Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. jpizzaj's Avatar
    Posts
    120 Posts
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
       #1  
    ok i have used treo's all the way back to the 180, then the 600, and now the 680, my father uses my old 600 and my brother uses a 650 so we're all integrated here lol

    but recently i have come to hate thee treo series due to reliability issues. revently my parents where stuck in a city 4 hours away and the car died, finally we were going to replace the car so they wanted my brother and I to look at a new car where we lived as thyey looked at the same car where they were. so we were oof course back and forrth on the phone, as i say the following keep in mind i have NO THIRD PARTY APPS!! on my treo and nor does my brother, once when i went to pick up a call, it froze and reset, so naturally i let it do its thing while i grabbed my brothers phone b/c my mother was now calling him b/c mine wwould not pick up. so we go to hit the pickup button on his and it crashes, by then mine is awake and ready so i dial and when i press "send" it crashes again. finally my borthers treo is able to make it through after an additional 7 minutes of this same maddness and i was about ready to throw both phones into the nearest large body of water.

    so i want to get a much more reliable phone but i still wantt all of the features (except maby touch screen as thid makes it fragile in my opinion) of my treo, something sturdy, reliable, and capable of performing things like the checklist, word processing, mp3 player, email, texting etc.

    what would you recomend?


    b/c the 750 was another option for me i was wondering if it too is plagued with the same issues as the 680 and 650 that i am experiencing, lol amazing the most reliable phone i've owned of all of the phones i've used is the 180 lol and its not nearly as advanced as what i need now >.<
    Visor Neo-->Visor Edge-->Visor Prism(with Visorphone)-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 180-->Copper Treo 680-->Treo 270-->Treo 800w
  2. #2  
    You might have good success with a blackberry. Rumer is the last few years their functionality has really risen up to the level of a Treo (and surpassed it in some ways). There's a decent amount of 3rd party apps available for it (I think it can run Java apps) and if you don't mind losing the touchscreen it might be the way to go.

    Good luck, hope you can find something that works for you!
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jpizzaj View Post
    ok i have used treo's all the way back to the 180, then the 600, and now the 680, my father uses my old 600 and my brother uses a 650 so we're all integrated here lol

    but recently i have come to hate thee treo series due to reliability issues. revently my parents where stuck in a city 4 hours away and the car died, finally we were going to replace the car so they wanted my brother and I to look at a new car where we lived as thyey looked at the same car where they were. so we were oof course back and forrth on the phone, as i say the following keep in mind i have NO THIRD PARTY APPS!! on my treo and nor does my brother, once when i went to pick up a call, it froze and reset, so naturally i let it do its thing while i grabbed my brothers phone b/c my mother was now calling him b/c mine wwould not pick up. so we go to hit the pickup button on his and it crashes, by then mine is awake and ready so i dial and when i press "send" it crashes again. finally my borthers treo is able to make it through after an additional 7 minutes of this same maddness and i was about ready to throw both phones into the nearest large body of water.

    so i want to get a much more reliable phone but i still wantt all of the features (except maby touch screen as thid makes it fragile in my opinion) of my treo, something sturdy, reliable, and capable of performing things like the checklist, word processing, mp3 player, email, texting etc.

    what would you recomend?


    b/c the 750 was another option for me i was wondering if it too is plagued with the same issues as the 680 and 650 that i am experiencing, lol amazing the most reliable phone i've owned of all of the phones i've used is the 180 lol and its not nearly as advanced as what i need now >.<
    If your not one of those garent users that hates WM I would recommend the 700wx.A very very strong ppc with very high user rating.Ive used it since the sprint release and it's the best Ive ever owned.

    Phil C
  4. jlczl's Avatar
    Posts
    905 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    #4  
    If your carrier is at&t I would recommend the Blackjack. It has a beautiful (although smallish) screen and it is very stable.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

    Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
  5. braj's Avatar
    Posts
    961 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl View Post
    If your carrier is at&t I would recommend the Blackjack. It has a beautiful (although smallish) screen and it is very stable.
    My coworker said they had a great deal for a free Blackjack. If I wasn't already familiar with Palm OS I may have gone with one myself.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by braj View Post
    My coworker said they had a great deal for a free Blackjack. If I wasn't already familiar with Palm OS I may have gone with one myself.
    I really liked Palm OS simplicity, but I have to say, I miss none of it. Wish I had gone to the Treo 700wx a lot sooner. I'll take the stability and multitasking anyday (like being on a phone call, making updates to my Outlook contact/calendar/todos/notes, and in the background having ActiveSync sync it via Bluetooth.

    I hang up, suspend laptop, and go...and the Treo is up to date.

    No can dooey with Palm OS.
  7. jpizzaj's Avatar
    Posts
    120 Posts
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
       #7  
    I'm using at&t and I'm stuck in it, I've never had problems with them so I don't really want to switch but what are the main differences between the os of the 700wx and the 750? i prefer the antennaless and soft-paint style of the 750 much better.
    Visor Neo-->Visor Edge-->Visor Prism(with Visorphone)-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 180-->Copper Treo 680-->Treo 270-->Treo 800w
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by jpizzaj View Post
    I'm using at&t and I'm stuck in it, I've never had problems with them so I don't really want to switch but what are the main differences between the os of the 700wx and the 750? i prefer the antennaless and soft-paint style of the 750 much better.
    Not much.

    750 is newer with I believe a slightly new WM OS (not a huge difference though).

    Basically it's the same as the 700wx, just thinner and no antenna. Has all the same perks though.

    I've seem some suggest that the 750 is not as stable as the 700wx. I have no idea if that is accurate or remotely true.

    But if you like the "Treo design" and Palm's little tricks, I'd give it a shot. Then try a BJ if you don't like it.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  9. #9  
    I really don't understand this sort of issue. My 700P has dozens of 3rd party apps, and I can't remember it ever crashing when receiving or making a call. I'm not doubting the O.P., but something's got to be off. My bet would be saved prefs, or a corrupted database related to the phone.

    Maybe delete the saved prefs file and let the Treo rebuild it. If that doesn't work, try Pimlico Softwares new software that does integraity checks on palm database files.

    And before you start screaming that databases shouldn't get corrupted, remember that the Treo is a computer, and file corruption can happen on any such device, including a PC or a Mac. In fact, I cringe everytime I hear people talking about pulling the battery to do a reset. Doing that while a database is being written will almost guarantee corruption.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  10. #10  
    The crash on incoming calls has been verified by enough people that I believe it. I had it happen to me enough times that I got a free upgrade to a 755. I think it's happened once or twice to my wife's 700p but not enough to warrant a swap.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
  11. jpizzaj's Avatar
    Posts
    120 Posts
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
       #11  
    today at the gym while listening to my playlist like i do every day, it reset 3 times, as is that it would not turn on at all and i would have to pop the battery out, really like palm os and treos but this is becoming a disaster. >.<
    Visor Neo-->Visor Edge-->Visor Prism(with Visorphone)-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 180-->Copper Treo 680-->Treo 270-->Treo 800w

Posting Permissions