View Poll Results: Should a Springboard adapter be made for the new Palms?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - What a great Idea!!! It would allow me to extend the life of my investments in SB technology.

9 37.50%
  • Yes - But I'm not sure it would fly.

5 20.83%
  • No - Why Bother.

7 29.17%
  • Is this a trick question?

3 12.50%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by mikedemo
    It was just an idea. I am not about to debate if its profitable effort or prove its technically feasible.
    The closest solution to your idea that is technically feasible would be for Handspring to license the Spingboard and Edge connector bus: in effect, to OEM the Edge to Palm (you know, like Handspring did with PDAOffer.com ). I'd feel better about both companies if they licensed each other's technology on a quid pro quo basis (Palm OS for Springboard and vice versa). But that's pretty unlikely.
    Originally posted by Gameboy70
    I'd feel better about both companies if they licensed each other's technology on a quid pro quo basis (Palm OS for Springboard and vice versa). But that's pretty unlikely.
    And would blur the lines between the two devices, which may be good for the consumer as Handspring and Palm have to build in more features to distinguish their product (wince, anyone?), but would be akin to shooting themselves in the proverbial foot as the distinction they have between each other would be severly limited.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
  3.    #23  
    Originally posted by ****-richardson

And would blur the lines between the two devices, which may be good for the consumer as Handspring and Palm have to build in more features to distinguish their product (wince, anyone?), but would be akin to shooting themselves in the proverbial foot as the distinction they have between each other would be severely limited.
    Look at what Handera is doing. Supporting CF and SD technologies. Means more people buying those cards which means they can be sold cheaper. Symbol supposedly licensed SB technology from Handspring and we've seen nothing come to fruition.
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12