1.    #1  
    I am going to go to cingular today to buy a new phone to replace my Sprint 700WX. I am tired of the resetting and constant problems.

I am considering the iPhone or the Blackberry Curve. Which is a better phone for everything? I do use the phone a lot, as well as e-mails, and music.

Thank you.

Best,
    Kyle
    I'd spend some time at the various iPhone and BB forums to help me decide.

Do a search on the app you might find yourself "missing" and then see what others are doing to replace it.

I have a Palm OS device running DateBk, searching the BB forums lead me to believe that I was really going to miss a variety of things i've grown accustomed to over the years with it.

Enough at this point, neither an iPhone NOR a BB would be a suitable replacement for me.
    m100(for 1 day)->Sony PEG-S300->PEG-N710C->PEG-NR70 (needs a new battery!)->Treo 650 (bad connector)->650 (dead ear speaker)->700p (sucky battery life)->new 700 on way
    That's good advice. I have neither but I am looking at an 8830 to replace my Q. One thing I would suggest is that you go somewhere and find an iPhone to play with. Going from a real keyboard to a virtual one would be tough for me because I do quite a bit of email on my phone. And also - if there are any programs you love on the WX, it might not be replaced on either of those choices. Most important to me is Exchange - so the BB covers that.
    i think the Blackberry Curve is a great device and best suited for business purposes (that's not to say that its only purpose is business use). If your needs are more phone/internet/music centric, then the iPhone. If you want more robust email and pda type functionality, then the Curve might suit you best.
    Last edited by oalvarez; 07/29/2007 at 05:46 PM.
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
    i think the Blackberry Curve is a great device and best suited for business purposes (that's not to say that it only purpose is business use). If your needs are more phone/internet/music centric, then the iPhone. If you want more robust email and pda type functionality, then the Curve might suit you best.
    Well, this is even better advice.
    i think i can speak from experience. i use a Pearl for work, my spouse uses a blackberry 8800 for work, and we own an iPhone as well.
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    You might also want to look at the 8820, which has wifi...
    I see nothing in July or June at that link comparing the iPhone to the Curve. More spam??
    I think if you compare a spec sheet the iPhone is more a media phone (and thus better media functionality except video recording ) while the curve is more business-oriented w/media. As the OP says he emails and uses music a lot neither might suit him as perfection - iPhone does those well but doesn't allow saving attachments (so depends on how he likes his email) and has low volume (based on forum posts mind you) while BB curve mightn't be best at media...as iPhone hits 2 out of 3 it might be the better of those two if he can afford it. But there are probably better (maybe not newer) phones than those two that cover all three. Best bet is to go down to the store and try both for 3 hrs and see!
    I too am sick of Palm's problematic phones. I just made the switch to the BB curve. Very happy. It only costs $200 after rebate. The phone does everything it suppose to, and does it well. As a long time palm user, I am happy to have made the switch.