Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Yes, I am using the BB 8830 on BES with one wrinkle and that is that I am also syncing it up to a second computer which is not BES.
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    My 8830 will be arriving this week. I too have been through the ranks with Palm since the beginning. I will not miss the bluetooth problems with my 700P. I just wonder how many times I will try and touch the 8830 screen hoping something will happen!
    i don't miss the touch screen at all.only thing I miss is streaming radio and threaded SMS. Otherwise I love it!
    8830 should be showing up tomorrow. Checked out the pearl, but deemed too small and didn't feel like getting adjusted to the Smart Type. Will check in after I put some miles on the 8830.

Thanks All, (dumping 700P)
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    As I get used to the keybd shortcuts, the 8830 gets faster and faster to use. Now I am trying to sell by 700wx. The ebay marketplace seems glutted with them at the moment!
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Okay, so my 8830 arrived today. I have been using Agendus. Does anyone know an easy way to transfer the contacts over? I tried the vCard option but that only allows one contact at a time. I also tried exporting a csv file but them you have to map everything. ARGH!
    Easiest way is to sync with outlook. Sell your treo on craigslist much Better than eBay. I sold mine in 1 day. Of course it may be easier if you live in a big metro city
    there is a one time sync capability from palm desktop with the BB. you can do it on the initial setup and then it'll be outlook from then on. you can check the BB forums for more info. It's been awhile so I forget exactly.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    Easiest way is to sync with outlook. Sell your treo on craigslist much Better than eBay. I sold mine in 1 day. Of course it may be easier if you live in a big metro city
    Thanks Treoneo. I finally found the Outlook conduit and was able to get it to work. I've always sold my past Treo's on ebay, but I think I'll take your advice and try Craigs List. I live in Fairfax, VA, just out side of Wash. DC so there should be a pretty good draw.

Now the only thing to do is decide a fair price. Mine is in excellent condition.

Thanks again!
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    there is a one time sync capability from palm desktop with the BB. you can do it on the initial setup and then it'll be outlook from then on. you can check the BB forums for more info. It's been awhile so I forget exactly.
    Thanks crogs! TC forums are so much more responsive than the BB forums.
    what carrier do you have your pearl on neo ?
    Tritan

May the Pda be with you!!
    Quote Originally Posted by tritan View Post
    what carrier do you have your pearl on neo ?
    Neo is on Sprint.
    at&t iPhone3G
    tis true. why do you ask?
    tis true. why do you ask?
    Just wonder what you thought it of thats all. You have the BIS package with turn by turn directions? How well does it work?
    Tritan

May the Pda be with you!!
    The gps works awesome. I love it. But I don't use the stock email client at all. I think the BB email is crap! I actually forward all my accounts to gmail & use the free gmail application. This app is perfect. I also only pay $10 a month for my data plan. It was $30 but I got Sprint to give me a credit each month for $20.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomvb2000 View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. I'm trialing both now and for the most part, they seem pretty equivalent. The biggest item so far is that SplashID supports 9 data fields whereas DataVault supports 10. Since PasswordsPlus supported 10fields, I have hundreds of items, and the DataVault CSV import is very flexible, I'll likely move to DataVault.
    Just updating an old post in case anyone can benefit.

I did a trial of both SplashID and DataVault on my 8300 Curve and decided to go with DataVault. One of the important things to me was being able to easily transfer the 350 PasswordsPlus records I had on my 700p. The DataVault csv importer was the most flexible and made it very, very simple.

In addition, the way they do the trial was nice. Instead of a fixed number of days to do the trial like other apps, they give you a fixed number of runs. That's better so you can use it at your leisure and get a good feel for how it works.

Finally, the integration with the OS was very nature and well done and they give you many options to customize it the way you like. Like many others, I'm going to be very happy with this purchase.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
    I just ordered the BB 8830 from Verizon... They weren't too clear about their data usage policies. Does anyone have any input?
    Loyal Palm user for 7 yrs is considering BB8830 instead of 755p as my next upgrade (from Treo 650) for 1 reason & 1 reason only.

Free GPS using google maps.

Do you blame me? I will not pay $10 pm for sprintNAV. Sure, I will miss the touchscreen and all the palm apps, but what does Palm have in lieu of free GPS?

I think Palm should wake up, smell the coffee & deliver the same possibility with the Treo.

Any feedback will be appreciated.
    My Sprint 8830 users are complaining that the GPS does not work once outside the USA (meaning it will not show active anymore). They tried using it in Germany on a GSM network. Voice and data are working no problem ...
    i don't miss the touch screen at all.only thing I miss is streaming radio and threaded SMS. Otherwise I love it!
    Old thread but I agree. I also miss my crappy camera.

I'll be selling my old stuff craigslist too (700w, 700wx, xv6600, and Kyo7135 with all of their parts).

100% company mail, company websites, and instant messaging -- I never had these on my Treos. Even with VPNs, they never worked right. GPS too -- no need to carry around a little bluetooth one.

Blackberrys just work.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast