Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    For all of those who consistantly whine about Palm's lack of innovation, I would like to take the time in a nice manner (for me, at least) to currently disprove the myths one at a time.

1) Palm is simply copying ideas from its licensees and sticking it on its handhelds a year late!

This is true, and not true.
    First off, the ENTIRE palm community borrows things from eachother. The EDGE, for example, tried to imitate the V-series form factor with modest success. But that's acceptable from its licensees right? Sure it is! But if Palm was to do the same? Big no-no says us. Well, they really are not. They took the idea of expansion, mostly from Handspring and Sony, and improved upon it.... big time. I maintain my theory that if those modules ever do come out at a "reasonable" price, it may make Handspring's jumbo Springboard in comparison look like a joke. I think it will be worth the wait when things are all said and done.

2) Palms OS LAGS far behind from PPC

People always tell me not to compare these two OS's, but then go around and compare the two themselves anyway! Palm's OS is built on the philosophy of simplicity, and unobtrusiveness. PocketPC, is based on the philosophy of Windows (in many ways, that's not a good thing) .

3) Palm doesn't push its OS far enough

You're right and wrong. However, this is sort of a good thing. Has anyone noticed how the Palm OS is evolving more and more into a community-based OS? (it's not quite near the open-source mark yet,) but the Palm OS is built around the developer community, which Mac OSX proved, is a really good thing! (this is also why I criticize the lack of Flash RAM from Handspring!) I almost think of it as open-source, since most of the contributions, come from the people who use these things on a day-to-day basis.

You'll never see this in the PocketPC community nearly as much as the Palm community at the rate MS is going now.

4) Palm's hardware is yesterdays news.

Find me a PDA that:
    * Has the V-series form factor (only smaller!)
    * Has a color screen
    * Is upgradeable (Flash Memory)
    * Is expandable
    * Has the possibility to attach modules that don't hurt the form factor, and would have the possibility of becoming stand-alone (Mp3 players) in the event the PDA isn't needed. (This is actually VERY important!)
    * Is made in the USA (or at least you can buy one that is!)
    * Has an OS support for file types such as .gif .jpg and even .mp3. (although, I'm not quite sure what Palm is doing with this, or if it's something down the road)
    * Is mac-compatable.
    * Costs under $500.00
    * Does not require the backlight to be constantly on
    * Has a vibrating alarm
    * Uses a standard media type

NOW, can you think of another handheld that does all this on ANY platform? The only thing that comes close is the CLIE and the EDGE. And both of them are at least lacking in 3 areas. (Some details I'm not sure about on the CLIE.)
    <b><font size=1 color=teal>"Sorry about the whole thing about losing your life savings, but that Palmpilot is property of Enron, so please give it back"
    Originally posted by bblue
    [...] The EDGE, for example, tried to imitate the V-series form factor with modest success. [...]
    How do you figure? The Edge is far from a Palm V clone.

[...] I maintain my theory that if those modules ever do come out at a "reasonable" price, it may make Handspring's jumbo Springboard in comparison look like a joke. [...]
    Hardly. How do you think the warts likely to be seen on SDIO modules will make Springboards look like a joke?

Find me a PDA that:
    * Has the V-series form factor (only smaller!)
    * Has a color screen
    * Is upgradeable (Flash Memory)
    * Is expandable
    * Has the possibility to attach modules that don't hurt the form factor, and would have the possibility of becoming stand-alone (Mp3 players) in the event the PDA isn't needed. (This is actually VERY important!)
    * Is made in the USA (or at least you can buy one that is!)
    * Has an OS support for file types such as .gif .jpg and even .mp3. (although, I'm not quite sure what Palm is doing with this, or if it's something down the road)
    * Is mac-compatable.
    * Costs under $500.00
    * Does not require the backlight to be constantly on
    * Has a vibrating alarm

NOW, can you think of another handheld that does all this on ANY platform?
    What do you mean by 'another'? Show me one handheld that does all that.

The only thing that comes close is the CLIE and the EDGE. And both of them are at least lacking in 3 areas. (Some details I'm not sure about on the CLIE.)
    The Palm m505 lacks in at least two:
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  3.    #3  
    Are you kidding me? The Edge, while not a CLONE of the V series, there's almost no contest over who Handspring used as their benchmark.

Next, Springboard modules have one fatal flaw= size. This is a benefit in some ways because of sturdiness. *my idea for a color screen, found here: http://discussion.visorcentral.com/v...threadid=14993 would not be feasable on the M50X series. But they're a monster to carry around. Especially with the EDGE. If you want to use your current Springboard cards, you have to use that bulky adaptor, which hurts the form factor. Stuff will be availible soon, but I'm still questioning it. The Springboard is also NonStandard technology, meaning, it's good only on your Visor. While I doubt SD & MMC will be as popular as CF and SMC, they can be used in other devices. (Hell, even some Springboard modules!) (MiniJam)

One handheld? The M505. Read on.

The modules won't hurt the Form factor... they're too small! Sure, they may protrude slightly, but they're small enough to go unnoticed. And judging by the actual size of the mock-ups, they'd be the smallest of their type.

And next, I know this: THERE IS SUPPORT FOR .GIF .JPG .MP3 files in either OS 4.0 or OS 5.0 . (Although, I'm almost positive this is for OS 4.0) This does not mean it can play Mp3's directly, but it probably allows the smaller size of many of the SD modules, and more integration between the hardware down the line. I'm not sure how Palm is approaching this, like I mentioned earlier, but I do know they HAVE done something with it.

I'll find the article. But the point still stands. Neeexxxtt!
    <b><font size=1 color=teal>"Sorry about the whole thing about losing your life savings, but that Palmpilot is property of Enron, so please give it back"
    Are you kidding me? The Edge, while not a CLONE of the V series, there's almost no contest over who Handspring used as their benchmark.
    Because it's metal and small? That's harldly a Palm innovation. In no way does the edge harken to a Palm V (or m50x) WRT design.

Next, Springboard modules have one fatal flaw= size. This is a benefit in some ways because of sturdiness. *my idea for a color screen, found here: http://discussion.visorcentral.com/v...threadid=14993 would not be feasable on the M50X series. But they're a monster to carry around.
    Size is a big deal. Anything smaller means that a bunch of hardware has to be external. Are you finding it overly difficult to carry all your springboard modules?

Especially with the EDGE. If you want to use your current Springboard cards, you have to use that bulky adaptor, which hurts the form factor. Stuff will be availible soon, but I'm still questioning it.
    This, right after you hail Palm's release of an SD slot that has less for it than sprinboard, is also going to have its form factor raped by anything other than memory, etc, as brilliant. At the very least the edge has the ability to use expansion technology that is already out there.

The Springboard is also NonStandard technology, meaning, it's good only on your Visor. While I doubt SD & MMC will be as popular as CF and SMC, they can be used in other devices. (Hell, even some Springboard modules!) (MiniJam)
    Name 1 company aside from Palm that has utilized SD technology. I'm waiting.... I'd like to point out that the springboards terrible size is what allows adaptor modules (SD, CF, Memory Stick, etc.). That sucks, doesn't it. I have a pda that is going to (or already is) able to utilize every form of expansion that's being used on pda's. So you can't put it in your computer. Big deal! 8MB of extra RAM in my mac is **** in a bucket functionaly. Even a digital camara only has a point on the pda, to be downloaded and worked on on the computer. A GPS module with a laptop is the only combination that makes sense to me. Otherwise the computer has bigger and better installed, or the PDA is more mobile and the module would only be used on it – with all pertinent information uploaded and worked with on the desktop.

One handheld? The M505. Read on.

The modules won't hurt the Form factor... they're too small! Sure, they may protrude slightly, but they're small enough to go unnoticed. And judging by the actual size of the mock-ups, they'd be the smallest of their type.
    Did you pass physics in high school? There is a certain amount of electronics needed to get an mp3 player (for example). Just because the slot got smaller doesn't mean that the electronics did. Considering the size of standalone mp3 players, I'm already impressed with the SoundsGood (and would own one if mac support was there), and you think that will be implementable on device the size of a postage stamp, and done so cheaply? I like your vision of the future, but it seems to be lacking something. Reality.

And next, I know this: THERE IS SUPPORT FOR .GIF .JPG .MP3 files in either OS 4.0 or OS 5.0 . (Although, I'm almost positive this is for OS 4.0) This does not mean it can play Mp3's directly, but it probably allows the smaller size of many of the SD modules, and more integration between the hardware down the line. I'm not sure how Palm is approaching this, like I mentioned earlier, but I do know they HAVE done something with it.

I'll find the article. But the point still stands. Neeexxxtt!
    Until I read the article, it remains your pipe dream. Try again.
    Last edited by dick-richardson; 05/17/2001 at 05:01 PM.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    ...Neeexxxtt!
    Given my limited knowledge of Toby, I doubt he's finished discussing this with you.
    -Joshua
    bblue, your arguments are so full of holes, it's not worth my time to point them out.

But here are a few gross inaccuracies:
    The modules won't hurt the Form factor... they're too small! Sure, they may protrude slightly, but they're small enough to go unnoticed. And judging by the actual size of the mock-ups, they'd be the smallest of their type
    And where have you seen proof of these modules so small that they wouldn't hurt the form-factor? You must be psychic cause these modules do not exist yet!!! The non-functional models models looked pretty big to me!!! Again you are talking about stuff that do not exist!!

Where do you get your info? From what I have read, it is physically impossible for the m505's current processor to decode MP3's!! The limitation is not the OS, it's the hardware!!

Sony's Clie is equiped with a built-in MP3 decoder chip that takes care of this, that's why you can listen to MP3 playback and use the PDA at the same time.

Those are only a couple of the statements that you made that's incorrect. There are other, but it appears that you have you mind and opinions already made up. If you truely believe that Palm is God, then go right ahead and errect your temple.
    Fat's
    Well, at least the m505 is small. And unlike some others (many others, it seems), I find the screen to be a nice compromise between battery life and brightness (as an iPAQ user and ex-IIIc user I always keep my back/sidelight on it's lowest setting anyway).

That said, the higher resolution/brighter screen of the Clie does intrigue me. But since I already have an iPAQ, which can do everything the Clie can do - and more, what's the point of buying one? Besides, the Clie is still too big for my pockets(I've actually held one, so I'm not guessing here). While there are other PDAs that can do what the m505 can do, and do it better, none can boast color and expandability in such a compact package. Sure, we're going to have to wait a bit for SDIOs, but we then again we had to wait a helluva long time to get any meaningful Springboards - so what's the big deal?

Now, if Palm could hurry up and release a hard case, as well as get the Stowaway out of the door, I'd be set. Oh yeah, and where's the Novatel Minstrel 500?

-Adam
  8.    #8  
    I am a "certified genius" do not argue with thou! j/k

Ooookaayy. Now, here's the deal. One at a time for as long as I can type. These are in no order.

1) People have already started to develop for the SD/MMC slot. While most of what I have seen is the Palm mock-ups, what I actually based my info on, was a conversation with a person who is developing a Barcode Scanner, as well as several other products, which the dimensions given to me were smaller or equal than that of Palm's mock-up. I'm guessing it was for MMC cards, since the SD organization is sill messing with us.

While I haven't actually seen the actual FINISHED modules yet, you must also (**** dickson) realize that these modules have limited size capacity. If they're too large, they could become overly topheavy and snap off. So size IS a major concern. But I guess some clever developers have found out how to fit stuff in there!

2) I'm not THAT stupid. I already MENTIONED that the M505 CAN NOT play Mp3's. However, I do know that OS 4.0 DOES HAVE SUPPORT for the file format. Once again, I am not sure WHAT Palm uses this for. It may be CLIE only to take advantage of its special processor (although, that would make little-to-no-sense b/c it uses an earlier version of the Palm OS)

Once again, it most likely has something to do with the module. For further questioning, ask Palm, for I am NOT the one developing this module.

3) More proof dicksy you've never seen one. Compare it right next to an Edge. It's small..... REAL small. Better yet, compare it to a V series, or a Prism. If that doesn't impress you, obviously, you're more interested in proving me wrong than actually realizing it's size-to-feature ratio is amazing.

---

Because SD slot is still new, it's a bit behind. However, I managed to find the following links:

http://www.panasonic.com/consumer_el...sd/default.asp
    http://www.emtec-group.com/Consumers...l_Memory_Card/
    http://www.pc-cardmart.com/PCMCIA_Secure_Digital.htm
    http://www.provantage.com/scripts/go.dll/-s/vmtcm00p

Just to name a few. Granted, you'll go on nitpicking about how these are only a few companies supporting the technology, but that's not too shabby for a technology not even standardized yet.

Keep in mind, it also has MMcards. Instead of listing links, go to google.com , and find it yourself.

----

Also, a slight correction. Palm OS4.0 uses it as the "install tool" for 3rd party file types on the expansion slot. (?) This wasn't the article, but it's kinda close.

http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_Story.asp?ID=1697 . It's close enough, so can you nitpick about THIS part somewhere else?

----

Finally, to keep things cool, can we turn down the stupidity in here? All of your questions & misunderstandings could have been answered if you would have gone to google.com and LOOKED IT UP! As for opinion, I'm a certified genius. You're not..... as far as I know. j/k/

I'm sorry, but it gets tedious! But at least I'm backing it up, which goes to show you I am NOT making this up.
    STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT!!! omg!! This is giving me a headache!!!

1) The edge was not a copy of the Palm V, cause guess who created the Palm V, no! Jeff Hawkins! and where is he now? HANDSPRING!!! HE has a mind of his own, b. It's important to note that SD sucks in al lregard, and that it's expansion will be hell to do. Seriously, how do you fit some thing the size of the Geode in such a smal lspace, so that it won't break off. IMpossible.

palm is a dead duck.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
  10.    #10  
    Personally, I don't LIKE SD technology at all. It's not as intuitive as the Springboard interface, but once again, the laws of Palmdom have been defied. I guess they CAN build those (read earlier) tiny modules. I'm guessing they're doing some pretty rough stuff with the polymers to keep em from breaking. So while I don't like the SD technology, when and if those modules come out, I will most likely be impressed.

Finally, yes, the Visor EDGE IS a response to the V series! Hawkins wasn't the ONLY person who worked on it mind you!

That doesn't mean they COPIED it, it means it was influenced by it! If the Palm V didn't exist, the EDGE would still be out... eventually, but even Handspring compares it to the Vx!

oh well, consider it dropped.

When you're a certified genius, you know these things!
    When you're a certified genius, you know these things!
    Ok, I admit it, I'm not certified yet (still trying to get my name spelled correctly on the test)... but in the meantime, just remember: I do know it all... I just can't remember it all at once!
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Originally posted by ****-richardson

Name 1 company aside from Palm that has utilized SD technology. I'm waiting....
    HandEra!

I would not be surprised at all if the next PDA from Handspring has a SD slot along with a Springboard slot though. It takes up almost no space from a hardware standpoint. Of course given recent events, I wouldn't be surprised if Handspring switches to PocketPC (or whatever Microsoft is calling it lately) for an OS as well.
    Originally posted by acraniotes
    Well, at least the m505 is small. And unlike some others (many others, it seems), I find the screen to be a nice compromise between battery life and brightness (as an iPAQ user and ex-IIIc user I always keep my back/sidelight on it's lowest setting anyway).
    After seeing a 505 at Staples I'm one of the many others who didn't find the 505's screen a good compromise, even taking size into consideration -- almost, but not quite. The color was just a little too dull, at least with the built-in apps. I wish I could've seen some third party apps that actually make use of color.

That said, the higher resolution/brighter screen of the Clie does intrigue me. But since I already have an iPAQ, which can do everything the Clie can do - and more, what's the point of buying one?
    Being able to run Palm OS apps, for one. And if you prefer the Palm UI, like I do, that's a compelling reason in and of itself.

Besides, the Clie is still too big for my pockets(I've actually held one, so I'm not guessing here). While there are other PDAs that can do what the m505 can do, and do it better, none can boast color and expandability in such a compact package.
    True, but the color and expandibility of the 505 are questionable, to say the least. The color didn't do it for me, and frankly, I don't have much faith in the future of SDIOs. But the SD slot is fine for memory expansion. And I really don't think the series V-sized market hangs on the fate of expansion modules. Size is the primary selling point.

Sure, we're going to have to wait a bit for SDIOs, but we then again we had to wait a helluva long time to get any meaningful Springboards - so what's the big deal?
    I don't know about you, but when I look at the size of the SD slot, I have trouble visualizing I/O devices for it that don't require way more R&D than Springboard modules, which inevitably means higher price modules. That's not to say that SDIOs can't or won't happen, but if I were buying the 505, I'd get it for the color (at least some color for only $50 more than the m500) and the form factor, not the promise of a voice recording module.

I think what made the Springboard slot such a big draw was precisely that it was so large: large enough so that all kinds of devices didn't seem far-fetched that would've in a smaller slot, like the Memory Stick. Even hobbyists can try their hand at soldering together a Springboard gadget.

Now, if Palm could hurry up and release a hard case, as well as get the Stowaway out of the door, I'd be set. Oh yeah, and where's the Novatel Minstrel 500?
    I didn't realize the m50x Stowaway that's listed on Palm's site wasn't already shipping. That sucks, but at least you'll have one before Edge users.
    bblue, all of those SD links you posted seem to be for memory cards. On a quick review I see nothing pertaining to actual SD modules. Even the mockups that Palm's shown before DO impact the form factor in that they protrude more than just a bit, and hence would cause the m500 to not fit in most cases, for example.

As Gameboy70 (just noticed he's got a 70 in his username too) and ****-richardson pointed out, it took a long enough time for developers to make modems and MP3 players that fit into the relatively large Springboard slot. There are still lots of modules that protrude, like several modems, MiniJam, GPS's... Getting stuff as small as Palm's mockups doesn't seem easy, or cheap.

We really have to wait until fall, when the modules may come out, before we can proclaim SD to be good or bad for non-memory expansion...
    As much I as try not responding to all the misinformation and outright fantasy-taken-as-fact posted by bblue, I find myself unable to resist commenting. It's like driving past a car wreak, you know that you shouldn't look, but you do anyway. So here we go...

First
    Finally, to keep things cool, can we turn down the stupidity in here? All of your questions & misunderstandings could have been answered if you would have gone to google.com and LOOKED IT UP!
    First of all, I find this statement comical. This coming from the same person that also claimed (referring to the m505 posted 5/13/2001):
    Because of this, the backlight is not relied upon so heavily, and even better, in broad daylight, it looks even better than a Prism. In fact, it's the ONLY handheld I've seen that has color AND can be used in daylight!
    Hard to believe? It's here:
    http://discussion.visorcentral.com/v...5&pagenumber=1

Second
    I don't know why you keep on insisting that the SD modules will be small and not affect the m505 factor. Despite all the comments by others that pointed out that small SD modules may not be physically, technologcally, and financally feasible. To all those comments, all you could do was post a bunch of links to memory cards and provide statements that border on fantasy and wishful thinking.
    While I haven't actually seen the actual FINISHED modules yet, you must also (**** dickson) realize that these modules have limited size capacity. If they're too large, they could become overly topheavy and snap off. So size IS a major concern. But I guess some clever developers have found out how to fit stuff in there!
    I guess they CAN build those (read earlier) tiny modules. I'm guessing they're doing some pretty rough stuff with the polymers to keep em from breaking.
    I guess these obscure "clever developers" can figure out a way around the laws of physics and "fit the stuff in there" and they can also do some "rough stuff" to strengthen the modules.

What the hell are you talking about??
    Last edited by Fat_Man; 05/18/2001 at 12:27 AM.
    Fat's
    1) People have already started to develop for the SD/MMC slot. While most of what I have seen is the Palm mock-ups, what I actually based my info on, was a conversation with a person who is developing a Barcode Scanner, as well as several other products, which the dimensions given to me were smaller or equal than that of Palm's mock-up. I'm guessing it was for MMC cards, since the SD organization is sill messing with us.
    Big deal. People are developing for the edge connector, too. You missed my point that you were faulting Handspring for the edge connector, while forgetting to mention that Palm's m50x connector is going to have to deal with the same issues.

I've made that point myself, but the fact remains that just because it needs to be smaller doesn't mean that it's possible. It just means that Company X is going to release their product in the smallest form they can get it (by using technology and/or removing features). Technology is not cheap, and removing features makes them harder to sell. Either way it loses when compared to the springboard slot.

2) I'm not THAT stupid. I already MENTIONED that the M505 CAN NOT play Mp3's. However, I do know that OS 4.0 DOES HAVE SUPPORT for the file format. Once again, I am not sure WHAT Palm uses this for. It may be CLIE only to take advantage of its special processor (although, that would make little-to-no-sense b/c it uses an earlier version of the Palm OS)

Once again, it most likely has something to do with the module. For further questioning, ask Palm, for I am NOT the one developing this module.
    Your the one lauding Palm's brilliance (when in fact, they are implementing Handspring/Sony/TRG/etc. innovations, albeit in a slightly different way so as to avoid paying licencing fees). If you can' back up your arguments, you shouldn't post them. Telling us to look for ourselves does not mean you know what you're talking about.

3) More proof dicksy you've never seen one. Compare it right next to an Edge. It's small..... REAL small. Better yet, compare it to a V series, or a Prism. If that doesn't impress you, obviously, you're more interested in proving me wrong than actually realizing it's size-to-feature ratio is amazing.
    I have seen one, held it, and played with it. I bought the edge. More interested in pointing out gaping holes in your arguments than sitting in OfficeMax with a rapt expression on my face, playing with the pretty Palm; a child on the 4th of July amazed with the magic lights of God? You're damn right.

Because SD slot is still new, it's a bit behind.
    Exactly my point.

However, I managed to find the following links:

Just to name a few. Granted, you'll go on nitpicking about how these are only a few companies supporting the technology, but that's not too shabby for a technology not even standardized yet.
    Once again, exactly my point.

Finally, to keep things cool, can we turn down the stupidity in here? All of your questions & misunderstandings could have been answered if you would have gone to google.com and LOOKED IT UP! As for opinion, I'm a certified genius. You're not..... as far as I know. j/k/

I'm sorry, but it gets tedious! But at least I'm backing it up, which goes to show you I am NOT making this up.
    It is your responsibility to offer proof for your arguments. Not mine to get it for you. And I'd like to point out that I never said you were making it up. I said that until you offered proof, it was your pipe dream.

So, let's look at your descriptions of the m505 again.

* Has the possibility to attach modules that don't hurt the form factor

Looks like it fails on three accounts. Unless, of course, you're only talking about memory modules, you can access a .jpg/.gif/mp3 file directly on the Palm, and somebody besides Palm (licencees included) utilizes SD. And that's according to your own criteria. Would you like me to make some up that make the edge look better? Or the clié? Or PPC? How about a laptop? Pencil and paper? A couple of rocks?
    Last edited by dick-richardson; 05/18/2001 at 12:35 AM.
    -Joshua
    Wow, this thread is fun to read!
    Please continue, guys!
    Have A Good Day!
    I Love My Prism!
    Originally posted by akur
    Wow, this thread is fun to read!
    Please continue, guys!
    It's fun to participate in, as well. BTW, bblue, in reference to your "to keep things cool" comment: I'm not pissed.
    -Joshua
    Now if everybody could take a cue from Gameboy70's comments regarding my previous post, I think we'd all get along a lot better around here. He stated clearly, and without venom his reasons for not liking the m505, as well as his rationalization for purchasing the Clie (whereas I questioned such a purchase due to the capabilities of my iPAQ).

Gameboy, I agree that my faith in SDIOs is quite possibly misguided, but hope springs eternal in the human heart. Why can't they stick an mp3 player or digital camera on on an SD card? Sony has managed to create a digital camera MemoryStick (it's a prototype, but it's functional).

As far as perferring the PalmOS - I, for one, don't. I also do not prefer PocketPC. I just happen to love PDAs, and find that each OS has it's own particular advantages and disadvantages. Presently, I'm using my m505 over the iPAQ due to its considerable size advangtage (now that it's warmer out, I don't have a jacket on all the time with a pocket large enough to stick the bugger in).

And one last word on the screen. From what I understand, Hungary-made units should be avoided like the plague. I happen to own a US-made m505, and have read that the screens are brighter, and have better contrast than their Eurotrash cousins. Still, I would never argue that the m505 screen holds a candle (even a dim one) to the Prism, or even a IIIc - except outdoors.

-Adam

PS - Shame on Handspring for not lighting a fire under ThinkOutside's *** and getting a solid commitment for an Edge-compatible Stowaway. Heck, even Sony has one coming out for the Clie.
    Originally posted by acraniotes
    ...PS - Shame on Handspring for not lighting a fire under ThinkOutside's *** and getting a solid commitment for an Edge-compatible Stowaway. Heck, even Sony has one coming out for the Clie.
    My sentiments exactly. The keyboard is quickly moving beyond its original "accessory" title.
    -Joshua
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast