Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    Can someone please tell me some objective differences between the Curve versus the Pearl?!

I don't think I could ever get used to the shared button design of the keyboard of the Pearl. Does the Curve have a trackwheel like the Pearl?

Help I am very confused and know nothing about Blackberries.
    Mainly it is the size and keyboard type. The Curve has a full QWERTY kb and the Pearl is the smaller SureType. Some folks like it once they get used to it but it is still sort of like T9 on steroids, IMO. Both are trackball devices. BTW - go look at them both at blackberry.com (then you would have known they both had trackballs )
    Last edited by bubbatex; 08/16/2007 at 10:38 AM.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    and wifi or gps...
    I used both - I kept the Pearl because I love the same size and I have become quite good at using the suretype system

Will most likely upgrade to the new Pearl when it comes out.
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    the Pearl is a fantastic business email device as long as you don't have to type very lengthy messages. the phone and pim are beyond sufficient. internet access is there if you need it. it offers most all of what the Curve does but in a much smaller package which i find most pleasing (pocketability wise). to me that is the Pearl's selling point, you can hardly tell it's on your person.
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    they both offer pretty much the same applications. the only big difference is the keyboard. as a long time treo user, I can't live without a full QWERTY, go for the Curve email is your daily routine.
    Get the latest cell phone news and deals at www.icellphonedeals.com.
    I got my new phones free at bestincellphones.com, where did you get yours?
    The other advantage to the curve besides a full keybaord is the bigger 320x240 screen. The bigger screen is really helpful for almost everything you do on it (except maybe making calls). But email, web browsing, games, looking at contacts and pim info, etc are better with a bigger screen.

It depends on your useage (and maybe eyes) if the added screen is worth it. For me the keybaord was worth it too but I know some poeple love Suretype. Just not me.
    Palms and more Palms till the 700p ruined it for me. Blackberry and now the Pre. Sprint customer since 1994! They had 1 tower in town.
    Quote Originally Posted by Homie View Post
    The other advantage to the curve besides a full keybaord is the bigger 320x240 screen. The bigger screen is really helpful for almost everything you do on it (except maybe making calls). But email, web browsing, games, looking at contacts and pim info, etc are better with a bigger screen.

It depends on your useage (and maybe eyes) if the added screen is worth it. For me the keybaord was worth it too but I know some poeple love Suretype. Just not me.
    I have to agree with this as well. The 2 Megapixel Camera, and the entertainment features on the Curve are what made me move to the Curve as well. I have Tried the Pearl, 8800, and Curve, and I am hooked on the Curve now. Even after being a Treo and Palm user for 20 years!! I am not looking back!!!
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >