View Poll Results: How many Handheld devices do you own?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll

18 43.90%

15 36.59%

3 7.32%
  • 4 +

5 12.20%
  1.    #1  
    OK... Just out of curiosity, how many handheld devices do you currently own? This would include all types.. Win CE, Pocket PC, HPC, Palm, Sony, Handspring, etc...

Reason I am asking is that I currently have 2, and am intereste din the new M505. Just don't want to seem unrealistic having 3 devices.
    I can't see any average user needing more than one. But its it's becoming more common to hear of a people with multiple PDAs. I curently have two. A Visor Deluxe and a Visor Prism, but I am never truly satisfied. I always want more features. That is why I am on that never ending quest for the perfect PDA.

Hold off and wait to see the new Sony Clie N710c. It should beat the pants off the M505. I am trying to wait until the a new Visor comes out. (praying for a slimmer prism with 320x320 16bit color screen )
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.
  3. Ash
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I've got two currently, a Visor Deluxe (which I actually use) and a Palm III (which the Visor replaced and has been sitting on the shelf ever since).

I may replace the Visor with an m505, and if I do I'll probably try to get around to selling the Palm III and Visor on eBay or something.
    Originally posted by Codeworks
    OK... Just out of curiosity, how many handheld devices do you currently own? This would include all types.. Win CE, Pocket PC, HPC, Palm, Sony, Handspring, etc...

Reason I am asking is that I currently have 2, and am intereste din the new M505. Just don't want to seem unrealistic having 3 devices.
    Are you gonna sync all 3 devices?
    -Mikedemo
    I have five:

1. A StarTac Clip-On organizer I "inherited" from my wife, who never used it. I don't either. Turns a nice, small phone into a big, bulky phone without much of an increase in functionality.

2. A Sharp Wizard, which I almost never use. I actually really liked it, but synching it to my computer is too much of a pain. A nice piece of equipment, just a bit obsolete.

3. An old Rex 3, which I synch and use occasionally (once a week) - just when I don't want to bother to carry my Visor. Got it for $30 bucks.

4. My Visor Deluxe, which I synch and use occasionally - mostly if I want to use my GPS module outdoors.

5. Finally, my Visor Prism, which I use constantly.

It's a sickness. I heard that the price on a Diamond Macko had dropped to $150, and I was very tempted to buy one just because I've never played around with a psion/epoc device. I resisted because I doubted I'd use it enough to justify the cost. I'd buy an IPaq if it wasn't so damn expensive (particularly when you consider the extra outlay for new keyboard, modem, etc. to work with it), but I keep hoping to win one in a contest.
    Originally posted by VTL
    I have five: . . .

. . . It's a sickness. I heard that the price on a Diamond Macko had dropped to $150, and I was very tempted to buy one just because I've never played around with a psion/epoc device. I resisted because I doubted I'd use it enough to justify the cost. I'd buy an IPaq if it wasn't so damn expensive (particularly when you consider the extra outlay for new keyboard, modem, etc. to work with it), but I keep hoping to win one in a contest.
    Five wow. And I thought I was crazy to think about buying a M505. I'll submit your e-mail address to PDA.A.

BTW: I have a Casio Boss too
    -Mikedemo
    "Hi, my name is Vince, and I'm a gadget-aholic." I like it. My wife would love to get me into a twelve-step program.

That said, the number is a little misleading. Most are older models I got on the cheap, or things I didn't bother to ebay when I upgraded. I really only use my Prism on a regular basis.
    I own two, a Visor Deluxe & a Prism. My annual upgrade time is the middle of January, so Handspring better have a Clie rival by then! I used to own a Palm V, which I won in a contest, but I never used it so I just recently sold it.
    Matt Nichols
    VigoSpraxPalm@Yahoo.com
    Originally posted by Matthew Nichols
    I own two, a Visor Deluxe & a Prism. My annual upgrade time is the middle of January, so Handspring better have a Clie rival by then! I used to own a Palm V, which I won in a contest, but I never used it so I just recently sold it.
    I'm with you bud. But my upgrade time is whenever a most compeling device comes out.

I think, I hope, Handspring with have a Clie rival soon. Cause my third pda seems more and more like its gonna be the new Clie.
    -Mikedemo