1.    #1  
    Yesterday, I installed EasyLock on my Visor. It seems to be a pretty good (and secure) application to keep people from accessing your information on your Visor. I especially like how if you don't press the designated button within the specified time period after pressing the power button, a screen pops up with my name, address and phone numbers, asking me to put in the password that I set. I think the idea is great, but what is the chance of someone returning my Visor to me? I just don't see it happening. I am just curious to know if anyone has ever lost or misplaced their visor and had it returned to them.
    Originally posted by MoKoni
    Yesterday, I installed EasyLock on my Visor. It seems to be a pretty good (and secure) application to keep people from accessing your information on your Visor. I especially like how if you don't press the designated button within the specified time period after pressing the power button, a screen pops up with my name, address and phone numbers, asking me to put in the password that I set. I think the idea is great, but what is the chance of someone returning my Visor to me? I just don't see it happening. I am just curious to know if anyone has ever lost or misplaced their visor and had it returned to them.
    It just takes a hard reset and the person finding your visor has a nice clean one. There isn't a security program out there that will return your visor to you. The purpose is to keep others out of your information. So if you lose it, you can pretty much bet that you'll never see it again (unless it's found by one of the few people left with morals not a bet I'd take). You just rest comfortable with the knowledge that the person doesn't know whatever you had on your visor.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
  3.    #3  
    That's exactly the reason why I installed EasyLock. I am more concerned about the information on my Visor, than the Visor itself. I would gladly pay for a new Visor, rather than share my credit card numbers and checking account register with the guy who found it. I keep my confidential information in eWallet (which is password protected and encrypted) but I wanted an added measure of security. I just thought that the owner information page on EasyLock was a neat feature (at least for those few moral people out there who might actually return it). As for someone ever returning a lost Visor, I guess that's just a pipe dream.
    I had my old Sharp Wizard stolen out of my care a few years back. I went out and purchased a PalmPilot Professional (and have been a happy Palm OS user since).

After I'd had the Pilot for a month or so, someone sent me the Sharp. A note in the package said they had purchased it off a guy on the street for $50, turned it on and saw my name and address on the splash screen, and thought they'd return it. I've still got it, although it pretty much just gathers dust these days.
    When I worked at a college, a student once turned in a Palm he'd found left behind in a classroom on our floor; I took it over to security (where the agent showed me how to find the owner's name; this was my first encounter with any handheld).

In the next day's edition of the student newspaper, the owner advertised for the safe return of his missing Palm, which he said he'd left in a different building.
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
    yeah, i did. i left mine in a cab the night of the oscars. i bought a new one the next day. three days later the cabbie returned it to me. i gave him $50 (which he said was way too much but i insisted), and i returned the other one.

mc