1.    #1  
    Has anyone seen the Handera 330? Looks pretty cool.
    Originally posted by crjemp
    Has anyone seen the Handera 330? Looks pretty cool.
    From a technical perspective, I'd agree. From an aesthetic perspective, it makes me a little ill.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    The Handera is the way to go for me.....

Lots of features and screen quality that I need. The back light is excellent!

heyday
    The Handera - a few quick bullets

- Recaptures the spirit of the first Palm Pilot
    - Chrome is out, but I can live with it
    - An old toothbrush will sweep the finger-crud build-up right out of that "grille"
    - Dream feature set (slots galore)
    - HE VP claims chrome plating makes it very rigid
    - Lighter than the IIIxe even with batteries and all the new goodies

Life is gooooood
    "That IS a Palm III form-factor in my pocket, AND I'm happy to see you...."
    If I were buying a palm I would definatly get the Handera, however I'm sticking with my pocket PC at least for now.

(Although I am finding that I need, or would like, a palm so that I can write software reviews, so I might just have to get one
    Sam Kleinman

PocketPCThoughts.com
    CollectiveArts
    Free-ePress
    Musings of a Teal Artist
    CollectiveArts TechMusings

"Everybody don't like something and we all don't like you." -- Richard Thompson, Hard Luck Stories
    I checked out a HE330 Friday at a local medical bookstore. I think it looks good. It is very rigid with no flex. The screen and backlight are great! The voice recorder really works well, but you will need to play with recording levels. QuickOffice/Wordsmith are terrific in landscape and full screen! Palm III form factor without the TRG hump on the back. Jog dial and backout button both worked as advertised. I think that this is the poweruser machine, for now.
    <><
    Originally posted by LanMan
    The screen and backlight are great!
    LanMan,

Would you go so far as to say that HE has managed to preserve the contrast of the best monochome screens out right now (Paltinum, Palm Vx) while giving us back the true backlight?
    Originally posted by LanMan
    The screen and backlight are great!
    I am a bit worried about the contrast of the screen. The only comment about contrast I have read is "it has the same screen as IIIx. I owned one of those and I don't remember what the darned screen looked like. I am curious about how much more readable it is with the higher resolution. As a vdx owner, I have been VERY impressed by the screen on the edge and the m500 (I am not woried about color 'cause of the $$). Does the 330 have the same poor contrast as the visor deluxe? How much more readable is the screen with the improved resolution? There have also been a lot of comments about the backlight. Does the "old style" backlight improve low-light situations (like when the backlight on vdx doesnt help, but lighting is too poor to really read the screen easily)?
    Suposedly, Palm was able to make the leap in screen contrast from the Palm Pilot Professional series to the III and V series buy making changes to the display. The changes meant replacing the true backlight with the reverse pixel technique that we have all grown to know and hate.

If this is true, the real hat trick will be for the HE to have Visor Platinum quaility contrast WITH the true backlight.
    Looks like the 330 is one of the better units for IR range:

http://www.pacificneotek.com/range.htm
    <><
    So far, lots of reviews but no end users that I've seen. Has anybody gotten one yet? I'd be curious about the real-life experiences anyone has had with it.

Cheers!

Tucson Sailors
    They are buzzin' about their HE's over at PDABuzz in the HandEra forum:

http://www2.pdabuzz.com/Forums/showt...threadid=17140

I can't wait to get one. But I have to wait for my birthday in July. But by then they will be all over the place.
    <><
    Palminfocenter has a new HandEra review:

http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_Story.asp?ID=1948
    <><
    No USB for hot sync takes alot away from this PDA.
    Serial is agonizingly slow.