Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I went to Sprint store today and I seem to like the Mogul.

I compare it to the 755p side by side and its the same size and height.

I like the Mogul because the screen is larger and also it has WM6.

I have no idea when the 755w is coming out for Sprint.

Your thoughts?

Thanks.
    Nope and never will, never did like the slide out keyboards. >.<
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    I was going to buy the Mogul before I bought the 755.. but the Mogul wasn't available yet.. I got the 755, and I am quite happy and do not plan on changing. The 755 was my first PDA and first Palm device.
    if you don't need an exposed keyboard (ie, you don't type often) then you might just love the Mogul. Give it a real try to see if it works for you.
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    Yeah, that. This thread can be closed.
    Bump...
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
    if you don't need an exposed keyboard (ie, you don't type often) then you might just love the Mogul. Give it a real try to see if it works for you.
    Or maybe if you DO type often. I have a Q and I am actually thinking about a Mogul because I need to type long (and well written) emails. I get frustrated typing on the Q or a Treo for more than a few lines!
    I can appreciate what you are saying. For me, given how often i use the keyboard, i could not see having to slide it open, rotate the device, type, then close and rotate each and every time.

hey, what works for you works for me.
    well , i have the treo 755p and my father recently purchased the mogul , even thow i told him , he would just end up getting mad at it since had the Q and always hated it , anyways , when i went over to help him figure out his phone , i got to mess with it a little bit , now there is are stuff on it that makes me jeoulus , mostly wifi, and internet speed , and camera with flash , but for me , i could figure it out and tried to show him , but he is still a little mad with it , i told him when he went to the store to buy a new celly just to get a treo 755p since its easy to work with , but over all , its a good phone , for the money and windows office mobil is nice too , but it can be a little fustrating for people who are not tech heads like my father who is use to simple phone function. only thing that he doesn like is the fact he though the phone would support sprint tv and gps and it wont , at least for now. over all thow , considering i just have had my treo 755p for a month and half , im happy with it , but if i had knew about the mogul i would have waited a month and bough that instead.
    The Mogul does support Sprint TV now, you just have to update the ROM. Rev.A and A-GPS will be later. It blows for BT though. If you don't need to ever use a BT headset, I'd consider it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    Or maybe if you DO type often. I have a Q and I am actually thinking about a Mogul because I need to type long (and well written) emails. I get frustrated typing on the Q or a Treo for more than a few lines!
    Talking about the 6800's keyboard... if you use your phone for quick SMS'ing the Treo is a better choice as using the side keyboard for this can be cumbersome. I like graffiti so for quick SMS I use it but requires the stylus and two hands. However, if you like composing messages a la Sidekick, then this phone is certainly for you.

If you are mostly composing longer messages - emails or docs - the side keyboard is great to have as it makes this easier but again requires two hands.

There is a screen keyboard mentioned on other posts (SPB keyboard I think) but have never used it so I can't comment on it, however it may be a work around for quick SMS'ing if you really want (need?) this phone.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoNewt View Post
    Talking about the 6800's keyboard... if you use your phone for quick SMS'ing the Treo is a better choice as using the side keyboard for this can be cumbersome. I like graffiti so for quick SMS I use it but requires the stylus and two hands. However, if you like composing messages a la Sidekick, then this phone is certainly for you.

If you are mostly composing longer messages - emails or docs - the side keyboard is great to have as it makes this easier but again requires two hands.

There is a screen keyboard mentioned on other posts (SPB keyboard I think) but have never used it so I can't comment on it, however it may be a work around for quick SMS'ing if you really want (need?) this phone.
    I am not a big SMS'er - maybe 50-60 a month. Short one way messages - and I still use 2 hands now when doing them on my Q. I am really leaning towards at least testing a Mogul for 30 days - how else am I going to find out if it works for me, right? However, I also keep looking at the 8830 - I know, different animals - and I can't necessarily swallow the data costs for a BB. I just pulled the battery AGAIN this morning to hang up a call on my Q. My decision is not "if" I will buy something else, just "what"!
    I made the jump a month ago from a 700p to the Mogul. Never looked back.
    I recently switched from a 700wx to the mogul and have not looked back in the slightest. I was worried about a slide out keyboard since I am a heavy texter but it hasn't been a problem. id say do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoNewt View Post

Just for clarification, you can also choose "Transcriber" as a keyboard and write normally with the stylus anywhere on the screen. If you use all upper-case letters it is about 95% accurate, so don't let the slide-out keyboard be the deciding factor in your purchase.
    I got a Mogul but i returned it after a couple of days. The Sprint network was unbelievably fast and the hardware itself was solid, but the Mogul is definitely a 2 handed device. Theres no way you're going to be able to use it while standing in a security line at the airport holding a bag in your other hand. too many operations require tapping on the screen or using the slide out keyboard. in the end i got a Dash which i'm very happy with. My dad has already "claimed" the 650.
    I went the Mogul route more than a month ago and came right back to my 700Wx (Long live Sprint !!!).

The only problem i had with the Mogul apart from never getting used to a slide out keyboard, was that after turning on the phone, real-world RAM was only about 24MB. In contrast, with almost 6 or 7 apps open on my 700Wx, i still had between 29-34MB of RAM.

The folks over at pdaphonehome and ppcgeeks are perplexed at the issue. Some thought it was something wrong with the phone, others thought it was WM6 holding on to some heap of RAM, others were stomped. They're still working on it. But the screen is great, side rocker is useful, sound quality very nice.

Having had the Mogul, i can definitively claim that the 700Wx is the best and most stable and useful WM device i've ever had. I came to realize the ease of an always there keyboard and one-handedness. I had always complained about the battery on the 700Wx, but on the Mogul it was atrocious.

Even HTC couldn't drag me away with their Mogul goodness.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    No question that the Mogul has atrocious battery life, way too little RAM to multitask and worse one-handed usefulness than the Treo 700wx.
    agreed on all counts, i was surprised at how poorly the device functioned in regards to the memory issue. yes, there are programs out there to help manage the memory and open programs but to me that's using the band-aid approach and i'm tired of that kind of thing...now if the Treo could just shave off some of its bulk....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast