1.    #1  
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    Wow....Glad my Treo 700P didn't have any......
    Lock and Load!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Denny Crane View Post
    Wow....Glad my Treo 700P didn't have any......
    I agree with you, but the 700 was never marketed as the "Holy Grail"
    at&t iPhone3G
    The jPhone does not have bugs...it has easter eggs.
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    This whole thread makes me think of the Alarm.

mikec, what is the jPhone anyway?
    Quote Originally Posted by braj View Post
    This whole thread makes me think of the Alarm.

mikec, what is the jPhone anyway?
    Jesus Phone. The point is that they gave up 3rd party apps for a closed system with the belief that they'd be completely bug-free, crash-free, and now that has failed to happen. So now they have to deal with not having any applications except what Apple puts on it and take the bugs too.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CountBuggula View Post
    Jesus Phone.
    I wonder if it floats on water?

...Or would that make it a witch??

......Or is that just if it weighs the same as a duck???
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    Quote Originally Posted by CountBuggula View Post
    The point is that they gave up 3rd party apps for a closed system with the belief that they'd be completely bug-free, crash-free, and now that has failed to happen.
    When was this claim ever made? When did the Apple PRPRPR $machine$ $put$ $out$ $the$ $ad$ $that$ $said$ &$quot$;$The$ $Worlds$ $First$ $Bug$-$Free$ $Phone$?&$quot$; $Apple$ $stated$ $that$ $they$ $weren$&#$8217$;$t$ $initially$ $allowing$ $3rd$ $party$ $apps$ $as$ $a$ $tradeoff$ $for$ $stability$, $but$ $they$ $never$ $said$ $it$ $was$ $going$ $to$ $be$ $totally$ $bug$ $free$.

So now they have to deal with not having any applications except what Apple puts on it and take the bugs too.
    This list is more a list of personal preferences than bugs. Looking at this list there are a couple that are clearly personal preference that i totally agree with and would like to see changed, but they aren't bugs. I'm also pretty happy with the bugs theyre finding because they're almost all obscure and reproducible, meaning Apple caught obvious bugs and should be able to fix these. I rarely ran into a reproducible bug on my 650, it would just reset at random times.
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by AnteL0pe View Post
    When was this claim ever made? When did the Apple PRPRPR $machine$ $put$ $out$ $the$ $ad$ $that$ $said$ &$quot$;$The$ $Worlds$ $First$ $Bug$-$Free$ $Phone$?&$quot$; $Apple$ $stated$ $that$ $they$ $weren$$t$ $initially$ $allowing$ $3rd$ $party$ $apps$ $as$ $a$ $tradeoff$ $for$ $stability$, $but$ $they$ $never$ $said$ $it$ $was$ $going$ $to$ $be$ $totally$ $bug$ $free$.

This list is more a list of personal preferences than bugs. Looking at this list there are a couple that are clearly personal preference that i totally agree with and would like to see changed, but they aren't bugs. I'm also pretty happy with the bugs theyre finding because they're almost all obscure and reproducible, meaning Apple caught obvious bugs and should be able to fix these. I rarely ran into a reproducible bug on my 650, it would just reset at random times.
    I will give credit where credit is due...Apple will take care of the bugs unlike Palm.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    I will give credit where credit is due...Apple will take care of the bugs unlike Palm.
    Really? "Of the 18 bug reports that I've filed 4 have been fixed and 14 are unresolved." Like the myth that Mac users "don't need to worry about viruses", the idea that Apple doesn't have bugs, but if it did, it would fix them immediately is just that.
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    Quote Originally Posted by tirk View Post
    Like the myth that Mac users "don't need to worry about viruses"
    they dont... And macs not having bugs has never been something mac users have asserted. Anyone who remembers System 7 would never say anything like that.
    they dont...
    Keep sticking your head in the sand... http://www.macvirus.org/database
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins

Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix
    Quote Originally Posted by phrogpilot73 View Post
    Keep sticking your head in the sand... http://www.macvirus.org/database
    Those are all pre-OS X. Look at the page you posted, they havent added a virus in 7 years.
    Those are all pre-OS X. Look at the page you posted, they havent added a virus in 7 years.
    http://www.macvirus.org/news_detail/114

I agree that it's not as big of a concern as Windows, however - as iPods, iPhones, and Macs become more popular - don't think there won't be any viruses.

And yes, I know it's a UNIX based OS and that the way UNIX manages the resources it's difficult at best to develop a virus. I'm just saying that most Mac users I know are a bit cavalier in their attitude towards viruses. Kind of like the US Transportation system pre-9/11.
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins

Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix
    Quote Originally Posted by phrogpilot73 View Post
    That was a a PoC viri put out by an anti-virus software company.... Now why would they do that?

I agree that it's not as big of a concern as Windows, however - as iPods, iPhones, and Macs become more popular - don't think there won't be any viruses.

And yes, I know it's a UNIX based OS and that the way UNIX manages the resources it's difficult at best to develop a virus. I'm just saying that most Mac users I know are a bit cavalier in their attitude towards viruses. Kind of like the US Transportation system pre-9/11.
    Mac users have a right to be cavalier in this respect. Could that bite them in the ***? Sure, but at this point running AV on a mac is a waste of resources. There are no viri for OS X and from what I have personally been seeing, there is little interest in developing any.
    Last edited by AnteL0pe; 07/18/2007 at 08:09 AM.