2 8.70%
  • After the release of the new CLIE

15 65.22%
  • After the next IIIc's price drops

1 4.35%
  • Demand is so high, it may be next year

5 21.74%
  1.    #1  
    I've been both impressed AND dismayed at how well the Prism has withstood this year's price gyrations in the PDA sector. How long can it last?
    I think the edge and prism both could drop a little. The m500 shows up at ~$335, and the IIIc is ~$275, if you do a search at my simon. Lowest price on edge was still ~$400 last time I checked. They must be selling a ton of both of them to stay at these prices with all of the competition out there.
    Handspring's stubborn about price drops. It took over 18 months for the VDX to drop by a mere 20%. The company probably figures that it's doing enough volume to rake in the high margins. I don't think Prism would drop without a parallel drop in the Edge, and it's too soon for that. If I were Handspring, I'd probably sit back for at least a couple of months and wait for some sales and market share figures to corroborate the anticipated demand for the m505. So don't hold your breath.
  4.    #4  
    I've been watching Ebay, and units advertised as "unopened" tend to roll of at about $370. If I can find a seller that will do an escrow transaction I might go that route in July.
    More clues, especially the last paragraph:

http://www.internetnews.com/prod-new...766501,00.html
    "That IS a Palm III form-factor in my pocket, AND I'm happy to see you...."