and something else (Palm, WM, Symbian...even their JUIX OS), this the new Moto ROKR E8 would fit my idea of beauty because of design and function:
    http://www.unwiredview.com/wp-conten...otorokr-e8.jpg

IMO, this should be the next Treo's design (haptic included, 3G also).
    Neat looking but you just know everyone would cry foul about the screen. They want that look plus somehow a 3" VGA, which I can't see how that'd work.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    Of course! How could I forget the LG KS20!
    http://www.engadget.com/2007/08/29/l...o-6-and-hsdpa/
    Surur
    Now THAT is a nice lookin' WM phone. The rest of these posted are ugly IMO.
    Too bad that LG is a European phone.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast