1.    #1  
    From what I read in the WSJ review, the author seems to love the clie, except for a problem. He said that present palm programs (excuse the alliteration, it was accidental) were not compatible, and sometimes wouldnt work with the higher res.

Anyone know about this?
    Red Mercury Should Have all the info you need. From What I can tell It works With pretty much everything and Runs Pretty Quick!
    <FONT face="verdana,arial,helvetica" size="1" >NetCaptor and Odigo Rule!<i></font>
    "The Internet is now on computers?"
    Homer Simpson
    Shouldn't be a problem since Sony did hi-res the smart way (as opposed to HandEra). If a particular app doesn't support the hi-res mode (and most won't for some time), they will run in a compatible low-res mode.

What Sony has done is to exactly double both the vertical and horizontal resolution. This means that old 160x160 resolution apps will run in a mode that uses two pixels horizontally and two pixels vertically to emulate each 160x160 pixel. In this mode, the memory map for the screen is even identical so apps that write directly to the screen for perfomance should still work correctly.

One additional benefit is that since the display is still 320x320 even when emulating the low-res modes, it should not have the famous 'black grid' problem that everyone complains about on color Palms. I still have other reservations about the new Clie, but Sony appears to have done the graphics right.
    Originally posted by Visor Guy2
    Red Mercury Should Have all the info you need. From What I can tell It works With pretty much everything and Runs Pretty Quick!

Thanks for the link. Great info on the Clie screen resolution.

By the way . . . .Nice hoola hoops
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.
    I'm using a Prism and a Clie N700c right now.
    There is some compatiblity problem when AP doesn't support
    320*320. Here is my experience:

1. Some program like Action name 4.56 or todo plus
    can be forced to run under 320*320, It looks pretty
    under this kind of resolution. All fonts are display
    in 16*16 or 24*24

2. Some program like Bang! and sixshooter(mostly games)
    can't run under 320*320 and cannot switch to 160*160
    automatically. You got to download a program name
    "Switch dash". It can force certain program to run
    under 160*160

3. Some program can be running under compatible mode.
    But the speed is much slower, You still got to use
    "switch dash" to improve the performance,
  6. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    Originally posted by matika
    You got to download a program name "Switch dash". It can force certain program to run under 160*160
    For those who are interested, you can download switch dash here:

http://clie.idv.tw/open.asp?id=149